“Dirty rooms/rude service/NOT a value” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn South

You added Days Inn South to your Saves list
Days Inn South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd, Dayton, OH 45459 (Formerly Econo Lodge South)   |
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Dirty rooms/rude service/NOT a value”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Guest room was dirty, we found spiders on the floor and around the bed. Bathroom had not been cleaned from prior guest as the sink, toilet, and tub were littered with hair and a hand towel had stains on it or had never been changed out from previous occupant. Toilet was filthy and I would not let my child use the toilet in the room until it was cleaned. Hair also found in the bed sheets. The staff that came to replace the sheets was rude and front desk attendant was not cooperative. Will never stay here again and I come to the area frequently. They had the opportunity to capture a dedicated customer, but I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tremayne M, General Manager at Days Inn South, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
John P,
I would first of all like to thank you for the time that you spent writing this review. We appreciate it because it helps us change to match the excellent service that all guests deserve. I do apologize that you had a less than expected visit with us. I can let you know that the property is under new management. We have taken the time to review our rooms and have upgraded them to match the expectations of our guests. I would like to invite you back to the property to see the many changes that we have made. Our staff is warm and knowledgeable willing to make sure that your stay with us is no different than your home. I am in no way making an excuse for the experience that you had and although we are new we do accept responsibility. We have made the proper changes do again I would like to invite you back to our property to see the changes. Thanks again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Room was decent size and clean. Web site showed having truck and RV parking. There was barely room for 1 truck, but luckily I was the only truck driver there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My fiancé went in and asked if we could check the rooms. The guy told him we could so I walked in and checked the bathroom first. I noticed a towel didn't look clean so I pulled it down. Definitely dirty so I told my fiancé we could at this point still get the room (was trying to save him some money, I could clean it up and ask for fresh towels). I came out and pulled a sheet down and saw a hair. Just as I was telling my fiancé I could deal with the room if we had fresh linen for towels AND the beds, the clerk walks in yelling at me for pulling down the sheets. I told him the sheets had hair but we could take the room if we had fresh bedding and towels. He was so ticked he didn't care. He said "I'm checking the bathroom". As if I was a child. He came out raging. He yells at me to fix the bed. I'm thinking of my fiancé so I begin to fix it but the guy wouldn't stop yelling, and was threatening to call the police, so I threw the blanket back down and told him I didn't like his attitude, he said he didn't like mine. He threatened again to call the police if we didn't leave. I told him I wish he would call. We rushed out of there swearing off days inn forever.

The place was NASTY! If you have any self respect in your body, you'll not stay here! All I know of the guy was that he is of a foreign nationality. Unknown which nationality. I do not know his name, sorry.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, avoid this motel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had a voucher for a cheaper rate at this motel, the guy at the front dest was in an argumentative mood and would not accept the voucher. After 10 mins of arguing we got the voucher rate and went to our room. The room was clean enough and it was close to a number of restaurants. The WiFi worked ok and the shower was of the quality of most non American owned motels.
Not sure if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need somewhere to rest your head with plenty of restaurants around it is ok.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn South? Share your experiences!