“Surprisingly nice, even for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Buffalo, New York
“Surprisingly nice, even for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went to the Dayton area for business and stayed at this hotel since it was near where I was working. We received an additional discount because the hotel has a deal with the company where we were working.

When I checked in, I asked for direction to the office where I would be working and the airport to pick up colleagues. The front desk receptionist had the information to me that evening.

The room was very decorated nice and appeared very contemporary. My desk chair was broken when I arrived; however, it was replaced quickly and brough up to me. In terms of size, the room felt slightly cramped (smaller than a Springhill Suite Room) though they were able to fit a galley kitchen and a spacious bathroom in there. My room on the backside of the hotel overlooked a day care (I kept the blinds closed throughout the stay). I was also surprised to see the hotel switch over to Paul Mitchell hair products (supposedly this recently occurred.

The morning breakfast was typical (waffle, cereals, breads) but sufficient (no complaints). The staff also grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on Wednesday evening. Nothing fancy or like the receptions at a Residence Inn, but I appreciated the effort. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. When we asked about a restaurant recommended by someone at the office, the front desk person explained it was closed (and told us why). Further, on the last day, I was able to get an extended checkout.

The other nice thing about this location is that there are a lot of options for restaurants, lots of chain restaurants (I recommend a local restaurant: Shen's Szechuan & Sushi - see review for it).

Overall, for the price, the TownePlace delivered exceptional value for my stay. I would consider it if I'm back in Dayton.

Room Tip: Avoid the back side of the hotel, as it overlooks a day care center. I'd rather overlook the pa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Called at the last minute for price quote and then reservation. Checked into a two bedroom suite and the front desk staff took off an additional ten dollars off from the quote. Very accommodating staff.
Informed us upon check in that pizza was was being catered in for the quest. The next evening they cooked burgers and dogs. I can not say enough how pleasant was our stay. i would highly recommend this hotel. Great stay.

Room Tip: Located near a large selection of dining establishments.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I have been very loyal to this marriot brand for about 6 years and have stayed at many towne suites locations. This was branch continues to be a pain for me. I have a family of 5( three kids and a wife) we flew back to Dayton, oh on a red eye flight from Seattle. I called this hotel and asked for a early check in of 1100 am .when we arrived to the hotel with cranky tired children at 1130am my room was not ready which I was ok with and understood. I was told the room would be ready in 30 min. After an hour I called the hotel and my room was not ready yet. I didn't yell scream or complain I said ok and took my family to eat after eating and visiting family we went back to the hotel at 230 pm and the room was still not ready which was very upsetting at this point my room was not ready until 330 pm. At the check in counter there is a sign that reads basically they Are going to put a 200 dollar charge on your cc or debit card.i agreed with it and gave them my debit card. Upon returning home I noticed the pending charge from them went thourgh and was now 286.00 when I called about this the young man told me he couldn't do anything about it but his General manager amber on first shift would be given the info and to call her in the morning I called the next dAy and she informed me she was fixing the problem. It has been almost two months since my stay I have called here on three seperate time over this issue she has not call me back nor fixed the problem. I have called the corpate office over this and still it has not been properly fixed

• Stayed May 2012
Brewster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This stay was a quick change from the other Marriott nearby, the Fairfield. The other property was a low level motel looking facility very close to the main road.
They took us without hesitation and made us feel very welcome.
This was a very pleasant 3 day stay. The front desk assistant, Rachel, took very good care of us the entire stay. She even went out of her way to help with printing of boarding passes for our whole family. The cleaning staf was exceptionally helpful with local recommendations for things to do and sites to see. Ohio folks are very friendly (especially since we were coming from NY !)
The location is perfect with many local restaurants nearby and the room was very clean and suitable for our needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a clean comfortable place to stay at a great price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ravenswood, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

After last year's horror story at a budget-rate hotel up the street, I opted to pay a little more for a room for this year's trip to Dayton. I am so glad that I did. Stayed one night in a two-bedroom suite which was held for late arrival. Experienced absolutely no problems! The room was modern and super-clean. Bathroom was quite large. The shower didn't put out enough water for my liking, but that is to be expected in this age of conservation. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Everyone that I encountered on staff was friendly and very professional. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Recently stated at the Towne Place Suites. I'm in Dayton every May for a convention and in recent years have been staying along Miller Ln which has a number of hotels and restaurants to choose from. The Towne Place suites sounded like a good place being its location further away from the interstate highway.

Arrived late to find that my reservation, which was initially guaranteed when I had made it months ago, was only a 6PM hold. I usually call the hotel if my arrival is going to be past 6PM even if guaranteed - not doing so this time was a bad move on my part. Luckily they had one room left and offered that to us. Unfortunately it only had one bed - we needed two. It did have a pull-out sofa bed which sufficed but wasn't as comfortable. As a consolation they did reduce the rate. The problem with the reservation came about when I tried to cut it short by one day. I was not able to do it on-line and when calling the 800 number they were not able to as well. The 800 service center called the hotel who cancelled the last night of our stay and kept the same rate. When that was done for some reason the guarantee was lost.

The Town Place suites used to provide only weekly maid service has now upgraded to daily room cleaning. The rooms have a small kitchen setup. Breakfast as typical with most of the lower end Marriott properties was also served. We were supposed to have a two bedroom suite - not sure what that would have looked like. What we ended up with was more like a small hotel room (with the kitchen area added). It was also a handicap room with a poorly designed shower setup which ended up with water all over the bathroom floor. We had to keep the bathroom door closed because there was a bit of a smell of sewer gas possibly coming from the drain in the floor of the bathroom.

Although the place was booked - including a lot of extended stay people clearly not involved with the convention - it was quite quiet. Will probably consider this location again next year - it is cheaper than the Courtyard and quieter than any of the hotels along the interstate.

Room Tip: don't get a handicap room - suggest upper floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Mansfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed 1 night. Clean and modern. Loved the layout of the room, especially the cubbies above the desk and the table that pulled out from the desk. We only stayed one night and did not use the kitchen, but the pull out table would be a great place for two to eat instead of the usual crowding around the desk. Couch in room too. Comfortable, clean bedding. Breakfast didn't have a ton - truly continental - but better than nothing. Had small exercise room with a couple of treadmills and eliptical. Bring your earphones and you can listen to the TV on deck. On the go pantry was convenient place to grab some morning snacks for the road. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township? Share your experiences!