“Terrific Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Terrific Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews for a place to rest after shopping all day at the The Greene Town Center in nearby Beaver Creek. I was more than pleased about everything in this hotel. First, it looks like it is brand new, so it is immaculate. The decor is modern and visually appealing. It even smells nice when you first walk in the doors. We were greeted with a smile and pleasant conversation. Our room was beautiful and the beds were so comfortable that we slept in until 9:00 (which is unusual for our family). I would have no hesitatation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mike H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Sheila S.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us after a tiring day shopping. Thank you for your kind words about our property. We are so happy that your bed was comfortable enough to allow you to sleep in, I am sure your body enjoyed the extra rest. We hope to see you again real soon.

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at, without a doubt. I am glad I checked tripadvisor prior to booking a hotel or I never would have found this gem.

The staff was great and the room was excellent. Very modern decor and spotless. The location was great, I ended up walking ten yards to the chop house next door for a good meal.

I just cannot say enough great things about this property. I would've extended my stay if I did not have a time line to adhere to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
David W.

We are so pleased that you were able to find us on Trip Advisor, it is definitely our personal goal to ensure that all of our guest are extremely pleased with their stay Thank you for your very kind words about our property, and am glad that you enjoyed the benefit of having the Chop House so close to the hotel. You should definitely try them out with room service the next time you are in.

West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

What can you say? Called to see about reservation on new year's eve (last minute) - person on other end of phone was lovely. Found us a room (w/special requests btw!). Upon arrival, warmly greeted and very professional. Hotel is new/very clean. Room was fantastic/clean. Bed was very comfortable. Noise from other travelers was not heard. Shower has a very wide head for spray of water, and it is high enough for me (6'2") to not have to "crouch" down to shower. Easy access from highway, and next door to ANYTHING you might need.

Room Tip: Got a room "away" from elevator - never heard noises (light sleeper as well)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Mike H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Porthos7,

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your New Years Eve stay. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to take a comfortable shower :-). I will definitely pass your kind words along to my staff as they definitely enjoy hearing when they have done an outstanding job. Make sure you take a look at us next year for New Years Eve and bring a few friends too.

Mike Hyslope
Spring Valley, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

First time there. Think I'll bring the kids there "just because" for a mid-winter swim stay. Also, I am a germ freak!

Room Tip: Never seen anywhere so clean - except the Waldorf. This place did just as well in all areas!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Riki K,

Thank you for your response on our hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you and your children for your mid-winter swim. I will pass your kind words on to the staff and thank you again for your business and your wonderful remarks about our property.

Mike Hyslope
NE Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Great hotel. Seems brand new. Very nice indoor pool and hot tub. Complete breakfast. All I could ask for in a business hotel. Chop House right next door for nice evening meal.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Mike H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Travellion,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we constantly strive to keep our hotel the best that it can be, and it is always nice to hear that we are doing just that. Glad you got the chance to try the Chop House next door, it is definitely a bonus that they are so close. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Kegonsaman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our Thanksgiving SAT nite stay was enhanced by the Desk Clerk, Sonya Ledbetter; what a great asset! She promptly provided printed direcdtions/times for local church services, dinner recommendations and directions to a certain local store. This hotel must be relativiely new as the whole building looked great and was extremely clean. The room was spacious, and the bed comfortable. No wonder TA has this as Dayton's number one place to stay

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Mike H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Kegonsaman,

Thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel and especiatlly about Sonya, she is definitely an assett to the team. I am certainly glad we had everything ready for you that you needed. We hope to see you again in the near future as we will strive to stay looking as good as we do now if not better. Of course we have to stay Dayton's number 1 place to stay.

All the best and Happy Holidays,

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I've stayed at a number of HIE's for both business and personal travel in the US and Canada. I decided to stop over on route to Tennessee and based on reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to try the Dayton South HIE. I was extremely pleased! The hotel looks brand new, the staff was extremely pleasant - they even offered me a discount on the regular rate since I showed up late in the day - and the room was clean any stylish. If I'm ever in the Dayton area again I won't hesitate to stay there - in fact I might just do that on the way back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Mike H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Rafael G,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, as you stated in your review, you as well as my staff understand the importance of guest feedback. Guest feedback is one of the best training tools that we have at our disposal. Responses like yours is what makes all the hard work that we do day in and day out worth it. Thank you again for your business and your wonderful promotion of our building. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Safe Travels,

Mike

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South? Share your experiences!