“Keep Looking” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 45 hotels in Dayton
Georgia
“Keep Looking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The only staff member I can give any kudos to is the lady that runs the breakfast. She is a joy. She did a fantastic job of keeping everything clean and fresh while greeting everyone and making them feel at home. That isn't enough encourage me to ever stay there again. I am a government employee and travel to Dayton frequently. This will be my first and last stay at this Residence Inn.

I always turn my hotel room lights off when I leave and most days when I returned there were several lights left on by the cleaning staff. The cleaning left a lot to be desired. One day I even returned to a pile of trash in the toilet and realized that they had dumped the bathroom trash into the toilet and had forgotten to flush. The cleanliness of the room varied by day and had me worried about the last time an actual vacuum had seen the room.

When I examined the bill slipped under the door I realized that they had charged me the wrong rate. When I approached the staff at the desk I was told that it was because my room had a fireplace. When I booked my rooms online I selected a special rate. I assumed that since I had selected government rate then I would only be shown rooms available at that rate which has always been the case with searches on the Marriott web site. When I complained about the rate to the front desk staff they just said that they could search the web site and show the same rate. The tone of the staff was accusing and not at all conciliatory. I used to run a business and have an MBA and can tell you that the front desk staff needs a considerable amount of training in customer service.

The walls and floors are way too thin. I was reminded of cheap motels my dad would use when I was a kid (can't blame him - there were 8 of us). I could hear every alarm clock going off in rooms beside, above and below. I could even tell when people were brushing their teeth by the sounds.

Overall this was the worst experience I have ever had in a Residence Inn. I’ve stayed in at least six different Residence Inns in the last three or four years. The Residence Inn brand image is permanently stained in my mind. I haven’t given up yet (except for this location) but will be much more cautious in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for writing a review. I am so sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues that you experienced. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and I am addressing it with the housekeeping supervisor.

I researched your reservation and see that you had booked a One Bedroom Fireplace Suite at a discounted government rate of $92.00. The normal rate of that room type is $139.99, so you had a savings of $47.99 per night. I apologize if there was any confusion on the rate.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Dayton area.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portland, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor before booking this hotel. The reviews were right, this is one of those updated Residence Inns and the room was clean. The bathroom was spotless. Wireless was great - had my iPhone on their wireless the whole stay with no issue. The breakfast eggs were a little better than average for a Residence Inn. I also liked their potatoes hash.

The staff had that midwestern hospitality flowing - I got friendly & loud good mornings from the staff. Checkin took like a minute and I was off to my 2nd floor room. Several of my business associates stayed here at the same time and everyone was pleased with the rooms.

I may have to travel here again. If I do, I will stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I am so glad to hear that you and your associates enjoyed your stay. I am glad that we were able to provide you with our midwestern hospitality. We look forward to being your "Home Away from Home" the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We flew in late into Dayton and need a place for the night. The hotel was very close and convenient to the Dayton Airport. The hotel was clean, new and bright. It is conveniently located off 75 with food and shopping in walking distance. We would stay there again when in Dayton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I looking forward to providing you a "Home Away from Home" the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed here 3 other times. Always a good experience. Very clean, great furnishings, excellent breakfast buffet. Our only issues are that there are no adult only hours for the pool and it is constantly full of screaming children, and no weekend newspapers. Otherwise, a great place to stay with very friendly staff (other than the front desk person on Saturday!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you are a repeat guest. I certainly do appreciate your business. I understand your concerns about the pool hours. Next time you are here, just ask the Guest Service Agent to allow extra time in the pool and we will be glad to accomodate.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Reception was nice and easy. Offered a great place for dinner, lived up to her recommendation. My only wish is for an adults only hotel. Using the pool area, was filled with screaming children, hot tub also filled with kids. Come on Marriott, why not adults only lodging especially for the bigger cities? I bet it would be filled constantly.

Room Tip: Can recommend the King corner suite with fireplace...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience at the pool. I understand how frustrating it can be when the pool is filled with a lot of children. We will be looking into adding an extra hour the pool hours just for adults.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great amenities in this location. Pool, basketball court and fitness area were all well maintained. Great breakfast which we where able to take back to our room. I would definitely stay here again. We forgot our toothbrushes and were able to get some free of charge in the reception area. Our key cards had to be reset a few times. Overall the room are great and spacious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us over the Thanksgiving holiday. We appreciate your business and feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Yours in Hospitality,
Billerica, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Newer hotel, great amenities in suite: fridge, microwave, plenty of accessible outlets for laptops, phone chargers, etc. Decent selection for complimentary breakfast. Convenient to local restaurants. Minutes from airport, yet never heard a jet. Good value for a great room

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Yours in Hospitality,
Travis Weller

Been to Residence Inn Dayton North? Share your experiences!