“Old, but good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
lexington, nc
“Old, but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This property is a bit thread-bare, but clean, well staffed and reasonably priced. They need new carpeting (especially in the elevator) and I'm disappointed that there are no refridgerators or microwaves in the rooms I've sampled, but solid value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our family stayed here Monday, 8/6/2012. The woman checking us in was very helpful in directing us to the best pizza place in town (Marian Pizza - we highly recommend!), as well as searching her data-base for our discount code that I had left at home. The room had the most comfortable pillows I have ever slept on and even though the McDonald's was right outside, I heard no traffic noise. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked in the morning and the egg and sausages now offered are great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rittman, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We checked in and were greeted with a musty, damp smell. The a.c. was on max and the room was freezing, so my wife turned on the heat and that set off the fire alarm. The next morning someone burn toast in the kitchen which set off the fire alarm at 6:45am. Then the maintence guy installed the bowed shower curtain 12 inches inside the tub, so close that you could not keep it off you. My free point room was not worth the headache.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Main in Dayton, OH on 7/27/12. The room was a Double, Non-smoking room, but had such a bad CIGARETTE SMOKE odor. Had we not been exhausted from our day's drive, we'd have checked out and gotten our money refunded. The smoke smell was very strong when we checked in, but a can of Febreze helped kill the odor for a little while (went to sleep, the room smelled like a fresh can, but when we woke up, the smell was back with a vengance). At checkout, I was basically told "sorry, there's nothing we can do about it".

After departing from this Comfort Inn, we were doubting if we wanted to stay at the next hotel (another Comfort Inn) that we had reservations at for the next 7 days. We checked that room before agreeing to stay the rest of the week.

We travel to Ohio on occassion, but never again will we stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, I wouldn't select any room at this location.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had booked and paid for a room at the Fairfield Inn across the street. I arrived early and was told I had to wait. (Through a series of emergencies and changed plans, I had failed to book a early arrival.) The clerk there was brusque and uncaring when I told her I had traveled 700 miles to my 40th class reunion and was going to miss it., I ran across the street to the Comfort Inn, which was also heavily booked and in the process of being cleaned. When told the desk clerk was told the exact same circumstances, she went from room to room with me to FIND me a room. She was WONDERFUL!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

My family and I were traveling through the Dayton area early in February. We booked this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Relatively low rate, decent average rooms, and probably the best free hotel breakfast I've ever had. Upon checking in the staff was friendly and helpful and accommodating a room change for us. Would definitely stay here again. Free Wi-Fi, indoor pool, and the good breakfast were all easily worth the price.

• Stayed February 2012
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed over Thanksgiving weekend. Check in was easy. Room was clean. No funny smells. Breakfast was nice, it included your basic foods and juices. Parking lot seemed a bit small we always had a place to park. Housekeeping was a bit off though. One day when we were leaving our room the lady said we almost missed out (??) and then she said she couldn't make the bed because our stuff was on it. No biggie. We didn't need to beds made up, however the only thing she did was restock the bathroom. Didn't throw away any trash. I don't think she even passed the bathroom. It didn't ruin the stay and I'd stay there again, this particular housekeeping lady was off. All in all I'd recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton? Share your experiences!