“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn South

Save Saved
You added Days Inn South to your Saves list
Days Inn South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd, Dayton, OH 45459 (Formerly Econo Lodge South)   |
Ranked #29 of 46 hotels in Dayton
Huber Heights, Ohio
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at this hotel.. The ad stated that this hotel was recently renovated.. Well I don't consider new paint to be a huge renovation.. We were excited because there was a pool.. The pool was the only thing we weren't disappointed in.. The sink and bathroom area s were very dirty, hair was everywhere.. I called and complained so they put me in another room.. This room was a disaster as well.. There is supposed to be a microwave and fridge in the room.. Well the Microwave was sitting in the floor and not a fridge to be found!.. I complained to the company and I did receive an email from them telling me they were sorry and that someone from corporate was to call me to get further details.. Well that never happened.. Needless to say I will not stay in a Days Inn again. I would def think twice before staying in this establishment!.. Not a $65 a night hotel at all!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Braunschweig, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I spent two nights during the Dayton Hamvention in the Days Inn Dayton Miamisburg on 1944 Miamisburg Centerville. The hotel is listed as an Econo Lodge and it seems to have changed the franchise recently.

There were a few good sides to the hotel, especially the low price, a clean bed and a central location right next to I-675 (which was a bad thing as well). I had no concerns with personal safety as the place seems to be located in a safe neighborhood.

The list of things that I did not like is quite long. The room was quite dirty and there was a damp smell coming at me when opening the door. Every night, I would leave the door open for 15 minutes in order to reduce the smell.

The rooms are of acceptable size but not quiet at all, being located right next to I-675. The mattress was worn out. On one of the two days, room service only removed the trash but otherwise did not clean or tidy the room. The toilet flushing would leak a bit, but the sound of running / dripping water did not propmt any action by the cleaning staff.

Breakfast was minimal and anyone coming after at 8am would have to live with what was left. Requests to refill some items would only be honored with lots of hesitation and some items would not be replenished.

Wireless worked fairly well in my room but not at all in the lobby.

Staff was difficult to work with and they would only help when I insisted. I needed a printed invoice and for some reason it took a few minutes of explanation until I got one.

If I happen to go back to Dayton, I will look for a differnt place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

My granddaughter and I had to stay in this motel for several days due to bad weather. The rooms were clean, everyone was pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was great. I travel a lot and usually spend double for a room like this.

• Stayed January 2010
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Stay away from this place. When I got there, the desk clerk was cleaning rooms as people were checking in because none of the house cleaning people showed up that day. Three other families were already waiting for a room when we got there. One family I spoke with was assigned a room, but it was so dirty, they refused it and was trying to get another. This was 8:30 PM by the way. The neighborhood was a little iffy as far as safety. The doors at McDonalds next door was locked when we went there to try and find a hotel coupon book. Only the drive thru was open. We stayed somewhere else this night.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Got a room for one night while visiting family in the Dayton area. Paid $58 for a king room with a fridge which was $4 more than the standard room.

Location: Just west of the Dayton Mall. Highly visible if you are coming on Rt 725 or I-675. Entrance to the property is not immediately obvious. There is a Midas muffler place and you have to turn left there. Otherwise you have to make the next left and come around from the back.

There are lots of restaurants and amenities in the Mall area. However, at a busy time, a left turn could be tough to get towards the mall. Its better to go right and then turn on Yankee Street go around the block to get to the mall from the back.

Check in: Reasonably quick, no problems

Room: My room appeared to have had a light rehab. The walls looked painted. The bathroom was clean with decent flooring. The tub liner looked like it was in good shape. Furniture looked a bit dated, but nothing really horrible. The fridge was dirty so it was good that I didn't have any food that I needed to store there. TV has a ton of channels if you are tired after a long day with family.

Wi-fi Internet access is free and works pretty well.

Food: I didn't eat there, but the hotel does offer a free breakfast every morning.

Overall, the hotel was fine. There are lots of cheap motels in the mall area. I have stayed in most of them over the years. This one is just about average. The price was on the low side. Quality was average. Its not a diamond in the rough, but its a reasonably comfy room. If the price is right, I would stay here again, if its much higher than I paid on this trip, there are plenty of motels at the mall.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Dirty fridge
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2005

We have been staying at this hotel for many years because we have family in the area. Unfortunately, the quality has definitely decreased over the last couple of years. The rooms are getting a dingy feeling to them. The bed sheets are flat sheets, so when you sleep, they move around & you wake up sleeping directly on the mattress. We have had some check-in problems & the last time we went, they tried to pass off a smoking room as a non-smoking room. Breakfast is decent, although it is also deteriorating, and it also includes hot waffles. We aren't sure that we'll ever stay here again, based on the deteriorating conditions.

• Stayed December 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2003

The five rooms we were given were not the same as the ones we reserved.We were charged two different prices for the same type room.The "Suites" were no more than a room with a bed and a loveseat.The loveseat in one room smelled of urine.There were not enough towels and bed linens.There are other minor complaints which added up to an unpleasant stay at this hotel.

Been to Days Inn South? Share your experiences!