“Unfortunate Series of Events” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Dayton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The staff was friendly but the accommodations were terrible. The rooms were in strong need of repair, whether it was fixtures, the hair dryer, or the furniture. You would be wise to invest a few bucks more into your location. I could smell cigarette smoke wafting into my room through the cracks around the door that let a light breeze through.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hattersheim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Easy off, easy back on the Interstate, lots of restaurants closeby, very friendly and efficient staff and a clean room. What else to expect from a budget Motel?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Daksha P, General Manager at Days Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the great review. It is much appreciated and we hope to see you again!
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went through multiple rooms before I gave up. I had already cashed in Wyndham points, and it was too late at night to change. Room 129 was non-smoking and was sooty and dirty. Room 207 had a smoke detector that chirped because of the battery. Room 214 reeked of smoke so badly I couldn't enter the room. Room 208 smelled like cat urine. The room I'm in now has no running water in the shower. Stay away! Stay away! Stay away!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were put up for the nigh at the Days in Dayton and slept on top of the bedspread out of fear of bed bugs. Room had the worst godawful chemical smell. Tub was dirty, sink was dirty. Shoes stuck to the carpet. Stay at this place at your peril there is NO VALUE in this motel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My parents were kind enough to take my kids and I to the AF museum one weekend and booked this hotel for our overnight stay. My mom called them right before we got there and the woman that answered was very rude and couldn't find our reservation. She proceeded to carry on with 3 separate conversations without putting my mother on hold. When we arrived, my dad went in to check us in and she (the same woman I presume) still took about 20 minutes to check us in. We were given two rooms on the bottom floor that were separated by a room in the middle. We were told that we couldn't have the room in between because "it was in bad shape". After seeing the room I got, I am glad I didn't see the one that was what they considered to be in "bad shape". My room stunk. The beds were very poorly made, the bathrooms were filthy. There was hair in the bathtub and whisker shavings all over the bathroom counter. The washcloths were stained and the floors were terrible. I literally wouldn't allow my children to touch anything. There was still urine on the toilet seat. We immediately left to eat dinner and I requested a stop at Walmart to buy Lysol and antibacterial wipes. We got back to the room and I wiped down EVERYTHING. There were greasy hand prints all over the headboards which I cleaned and was disgusted to see what came off of them. GAG! Then when it was time to go to bed I pulled back the blankets and sure enough there were blood stains on the sheets. Needless to say, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I'm just grateful that we didn't come home with bed bugs. I can with confidence say that we left that room in MUCH cleaner shape than we found it. Actually, if they still haven't cleaned it, it is probably STILL in better shape than we found it. RUN THE OTHER DIRECTION! Quickly!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family