“No complaints” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Portland, Oregon
“No complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed in the Dayton Marriott for one night on a business trip. Hotel was clean, service was good, breakfast at the restaurant was good. Didn't use the pool or fitness center, so don't have any comments there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jamie H, General Manager at Dayton Marriott, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Greetings and thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our property. I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Our teams focus is to host brilliantly and I'm happy to hear the kind words in regards to your visit.

We hope to see you soon upon your next trip to the Dayton area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am an experienced business traveler and loyal Marriott guest due to the high level and consistency of service. The Dayton Marriott is a prime example of Marriott's high standards. The minumte you walk in the door you are warmly welcomed by an experienced staff. The rooms are clean with updated amenities. The food is excellent. The gym and pool areas are in great shape and there are friendly faces and smiles everywhere you look. When in Dayton, the choice for accommodations is clear!

Room Tip: Top two floors have balconies and bottom floor has great patios. Recommend bottom floor for families...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jamie H, General Manager at Dayton Marriott, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Greetings from Dayton!!! I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our hotel and the services you experienced while in the area. We are focused on how to make travel brilliant for our guests and I'm thrilled that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.
I will surely share your feedback and kind remarks with my team here at the Dayton Marriott. Thank you for the tip as well. We strive to be successful in al that we do and feedback like this allows us to position ourselves to do so.
We hope to see you again upon your next visit to Dayton. Savfe travels to you and hope that you continue to travel brilliantly.
Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at the Dayton Marriott during our class reunion at the University of Dayton. The hotel is up to snuff with quiet and comfortable rooms. The lounge, and dining rooms were properly staffed to handle the crowds. The pool and outdoor sun deck areas were proper and well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jamie H, General Manager at Dayton Marriott, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello and thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Dayton Marriott hotel. UD weekend is a special weekend for many and I'm happy we were able to make it a memorable one for you. Our team here in Dayton strive to provide genuine care and do whatever necessary to accommodate you and yours. We hope that you continue to travel brilliantly and look forward to seeing you in the future when visiting the Dayton area.
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our daughter attends the University of Dayton and we have visited and stayed at multiple hotels in the Dayton area. None can compare to the Marriott Dayton. We visited our daughter during Parents Weekend (9/27 - 9/29) and when we arrived the staff at the front desk greeted us in such a warm and friendly way that we were very happy to be staying at this hotel. Lane and Todd were working the front desk and they were very helpful and accommodating to our questions and requests.
This hotel has a very polite and a friendly staff and we look forward to our future stays at the Marriott Dayton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Trammel, Manager at Dayton Marriott, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Bernadette,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay and for recognizing Lani and Todd at the Front Desk. We realize that UD Parent’s weekend is a special event and wanted to make it as memorable as possible. We hope to see you back on many future visits and for years to come.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stay at the hotel about 4 times a year. The hotel is consistently clean, has very attentive staff, and room service that is available until midnight. The hotel has a small business center in the lobby which is handy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us each and every time your travel brings you to Dayton. I am happy to hear that your accommodations met your needs and that the staff was attentive. As you mentioned, we do have all day dining in room service from 6:00 a.m. until midnight and our business center is open 24 hours a day and includes complimentary Wi-Fi. We hope to see you back again in the very near future.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Dayton Marriott 9/9-9/14 while my mother was hospitalized in ICU at a nearby medical center. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond making this difficult time as hassle-free as possible for me. They were beyond accommodating, as I had to switch rooms when additional family members joined me, and allowed me to extend my stay and check out late with little notice due to my mother's hospitalization.
Thank you. I sincerely appreciate the hospitality.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jamey,

Thank you for the kind words regarding the treatment you received at the Dayton Marriott. When we have guests visiting ill family members, we make them our top priority. Our staff will continue to provide genuine care and do whatever necessary to accommodate you in your time of need. We are conveniently located near several excellent hospitals in the Downtown Dayton area and provide van transportation to and from. We hope everything turned out well and want you to know that we are always here for you.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stay at lots of Marriott hotels and must say I was underwhelmed here. Check in was decent enough and there were plenty of elevators (three) in a hotel with only 8 floors. We were on the concierge level and that meant easy access to the lounge but the room was quite small with only space for an easy chair beside the bed. There was no foot stool and a very small side table. There was also not enough space for more than one person to walk between the desk and foot of the bed. Additionally, I had to move the easy chair up next to the bed to be able to see the entire TV when my husband was sitting at the desk chair. These are all issues due to limited space. I am certain the room would be very comfortable if only one person were in the room. The bed was softer than I'd have wanted and the feather pillows were too overstuffed for me and I had to resort to the foam pillows. The concierge lounge had a very friendly attendant in the evening who seemed to really enjoy his job. The lounge offerings were minimal. The hot appetizer the night I was there was pigs in a blanket. Other than that there was cheese and crackers, a veggie plate and chips and salsa. Dessert was only cookies. Breakfast in the lounge was a little better but not anything to rave about. The attendant seemed overworked and not too interested in the job (the evening gent was much better). If you have access to the lounge than the stay is decent but I wouldn't recommend the hotel otherwise - especially based on the price. There are plenty of other hotels in Dayton for a lot less money that offer much more space.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott. Your comments and opinions are very important and provides us with critical information to continue improving the product and services we deliver. I certainly want to apologize for some of the challenges you experienced during your stay. I will definitely use your comments to refine our processes for continual improvement. It sounds like we did not exceed your expectations on your recent visit. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again, please know that I will make every effort to ensure your stay goes flawlessly.

Been to Dayton Marriott? Share your experiences!