“Good value for a great room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Good value for a great room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Newer hotel, great amenities in suite: fridge, microwave, plenty of accessible outlets for laptops, phone chargers, etc. Decent selection for complimentary breakfast. Convenient to local restaurants. Minutes from airport, yet never heard a jet. Good value for a great room

• Stayed November 2012
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Travis Weller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Not a terrible weekend visit at this hotel, but nothing that would really inspire me to return. Had to wait for a clerk on arrival as others have mentioned. No upgrade, no mention of a Platinum arrival gift. Got a low floor as requested, but it was across from a housekeepers' storage room and their door slammed a lot. Lots of noise from the other guests, even with my bedroom door closed. No local newspapers on the weekend. Housekeeping, both inside and outside of the building, could use some improvement. I got an email from the manager after I was back home asking about my experience and gave detailed feedback, but no response after a couple of days. The location was good for me, but I would probably try another property if I visit again. There were several hotels on the same street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I truly believe that guest feedback is the best way we can improve our services. I am so sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced. I will be reviewing your comments with my staff and will use them as a learning tool.

petperson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was north of Dayton and after a long drive south I didn't want to drive any further. I had never stayed at a Residence Inn although I have stayed at many other Marriott brand hotels. This place is perfect. It was spotlessly clean and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful beyond the basic polite service. Thanks for the envelope and free stamp!
Room was so large and comfortable...the bed was sublime. Breakfast was delicious and filling. Eggs, bagels cereal, free drinks all day. The location was near plenty of shopping and dining. Why stay anywhere else? I will definitely be back when in the area.
Thanks! After a long day of driving you provided just exactly what I needed.

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor...so peaceful and restful.. Didn't hear a sound all night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback about your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This property is beautiful. Check-in/check-out was a breeze. Proper charges, got the room we booked, exactly. The 2-bedroom suite is extremely roomy and beautifully decorated. It feels like home, just like all other RI properties we've enjoyed. It's a very clean property. The master bedroom has a king bed. The second bedroom has a queen. Each bedroom has a bathroom, which is extremely convenient with traveling with family or friends. The A/C control sets the entire suite, including both bedrooms. There are no separate thermostats in the bedrooms. The suite has a full kitchen, including an oven. There is a full set of pots & pans, silverware, plates, mugs, glasses. However, if you intend to use the oven, you must bring your own bake ware. There is not anything in the room to use for baking or warming in the oven.

The breakfast is standard RI fare and was very good. The breakfast hostess was very capable and friendly.

Some things to keep in mind about service: Some of this experience, I'm sure, is unique to my stay. Some is due to the franchisee’s policy. Before writing this review I spoke the General Manager, Travis, to understand/resolve/discuss/offer suggestions to avoid these situations for future guests.

1. On two occasions I went to the desk and had to wait to be discovered on camera by someone in the office who glanced up, eventually.
*I suggested that I understand it wouldn't be the best idea to have someone simply stand up front all night to be available for guests; but that, maybe a bell of some sort or some type of alert sound could be put in place to alert the desk clerk.
**"I'm sorry" was the only response I got. No, "I'll look into it", "thank you for your suggestion, that could work"...nothing.

2. Before our stay I read reviews that suggested, for various reasons, that this location must be run/owned by "bean counters". I was, for the first time after staying at many RI properties, told by the front desk clerk upon my request for a stick of deodarent, that they have toiletries available; but each item would be at a charge of $2+. These are trial size sticks! The desk clerk did offer me a disposable razor free of charge. Keep in mind. This is a $180 per night room.
*After verifying with Travis, I got the explanation that they charged for these items, even toothpaste, because they are "offered in our Market Store". That's fine. It's a franchisee's prerogative. I suggested that I had read the reviews and the general idea of some is that the hotel is run by “bean counters” and that this might be part of the reason why there is such a perception. Also, The dish soap was not the normal rich "Palmolive" brand that I had become accustomed to at RI. It was an off-brand that seemed more like water and didn't really work well. I fear this is an effort to cut cost here.

**Travis simply restated his original thought. He never empathized, offered to bring the information to the owner or any other type of solution to the situation.

3. After discovering there was not even a cookie sheet in the room to use in the oven (I had pizza I wanted to warm and other foods to cook), I called the front desk. The desk clerk was very polite and suggested that I come down and that she had a cookie sheet if that would work for me. I was thrilled with the cheerful offer of help and that something was actually available.
Once I got to the desk, I waited to be seen on the camera, after which she pointed to the end of the desk. I was shock to find a USED COOKIE SHEET, FULL OF CRUMBS, LYING ON THE DESK. I’m sure the shocked look showed on my face because she said, “I’m sorry. That’s the one I used for cookies”. I would have thought that she might have gone into the kitchen area to wash it before offering it to the guest. I would have been more than happy to realize that this was why no one was at the front desk when I went down instead of waiting for her to come out from the office and offer me a dirty cookie sheet.
*I didn’t mention this to Travis because the general feel I got from him was one of indifference toward solutions.
I gave this hotel a "very good" rating only because of the suite itself. Right now it's new and pretty much stands on its' own. If given the opportunity to stay here at full price again, I would not. The level of service offered does not warrant such a price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I feel that feedback from our guests is truly the best way that we can improve our services. I am truly sorry for the issues that you experience and I am grateful that you brought them to my attention. I will be reviewing this with my team and use it as a learning experience. I also want to apologize for my lack of empathy. That certainly was not my intention and I was taking note of everything that you were telling me in our conversation.

Again, thank you for the feedback. I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Dayton area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed midweek for one night in a one bedroom suite. Everything in the room was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable, and there wasn't a lot of noise. I'd definitely go back. I didn't eat there so no comment about the food.

Room Tip: I was in room 401 well away from the elevators on the outside of the building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to taking care of you the next time your are in the Dayton area.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Let’s start at the reception desk, where the receptionist was very polite and professional. Riding the elevator to the 3rd floor, I step out and all I smell are spring flowers. I can’t tell you how nice that is, it just washes the day’s troubles right away. Entering the room (a studio) is classic residence inn. The room is very clean and at just right temperature.
Room for improvement? This is for all Residence Inn’s in general, they could bring their daily prices down $20 or $30.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Booked a room through the Marriott reservation number. We were driving from Florida with our family and after 14 hours of driving we picked this hotel because they had a large 2 room suite. Two hours later when we showed up tired and ready for bed they told us they didn't have our room. When I told them I have a confirmation number they said those rooms are not available. When I asked why she gave me some vague answer as to being "not ready". I asked why the 800 Marriott reservation center didn't know this she said there is no way for them to let them know these rooms are not available. We settled for a smaller room but with a large family this was less than ideal. Had we known I would have booked another hotel in the area. On top of that the breakfast food was terrible. I won't ever stay at a Residence Inn again if I have no confidence that when I book a specific type of room I won't get it.

Room Tip: Don't book through 800 number you may not get what you want.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review and letting us know how your stay was. I am so sorry to hear that we were unable to honor your reservation for a two bedroom suite. As I mentioned in a previous email to you, I am not exactly sure what happened with the reservation, however we should have made a better attempt to accomodate you. I have brought your comments to the attention of my front desk staff and will be using this as a training opportunity. Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Dayton area.
Travis Weller

Been to Residence Inn Dayton North? Share your experiences!