“Rating for Extended Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Dayton
Dayton, Ohio
“Rating for Extended Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

No extras like other extended stay motels such as pool, continental breakfast. Housekeeping is very poor at this place. I stayed here for 4 months and was not very happy. They finally put flat screen tv's in the rooms. The carpets in the hallways are very stained. They look like what you would see in a old run down motel in the boonies. There was only 1 person at the front desk that was friendly and helpful. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Benton Harbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I just stayed over the past weekend for a graduation, no restroom in the lobby only in your room, they had no extra towels available, the new manager didn't order enough towel for the weekend, they had to borrow from other hotels, the air condition wasn't blowing enough air. I seen better hotels for the price of the room we paid for. The location was a good spot near many others restaurants that is walking distance but as for staying again NO NEVER again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Dayton - North.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future.  I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.  Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).  I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This place is great. Love the service, the people, the place! I would definitely come back to Stay.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Dayton - North. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I usually look at Extended Stay Hotels as a little better quality. After all, if you're going to be there for an "extended stay," you don't want to be staying in a dump. Well, that's kinda what I felt this hotel was. They charged a "cleaning fee" for my pet, but there were stains on the carpet from previous pets, so they obviously weren't using that money to help "clean" the room. The room had an unpleasant odor, to where we were constantly looking at each other to find the culprit for releasing some gas, but really it was just the smell of the room. They make you sign a waiver for your pet when you check in, basically stating that if your pet is unruly, you will have to remove them/yourself from the hotel. Well, what about the people that are up at all hours of the night banging doors and provoking my dog to bark? There was trash left under the bed that my dog got into (again, where does my money for the "cleaning fee" go?). The hallway carpet is heavily stained, as well. The only positive things I have to say are that the woman at the front desk when checking in was friendly, and there is a power outlet by the bed for plugging in my computer (as opposed to it being across the room as at the last hotel we stayed at). I wish I had checked the reviews on here first, before booking the room, but as I said, I thought all Extended Stays had the same set of standards. Apparently not. We won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Dayton - North.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring.  All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards.  Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down.  In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.  Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.  I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Piqua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stay here often when I am flying out of town and take an early flight. The staff is great, they always have a smile ready for me almost even before I walk in the door! I really feel like this is my "home away from home" I only fly a few months out of the year, but each time they are ready to serve me with a great room. I also noticed they are trying to do some renovations, I'm excited to see the great changes when I fly next! Thank you for providing me with a great stay!!!- Aunt "B"

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Ft. Recovery
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I didn't care much for the hotel. The bed was extremely hard and the bathroom was covered in pubic hair. The front desk lady was not very helpful in the situation. Not where you want to stay if you want to sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jacksonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Out of all my years of traveling and staying with different hotels this one by far was the WORST ever. I checked in farely late on Friday July 22, I was initially told that I didn't have a reservation. I advised the young lady to check her computer because I had an email confirmation. After checking the computer as the first check was thru a stack of papers she confirmed that I did indeed have a reservation. After getting to my room, we settled in to eat a little dinner, finished and went to throw our trash away. Looked for the trash can which is located under the counter in the the kitchen. It was overflowing with trash, it obviously hadn't been dumped in sometime. The room was a non smoking room, the bedding had cigarette burns. The mattress was stained and hard. I ended up using a blanket of my own and sleeping on top of the provided linens. You also do not receive fresh towels unless you specifically go ask for them. After spending all day at Kings Island and to come back to your room to find the same dirty towels from the previous night was lets just say Annoying. Upon check out the lady was confused, she issued me a refund. When I asked what it was for, she said aren't you checking our early. I replied no the reservation was for 2 days. Then she recharged me. I really don't think she knew what she was doing. Overall just stay away for $89.99 + tax a nite you definitely can find a much better place. The service and room provided was more around the $39.99 level in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family