“Awesome Location” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 46 hotels in Dayton
“Awesome Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here or a week. The rooms are quiet at night , kept up to date, and the staff was great. You have a choice of hitting the street and checking out restraints of every kind, with in a block or two. If you don't want to travel the roof top restaurant is good, but a bit pricy. If I get another great deal from an online booking site I'm staying here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear John B,

I would like to thank you for sharing the experience you had while at the Crowne Plaza Dayton. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all parts of your stay. I am happy to share with you that our restaurant menu has been updated just this week. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Stanwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Crowne Plaza in Dayton, OH is in a pretty convenient location, and within walking distance of the Oregon District (cute shops and restaurants). The hotel itself is an older property, but they have made some nice renovations. The staff is friendly and helpful. The Stars Restaurant and Lounge, at roof level, has a great view of the city. The food is average. The only real complaint that I have about this property is the loud air conditioning units in the rooms. Granted, I was very grateful to have air conditioning at all during a long stint of high 90 degree temperatures, but I would recommend that you get a pair of complimentary earplugs from the front desk when you check-in. Otherwise, this hotel is a very good choice in the downtown area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying the renovations. Our staff has worked hard to ensure that the Crowne Plaza is the place to stay during a trip into the downtown area. Our chef is putting together a great new menu; we hope that during your next trip into Dayton you will be able to try it out. Thank you again for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza, we look forwarding to seeing you soon.

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is finishing a renovation. The new guest rooms are very comfortable. Bathrooms are tiny but that is what you get with an older hotel. Staff at rooftop bar are great.
Housekeeping management needs to change. Guest was moved from one suite (still being renovated) to another whose carpet was not worn from too much vacuuming. Housekeepers in my room did not deliver soap, shampoo, etc. Unacceptable. Banquet rooms never saw a vacuum either. Window treatments were missing; thus the sun was blinding guests attending meetings - and staff had no plan how to remedy. Back-of-house banquet / kitchen staff were rude. Banquet staff serving the meetings were absolutely charming.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear SamanthasDad,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience; it is our guests' reviews that allows us to continue to grow. I would like to apologize that you had to experience any inconveniences while you were staying with us. The hotel is wrapping up a renovation and there are a few details that we are still tying up. However, I am pleased to hear that the service staff was able to accomodate your needs, thank you for those kinds words. It was a pleasure to host your group while you were in Dayton. We hope for the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the hotel.

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very helpful. Our fridge quit and I called at 10:30 at night and a working one was delivered promptly. We needed extra towels, again promptly brought to our room. That kind of service doesn't happen at many hotels.
The room was nicely decorated and the beds comfortable.
Overall a refreshing stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Davesgrl,

Thank you so much for the kind words and the recognition to the staff. Crowne Plaza is a place to go to feel refreshed and ready for your day. I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide this for you. We hope that the next time you are in the Dayton area we can welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was at this location a couple months ago when I came home to visit my family. Again, I made another trip back and decided to stay at this location again. Let me say right away I'm giving the overall rating a 4 but it was almost a 3.

Honestly, the place is probably the best place in Dayton to stay these days. If you want to stay in downtown it's really the ONLY choice. Don't even consider The Dayton Grand Hotel...it's TOTAL trash ever since Doubletree sold it off.

As for my stay this time around, it was all pretty much the same as the last time...okay, clean enough and more than comfortable. However, the housekeeping staff is REALLY, REALLY bad and REALLY lazy!! I experienced this same issue the last time. The second day of my stay the housekeeper zipped through while I was out and did the minimum she had to do to check me off. Towels were left and that's about it. She did empty the trash and left some coffee supplies. The bed was horribly made and it didn't like like any care was really given. Then on the third day of my stay I requested my room be made up a little early because I wasn't feeling well. The front desk staff was great and said they'd have someone right up. So I disappeared for 3 hours to have a meal with a friend. When I got back...the room was still a mess and there were no housekeeping staff anywhere on the floor. I had plans later in the day for dinner so I left at 3:30 and ask again that my room be made up. When I returned at 7PM, the room had been entered but the attached pictures shows the lack of attention. Nothing major but you can tell the attitude I received was "I don't have time for you as a guest so I'm just gonna try to get away with basically doing nothing". You'll notice the bed looked like crap, the pillows were just thrown over on the chair (I didn't do that). The coffee supplies were forgotten and I had ONE glass left from my 3 day stay. The day prior she didn't leave me any clean glasses either. So sad that the little things mean a lot to me but they do as I tend to get a lot of use out of my rooms when I travel. So I called the front desk (who were amazingly friendly and helpful)...they immediately sent up the porter with new glasses and a nice supply of coffee for the evening and following morning. Again, doesn't seem like a big deal but those things are important to me. Mostly because of the message received from housekeeping with the frumpy room details. Pillows everywhere except where they're supposed to be, no supplies, dirty glasses. Really ticks me off.

Anyway, I'll have to really think long and hard if I'm going to keep staying here on my visits home. I think the next time I'll go over to The Marriott to see how things are going there these days, it's been a while since I've stayed there. I really had high hope for The Crowne Plaza but outside of the front desk staff, everyone else could care less.

Room Tip: Splurge for a club level room for the drinks and breakfast...nothing crazy but a nice feature.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear scottyhouston,

I want to thank you for your kind words. Our staff has worked very hard to be the peferred hotel in Dayton. I am sorry to hear that you experienced any inconviences during your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to ensure you that this was an unlikely circumstance, not the norm of the Crowne Plaza Dayton. Again, thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton, we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel during your next visit to your family.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Hotel is very nice clean, you can pull into the hotel to drop off and they do validated parking.
But for Dayton Ohio the price for the room was not great, if i did not have to go to Dayton i would have gone to sleep in the car.
Lets face it Dayton, Oh is not New York City so why do they charge $120 a night
Downton is dead nothing to do the location of the hotel is the hart of downtown next to the conv
but still the city is not active at all so i could not see why i had to pay so much

To all the reader the place is great but for the price you shuld fly to NY

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear 0CoolG,

Thank you so much for your review. Our hotel is located in the heart of the city; it is an ideal location for the Dayton traveler being so close to the convention center as well as the oregon district and just miles from the air force base and numerous shopping centers. We offer a competitive rate to the hotels in the Dayton area, and with our renovatin just complete we offer brand new accomodations. I am sorry to hear that you are not fond of Dayton or the surrounding area, but for the Dayton traveler we offer the best view of the city from our restaurant and a great location, so if you must travel to Downtown area we would love to welcome you with all we have to offer. If we can assist you further on anything that the city has to offer please contact us directly at 937.229.9835.

Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a sales conference and was more than pleased with the banquet rooms as well as the courtesy of the staff. We had a nice time at the bar/restaurant on the top floor, which was so nice people who lived locally were commenting on it being a nice place for a date. The quality of my room was very nice - new furniture and very clean. I'd highly recommend this hotel for both individual and group use. It's also very close to the Oregon District for those interested in staying somewhere close to several bars and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ryan M,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that your enjoyed your time at the Crowne Plaza. We have made extreme changes to both the banquet facilities and the restaurant and I am glad that our guests are enoying them. Should you visit the downtown area again, we hope that we can welcome you back as a guest at the Crowne Plaza.

Michael Larson

Been to Crowne Plaza Dayton? Share your experiences!