“Close to airport modern decor” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in Dayton
Parker, Colorado
“Close to airport modern decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night before An early flight. Room looked brand new. Very large with lots of light and plugs. Beds were too soft towels were scrawny. In room coffee really good. Shower was ok. Had a couch desk and chair with our king bed

• Stayed October 2012
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton North, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for our favorable review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will think of our property while visiting the area the next time.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very rude service from the front desk. Be prepared to shell out money for everthing including a cup of coffee. Not a good stay and unfriendly front desk staff. Did not even speak to customers coming in or out of hotel. With stays in over forty states and over one hundred sixty nights a years, this hotel is one of the worst with service.

Room Tip: Service was rude from the front desk. Everything was a pay to get. Even a cup of coffee. Will not st...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for the terrible service you received from our front desk. We pride ourselves on exceeding customer expectation and certainly take this very seriously. If you would like to call the hotel at 937-890-6112 and either speak with our General Manager, David Smith, or myself, we would like to discuss the issue. Once again, our apologies.
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My first stay at this place on a 18 day business trip. My first trip to Ohio. Based on reading the reviews here, it was not my first choice to stay, but the higher rated hotels in this area were not available for the entire length of my trip. This place felt more like a motel than a hotel. I can only conclude they do not get a lot of extended stay guests. I think a lot of the folks here doing reviews were on very short trips. This was my experience:
My "Do Not Disturb" sign was missing when I checked in. I had to go ask for one.
The day following my first night, I had to alert the Front Desk that Housekeeping did not replace my coffee and did not wash my coffee cup. Call me paranoid but I went bought me my own a cup.
No free continental breakfast like at the higher rated Hampton Inn (next door) and Drury Inn (down the street).
No fridge in the room. I asked about this at Front Desk and they told me they could "bring one up" (which they did). Why not offer it to me at check-in, bearing in mind that I booked an extended stay?
I hated the bed. Too soft for my liking and made for uncomfortable sleeping.

I could overlook all of the above but what prompted me to write this review was their billing practice.

Apparently, once your charges hit $500, your credit card account is billed. I was not told about this at check in (nor is it disclosed on their website). I found out after seeing a hold on my credit card for an amount significantly higher than $500. I asked about it and was told that it "automatically happens" once charges hit $500. I asked why wasn't I told and received an answer that did not make sense. I have never experienced this practice in all my years of business travel at any hotel locally or abroad. End result was my credit card was hit up for several $500 charges, while simultaneously showing significantly higher credit holds per charge against my credit limit during my stay. At one point, the authorizations/holds plus actual charges combined, ate into my credit limit for an amount that significantly exceeded Marriott's quote for the entire trip.

No one could explain why each authorizations/hold against my account were significantly higher than the actual $500 charges. The Manager was no help. Though I found this practice it strange, it would not have bothered me so much had I been told about it at check in.

In the last couple days of my stay I saw food droppings on the stairs. This tells me that they do not clean these public areas frequently. I will certainly not be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I am sorry for all of your issues while staying with us. We are primarily a transient hotel and as such, have microwaves and refrigerators available to be put in the room upon request. We have retrained our front desk staff to offer this amenity upon check-in for those staying 5+ nights. We have also spoken with our housekeeping staff and assure you that what you experienced is a rare occurence.

We do apologize that you were not told about the billing procedure upon check-in. It is true that we are required to bill every $500. The overage that you experienced was the authorization hold prior to the amount being charged. You were not actually charged the overage and it came back off of the card in each instance.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. We take pride in our service and when we under deliver it is taken very seriously. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you would consider giving us another try.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were visiting relatives in Dayton over the Labor Day weekend. We chose this hotel because of it's outdoor courtyard and location. Very clean, up to date place. The staff was so friendly and helpful, the lobby was so nice and spacious, it had places to relax and sit with a tv and comfortable chairs and sofas, also had computer desk with computers and a printer.

They offered free coffee from I think 6am to 10am my mother really liked the favored creams they offered for the coffee, they also provided coffee in the room.

They have a resturant in the lobby (it was a little pricey, so we ate at The Cracker Barrell which is located right next door, there are a lot of resturants and stores around this hotel) close to the airport and the airforce museum.

Beds were so comfortable, nice desk with all writing supplies, bathroom really nice and well stocked.

We will return to this hotel. The rates were reasonable and fair. Thanks to all the staff and employees for making a stay a very pleasant one.

Room Tip: Just tell the reservation desk what you need and they will accomadate you, very nice people, they go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate all of your kind words and helpful feedback. Looking forward to having you stay with us again!
Perrysburg, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We got this room for $60 (including tax) on Priceline and it was a fantastic value. A lovely a spacious room with SUCH comfortable beds! Strong wifi, nice bathroom products, coffee maker in the room. I particularly appreciated the public spaces in the hotel, as I was staying with my mom and needed some extra space to work while she slept. The lobby area is huge and inviting with comfortable couches, great place to work in the late night hours. I did my laundry in the guest laundry room (cheap and well functioning washer and dryer). The pool and jacuzzi looked terrific and the exercise room is attractive and well equipped. While there is no free breakfast here, other than that it's a great deal. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and charming. Check in and check out were both fast and easy. The hotel location is ideal, all the dining and shopping you could want is within walking distance and the airport is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hmeta, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton North, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for staying at our property! We truly appreciate the great review and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Regards,

Heather Meta
Director of Sales
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Pretty standard room, nothing special. Very comfortable bed, slightly touchy temperature controls, clean, and spacious. No continental breakfast - there is a place to buy snacks and breakfast in the lobby though. There is also a pool and small exercise room. Very attractive lobby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business! We expect to have beautiful new rooms to go along with our sparkling new lobby in the beginning of next year. We offer breakfast and dinner in our Bistro-Eat.Drink.Connect and feature a nightly Happy Hour in addition to our food choices in our 24/7 Market. We hope that you will stay with us again very soon!

Regards,

Heather Meta
Director of Sales
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

This hotel was convenient to the airport (5 minutes) and near many restaurant choices. Wi-Fi was fast and readily available in the guest rooms. The Bistro Concept (replaced the buffet) food is quite pricey, but of good quality. All staff I interacted with were very friendly. Especially the young lady that handed me a damp towel and pointed me to the complimentary coffee, after mine slid off the roof of my car and exploded at my feet, showering my shoes and coat in coffee. The exercise room was passable if a little small with two treadmills, an elliptical machine and a rack of dumbells...plus a TV and towels. The rooms were clean and well stocked. TV was a flat screen, but no HBO, even though the guide was in the room. I would recommend and return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dayton North? Share your experiences!