“Another GREAT Choice off of Miller Lane” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Dayton
Livonia, Michigan
“Another GREAT Choice off of Miller Lane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I traveled to Dayton once again recently for a friends funeral. Unable to get a room at my favorite hotel (please see my Drury Inn review), I chose this hotel. Upon arrival there is a very clean atmosphere that would beg one to wonder if they walked into a hotel or a resort. Check in was fast and simple and within 5 minutes I was in my room. I walked into their "studio" suite. I was greeted to a clean room, and as you walk in there is a full fridge, small electric range and even a dishwasher WITH a small amount of dishes and pans included.

Walking further into the room was a LARGE workstation, a small loveseat, a very large bed and the TV perched in a very good corner. The bathroom was also spacious with an extra storage closet. If you are planning a 3+ day stay this location IS A MUST. Wal-Mart is just a few doors down and it would save you a lot of money from going to the various fast food and casual dining eateries.

Room Tip: Any room seems to be a good choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your five star review! We hope to be your first choice when traveling to our area. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Carpentersville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Wow is all I can say. Super nice and cheaper than other hotels of its kind. Has everything you could ask for. Looks very modern and chic. Location is great. View is not that great but everything is. Location is close to all dining and Wal-Mart.

• Stayed November 2012
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for the five star review! I shared this comment with our staff at our morning meeting and you definitely made our day. We are so flattered have all made a promise to live up to this high "luxury" standard for every guest. We look forward to your next stay!
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel twice - both on our way to visit friends in Missouri and on our way back. We enjoyed both the king studio, and the two bedroom suite (as a complimentary upgrade). The 2 bedroom was too large for just the 2 of us, but would be fantastic if we were travelling with another couple. We usually stay at Marriott hotels, but have never stayed at TownePlace Suites before. The price was an exceptional value, and the kitchen & living room appointments were very nice, especially for more than an overnight stay. Driving to the various tourist sites was very easy and straightforward. What was really nice about this location is its proximity to many restaurants; the hotel was surrounded by a campus of brand name chains. After spending a day touring Dayton, it was nice to not have to search for a place to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your five star review of our property. We are always excited to see guests return, and our staff loves to hear about positive reviews. We look forward to your next stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed two nights in the king studio suite. It has a full kitchen, ample closet space and more storage than you will ever need. The room was clean and well appointed. We will certainly stay here again when visiting Dayton. Check in was the quickest I have ever experienced. Every chain restaurant you could think of is within a half mile, in addition to a Walmart which we used to buy snacks and supplies for our college student. If you can't stay at either of the two Marriott properties adjacent to Univ. Of Dayton, this is a great alternative.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for the glowing review. We are delighted as well that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to providing excellent service on your next trip to the Dayton area!

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Reasonable drive to Wright Patterson Museum. Located along interstate in a strip with numerous hotels and chain eateries. Convenient to airport.
Room had full kitchen, was large and clean. Staff friendly and helpful.
The low point redemption level, which we used, was great too.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our goal is to be number one, and your feedback is invaluable in reaching that goal! We hope to take your stay from good to excellent on your next trip to Dayton.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was all friendly and helpful. Justin at the front desk was very resourceful in helping to solve a problem. Amber the manager is delightful. Cracker Barrel is just across the parking lot. What more can I say?

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the five star review! It "delight" having you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Sincerely.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went to the Dayton area for business and stayed at this hotel since it was near where I was working. We received an additional discount because the hotel has a deal with the company where we were working.

When I checked in, I asked for direction to the office where I would be working and the airport to pick up colleagues. The front desk receptionist had the information to me that evening.

The room was very decorated nice and appeared very contemporary. My desk chair was broken when I arrived; however, it was replaced quickly and brough up to me. In terms of size, the room felt slightly cramped (smaller than a Springhill Suite Room) though they were able to fit a galley kitchen and a spacious bathroom in there. My room on the backside of the hotel overlooked a day care (I kept the blinds closed throughout the stay). I was also surprised to see the hotel switch over to Paul Mitchell hair products (supposedly this recently occurred.

The morning breakfast was typical (waffle, cereals, breads) but sufficient (no complaints). The staff also grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on Wednesday evening. Nothing fancy or like the receptions at a Residence Inn, but I appreciated the effort. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. When we asked about a restaurant recommended by someone at the office, the front desk person explained it was closed (and told us why). Further, on the last day, I was able to get an extended checkout.

The other nice thing about this location is that there are a lot of options for restaurants, lots of chain restaurants (I recommend a local restaurant: Shen's Szechuan & Sushi - see review for it).

Overall, for the price, the TownePlace delivered exceptional value for my stay. I would consider it if I'm back in Dayton.

Room Tip: Avoid the back side of the hotel, as it overlooks a day care center. I'd rather overlook the pa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business