First, great hotel. Clean, clean, clean. We stayed in a 2br suite Feb 2013 at the end of a long hall, and it was as quiet as the grave back there. Lobby looks good; check in was easy. Our requested extra towels were there as were feather-free pillows, too. Thanks for that, Residence Inn! No matter how many times I request it in the reservation, this was perhaps the first time it happened without asking once we'd arrived. Breakfast was good, the usual Residence Inn fare. There's a fair amount of seating, which is sometimes a problem at the RI's. Location is pretty convenient for freeway and anything you might want to do in Dayton. Overall, very nice stay.
Couple of cons, though, and they aren't entirely the RI's fault. We went to the pool for a quick dip. It's a really nice area and the pool is decent. But.....There were 16 very loud kids there with one adult. Now, my kids aren't quiet at pools. I mean, it's a POOL. I'm okay with noise. And really, the 16 weren't that horrible all in all, but one adult--who looked exhausted--just can't supervise that many kids and they were jumping, screaming, and generally doing what kids do in pools and often they were doing it right on top off my kids. Again, they weren't terrible, they just needed a bit more supervision than 1/16th of a nearly asleep adult. Had a wee bit of a wait getting an extra blanket last night too; the night desk person seemed stretched a bit thin.
I was a little bit appalled at the behavior of the guests at breakfast. Loading up two enormous platefuls of food, eating them, then loading up two more enormous plates to go? Gross. Letting your kids stand at the juice fountain to drink cup after cup? Gross. Making 10 waffles in a row, half to go? Rude. Despite the nice seating and comfortable lobby, we were outta there pretty quickly. Again, I can't hold RI accountable for the tasteless behavior of their guests, but we didn't see any breakfast staff around at all, which is pretty unusual. Maybe if they'd been around the tacky behaviors might have ebbed a bit; maybe not. Would I stay there again? Sure. It's clean, convenient, and overall our stay was fine. Can't hold hotel staff responsible for seriously bad guest behavior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the NEW Residence Inn Dayton North! Conveniently located at the Crossroads of America near I-70/I-75, you’ll discover Dayton and so much more. Our extended stay accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, large work area, & separate living/sleeping areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Residence Inn Dayton North Ohio