“OK if you don't watch TV” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn South

Save Saved
You added Days Inn South to your Saves list
Days Inn South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd, Dayton, OH 45459 (Formerly Econo Lodge South)   |
Ranked #29 of 46 hotels in Dayton
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
“OK if you don't watch TV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed here several times over the past year or so and overall its pretty good, the rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. What is terrible are the TV's. I've been in different rooms and the TV's stink. 19", 1970 ish that have pictures so dark and unclear that its eye straining to watch.

I don't even watch much TV, never turn it on until late night and then only watch an hour or so, but these TV's were so bad it deserves comment. Maybe it was just Room 318 which was the worst of them but because of this fact I'll probably stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you're a TV watcher.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tremayne M, General Manager at Days Inn South, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I would first of all like to say thank you for taking the time to give us a review based off of your last stay with us. I would like to apologize to you concerning your experience with the TV in your room. I would like to assure you that after reading your review I was able to make sure that all of our televisions are up to standards so that all guests can have an overall pleasant experience. I am glad that other than the TV not working properly, that you had an overall comfortable experience. We know that this is not home but we try to come very close. We value your comments because they help us to make the changes so that all of our guests have a great experience. Once again I would like to thank you for your time and we hope that in the near future you will let us host you again with the proper changes.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was very weary staying at this property due to some of the comments that have been made on here. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the property was, its not a four star hotel but my room was clean and the staff was fantastic! And the location was superior! The mall is located just around the corner. It is worth giving it a try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our hotel. We are excited to hear that your experience with us was very pleasant. We hope that you will continue to stay at our property on your next visit to the Dayton area. Once again thank you so much for your time and we look forward to seeing you in the near furture.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Guest room was dirty, we found spiders on the floor and around the bed. Bathroom had not been cleaned from prior guest as the sink, toilet, and tub were littered with hair and a hand towel had stains on it or had never been changed out from previous occupant. Toilet was filthy and I would not let my child use the toilet in the room until it was cleaned. Hair also found in the bed sheets. The staff that came to replace the sheets was rude and front desk attendant was not cooperative. Will never stay here again and I come to the area frequently. They had the opportunity to capture a dedicated customer, but I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tremayne M, General Manager at Days Inn South, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
John P,
I would first of all like to thank you for the time that you spent writing this review. We appreciate it because it helps us change to match the excellent service that all guests deserve. I do apologize that you had a less than expected visit with us. I can let you know that the property is under new management. We have taken the time to review our rooms and have upgraded them to match the expectations of our guests. I would like to invite you back to the property to see the many changes that we have made. Our staff is warm and knowledgeable willing to make sure that your stay with us is no different than your home. I am in no way making an excuse for the experience that you had and although we are new we do accept responsibility. We have made the proper changes do again I would like to invite you back to our property to see the changes. Thanks again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Been to Days Inn South? Share your experiences!