The only staff member I can give any kudos to is the lady that runs the breakfast. She is a joy. She did a fantastic job of keeping everything clean and fresh while greeting everyone and making them feel at home. That isn't enough encourage me to ever stay there again. I am a government employee and travel to Dayton frequently. This will be my first and last stay at this Residence Inn.
I always turn my hotel room lights off when I leave and most days when I returned there were several lights left on by the cleaning staff. The cleaning left a lot to be desired. One day I even returned to a pile of trash in the toilet and realized that they had dumped the bathroom trash into the toilet and had forgotten to flush. The cleanliness of the room varied by day and had me worried about the last time an actual vacuum had seen the room.
When I examined the bill slipped under the door I realized that they had charged me the wrong rate. When I approached the staff at the desk I was told that it was because my room had a fireplace. When I booked my rooms online I selected a special rate. I assumed that since I had selected government rate then I would only be shown rooms available at that rate which has always been the case with searches on the Marriott web site. When I complained about the rate to the front desk staff they just said that they could search the web site and show the same rate. The tone of the staff was accusing and not at all conciliatory. I used to run a business and have an MBA and can tell you that the front desk staff needs a considerable amount of training in customer service.
The walls and floors are way too thin. I was reminded of cheap motels my dad would use when I was a kid (can't blame him - there were 8 of us). I could hear every alarm clock going off in rooms beside, above and below. I could even tell when people were brushing their teeth by the sounds.
Overall this was the worst experience I have ever had in a Residence Inn. I’ve stayed in at least six different Residence Inns in the last three or four years. The Residence Inn brand image is permanently stained in my mind. I haven’t given up yet (except for this location) but will be much more cautious in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the NEW Residence Inn Dayton North! Conveniently located at the Crossroads of America near I-70/I-75, you’ll discover Dayton and so much more. Our extended stay accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, large work area, & separate living/sleeping areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Residence Inn Dayton North Ohio