“Nothing bad to say” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nothing bad to say”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Reasonable drive to Wright Patterson Museum. Located along interstate in a strip with numerous hotels and chain eateries. Convenient to airport.
Room had full kitchen, was large and clean. Staff friendly and helpful.
The low point redemption level, which we used, was great too.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our goal is to be number one, and your feedback is invaluable in reaching that goal! We hope to take your stay from good to excellent on your next trip to Dayton.

Amber Franklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was all friendly and helpful. Justin at the front desk was very resourceful in helping to solve a problem. Amber the manager is delightful. Cracker Barrel is just across the parking lot. What more can I say?

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the five star review! It "delight" having you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Sincerely.

Amber Franklin
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went to the Dayton area for business and stayed at this hotel since it was near where I was working. We received an additional discount because the hotel has a deal with the company where we were working.

When I checked in, I asked for direction to the office where I would be working and the airport to pick up colleagues. The front desk receptionist had the information to me that evening.

The room was very decorated nice and appeared very contemporary. My desk chair was broken when I arrived; however, it was replaced quickly and brough up to me. In terms of size, the room felt slightly cramped (smaller than a Springhill Suite Room) though they were able to fit a galley kitchen and a spacious bathroom in there. My room on the backside of the hotel overlooked a day care (I kept the blinds closed throughout the stay). I was also surprised to see the hotel switch over to Paul Mitchell hair products (supposedly this recently occurred.

The morning breakfast was typical (waffle, cereals, breads) but sufficient (no complaints). The staff also grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on Wednesday evening. Nothing fancy or like the receptions at a Residence Inn, but I appreciated the effort. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. When we asked about a restaurant recommended by someone at the office, the front desk person explained it was closed (and told us why). Further, on the last day, I was able to get an extended checkout.

The other nice thing about this location is that there are a lot of options for restaurants, lots of chain restaurants (I recommend a local restaurant: Shen's Szechuan & Sushi - see review for it).

Overall, for the price, the TownePlace delivered exceptional value for my stay. I would consider it if I'm back in Dayton.

Room Tip: Avoid the back side of the hotel, as it overlooks a day care center. I'd rather overlook the pa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Called at the last minute for price quote and then reservation. Checked into a two bedroom suite and the front desk staff took off an additional ten dollars off from the quote. Very accommodating staff.
Informed us upon check in that pizza was was being catered in for the quest. The next evening they cooked burgers and dogs. I can not say enough how pleasant was our stay. i would highly recommend this hotel. Great stay.

Room Tip: Located near a large selection of dining establishments.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have been very loyal to this marriot brand for about 6 years and have stayed at many towne suites locations. This was branch continues to be a pain for me. I have a family of 5( three kids and a wife) we flew back to Dayton, oh on a red eye flight from Seattle. I called this hotel and asked for a early check in of 1100 am .when we arrived to the hotel with cranky tired children at 1130am my room was not ready which I was ok with and understood. I was told the room would be ready in 30 min. After an hour I called the hotel and my room was not ready yet. I didn't yell scream or complain I said ok and took my family to eat after eating and visiting family we went back to the hotel at 230 pm and the room was still not ready which was very upsetting at this point my room was not ready until 330 pm. At the check in counter there is a sign that reads basically they Are going to put a 200 dollar charge on your cc or debit card.i agreed with it and gave them my debit card. Upon returning home I noticed the pending charge from them went thourgh and was now 286.00 when I called about this the young man told me he couldn't do anything about it but his General manager amber on first shift would be given the info and to call her in the morning I called the next dAy and she informed me she was fixing the problem. It has been almost two months since my stay I have called here on three seperate time over this issue she has not call me back nor fixed the problem. I have called the corpate office over this and still it has not been properly fixed

• Stayed May 2012
Brewster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This stay was a quick change from the other Marriott nearby, the Fairfield. The other property was a low level motel looking facility very close to the main road.
They took us without hesitation and made us feel very welcome.
This was a very pleasant 3 day stay. The front desk assistant, Rachel, took very good care of us the entire stay. She even went out of her way to help with printing of boarding passes for our whole family. The cleaning staf was exceptionally helpful with local recommendations for things to do and sites to see. Ohio folks are very friendly (especially since we were coming from NY !)
The location is perfect with many local restaurants nearby and the room was very clean and suitable for our needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a clean comfortable place to stay at a great price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ravenswood, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

After last year's horror story at a budget-rate hotel up the street, I opted to pay a little more for a room for this year's trip to Dayton. I am so glad that I did. Stayed one night in a two-bedroom suite which was held for late arrival. Experienced absolutely no problems! The room was modern and super-clean. Bathroom was quite large. The shower didn't put out enough water for my liking, but that is to be expected in this age of conservation. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Everyone that I encountered on staff was friendly and very professional. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township? Share your experiences!