“Stay if you choose” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Washington, D.C.
“Stay if you choose”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I will have to say, I used the reviews from this website to sway me from cancelling my reservations at RESIDENCE INN to try this place. Needless to say, it is a "you get what you pay for" establishment. It wasn't a bad stay, it just wasn't what I was used to as in feeling 'at home'. The hotel is very dated, and needs an upgrade all around. I think if that happened, 'my' review would probably have been better. Again, if you are going and are used to an average sleeping room, then by all means, this is where you should go, however, if you are used to a feeling of 'at home', then maybe you need to look elsewhere, and pay a bit more for that feeling.

Also, I will be contacting the establishment, as I had a discount that DID NOT take off once my card for charged, so I will expect that experience to be painless.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I wanted to make sure you received the $11.30 refund back on your credit card that was posted at check out, if not please give us a call back. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great staff and Nice rooms. I stayed in the one and only 1 bed room apartment. Not sure how the other rooms are. Try to get the apartment. The Breakfast is a little silly, but you can make you own in your kitchen. The coffee is great in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It was so nice to hear from you. Thank you for this kind review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to being your 'home away from home' for the next visit.
Port Elgin Ot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the positive reviews in Tripadvisor. Just wanted to confirm, it lived up to the positive opinions... The counter person was extremely helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. Overall, well worth the money, will be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for your kind words in your review. We are so glad you chose us and took the time to tell others about your experience!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed here thrice and found it pretty comfortable and contented during each stay. This is right next to the Dayton Mall and has pretty good dining options within a radius of 0.5 mile. Location wise, it was pretty short commute to my office on the Innovation Drive.

I got a pretty good deal and I would recommend this as it pretty much worth the price for a hotel with Kitchen with ample parking space. Lissy was outstanding at the frontdesk. She was pretty receptive and accommodative on my requests.

House cleaning staff made sure I had no complaints whatsoever as far as cleanliness is concerned.

Room Tip: Rooms on the firstfloor on the backside are relatively quieter. Since there is parking space on the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I want to give you my personal thanks for giving us a good review. Im am so glad that we have made a lasting impression on you and you will continue to stay here with us at Dayton South. Please let me know next time you are in town, as always we love to have you here.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My stay here at Extended stay was great. The staff was very helpful and kind. The room and facility itself was clean and comfortable better then any hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff went out of there way to make sure I had everything I needed. I would highly recommend this Extended Stay.

Robin

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I want to personally thank you for giving us a review on Trip Advisor. I know your super busy and I just want you to know that we appreciate it! You were here for quite some time so Im glad because it sounds like we made a great lasting impression on you. Thanks also for recommending us to others! Please let us know next time you are in town we would love to have you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel has everything you need plus the staff is very accomodating. Misty and Brad really go out of their way to exceed your expectations. I have stayed at this hotel for an extended period of time and was initially surprised at how clean and comfortable the rooms were. A new sleeper couch, new bedding, and a full-size kitchen have made my stay enjoyable. Also, the hotel is very safe with adequate lighting and secure entrances. There are also many restaurants and stores within walking distance to the hotel. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dawn, thank you so much for giving us a glowing review! We really appreciate it. We are so glad your family decided to stay with us, and I'm happy to hear we made a home away from home for you all. As always please let us know if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

If you need a kitchen and you don't want to spend a ton of money, this might be right for you. My husband and I were in town for 11 nights recently and after quite an on-line exploration, chose this location. We ended up changing our original reservation to the "deluxe" which has the queen sized bed (which was pretty hard!) in its own part of the space, allowing for a living room type of arrangement as well - nice to come home to after intense work days). Great to have full kitchen, altho just very basically equipped. We brought our own coffee and had to buy those junior coffee filters - and salt and pepper! - at Target the first morning.
There was little need to interact with staff but when we did they were pleasant and helpful.
We REALLY appreciated the fact that it was not sitting right on the main road, but yet was extremely accessible. Its location to the south of city Dayton was actually good because it gave us a chance to see a lot more of the surrounding areas and yet was still only a few minutes drive.
You probably need to note they provide no toiletries, room is not cleaned but once a week (can pay small fee for additional cleaning), and you can exchange linen/towels for fresh any time you wish.
Many, many - mostly chain - restaurants nearby, as well as the expansive Dayton Mall - all within walking distance if you choose. We particularly enjoyed the locally-owned Amar Indian restaurant (delicious), just a hop away, and there was even a Starbuck's "right there".
All in all, this Extended Stay met our needs very well. We appreciated returning to our "home-away-from-home" every night.

• Stayed November 2012
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - South, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We are so glad you gave us a review, it is greatly appreciated. I just wanted to let you know for your future stays that we do provide most toiletries for your connivance at the front desk. I apologize that we didn't inform you of this upon check in. Again thanks for your review and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - South? Share your experiences!