“very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn South

You added Days Inn South to your Saves list
Days Inn South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd, Dayton, OH 45459 (Formerly Econo Lodge South)   |
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Dayton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Room was decent size and clean. Web site showed having truck and RV parking. There was barely room for 1 truck, but luckily I was the only truck driver there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My fiancé went in and asked if we could check the rooms. The guy told him we could so I walked in and checked the bathroom first. I noticed a towel didn't look clean so I pulled it down. Definitely dirty so I told my fiancé we could at this point still get the room (was trying to save him some money, I could clean it up and ask for fresh towels). I came out and pulled a sheet down and saw a hair. Just as I was telling my fiancé I could deal with the room if we had fresh linen for towels AND the beds, the clerk walks in yelling at me for pulling down the sheets. I told him the sheets had hair but we could take the room if we had fresh bedding and towels. He was so ticked he didn't care. He said "I'm checking the bathroom". As if I was a child. He came out raging. He yells at me to fix the bed. I'm thinking of my fiancé so I begin to fix it but the guy wouldn't stop yelling, and was threatening to call the police, so I threw the blanket back down and told him I didn't like his attitude, he said he didn't like mine. He threatened again to call the police if we didn't leave. I told him I wish he would call. We rushed out of there swearing off days inn forever.

The place was NASTY! If you have any self respect in your body, you'll not stay here! All I know of the guy was that he is of a foreign nationality. Unknown which nationality. I do not know his name, sorry.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, avoid this motel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had a voucher for a cheaper rate at this motel, the guy at the front dest was in an argumentative mood and would not accept the voucher. After 10 mins of arguing we got the voucher rate and went to our room. The room was clean enough and it was close to a number of restaurants. The WiFi worked ok and the shower was of the quality of most non American owned motels.
Not sure if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need somewhere to rest your head with plenty of restaurants around it is ok.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Willard, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Upon arrival, we found that the rooms were not completely cleaned. Evidence of prior guest's presents were visible. I had reserved two rooms. Outside of the building near the entrance, there was a bumble bee nest which was frightening. Room 201, were my guest was staying had his commode plug up and had to wait for someone to clear it out. Later, when we returned from our convention, we found that the hot water was not working- and this was for the entire building. We had planned to wash up before we went out for lunch this afternoon. During the sleeping hours, the air conditioners/heaters were noisy. Overall, our stay at this motel has not been a pleasant experience. At this point, I feel that it is fair that I be re-compensated for something as the stay was not worth what he and I had paid for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Huber Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at this hotel.. The ad stated that this hotel was recently renovated.. Well I don't consider new paint to be a huge renovation.. We were excited because there was a pool.. The pool was the only thing we weren't disappointed in.. The sink and bathroom area s were very dirty, hair was everywhere.. I called and complained so they put me in another room.. This room was a disaster as well.. There is supposed to be a microwave and fridge in the room.. Well the Microwave was sitting in the floor and not a fridge to be found!.. I complained to the company and I did receive an email from them telling me they were sorry and that someone from corporate was to call me to get further details.. Well that never happened.. Needless to say I will not stay in a Days Inn again. I would def think twice before staying in this establishment!.. Not a $65 a night hotel at all!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn South? Share your experiences!