“Great location just off I-75 nice overnight stop.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Dayton
Naples, Florida
“Great location just off I-75 nice overnight stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I found my third floor room quiet,comfortable and clean as I would expect from this Marriott chain hotel. There were plenty of quick food restaurants near. We found a great upscale family restaurant in the adjoining Centerville area. Staff were efficient and pleasant. A full breakfast was included with the morning newspaper as well. . They accepted a discount coupon we picked up in the rest area off the x-way,it was a very good value. In all I would stop here again.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a quiet room on the upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was clean and they had free breakfast and a pool. However, the pool is very small, not much seating. Breakfast was crowded. They only have one very slow elevator. Property is very well located. Parking was excellent. Our keys didn't work well in the doors however, and we kept having to get them reset, which was very inconvenient. However, they were able to accomodate us in 2 rooms right next to each other, without much notice and provided a rollaway bed and crib upon our request. I would stay there again if needed, but not my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Victoria N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about your recent stay at our Property. Guest Satisfaction is our main priority and we are always striving for ways to improve. My apologies that you had less than a desirable stay while you were at our hotel. We will evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel, and hope with our efforts you will try the Dayton Fairfield Inn again next time you stay in the area.
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I'll stay here again! Business center has one single internet connected desktop. Its access seemed highly limited to anything other than google.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Xenia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

The beds were wonderful, and the rooms were very clean. I had the best night of sleep I had, honestly had in years. The pool was warm, and the hot tub was hot. The staff was very friendly and easy to get along with. The cost was great compared to other hotels. The staff is willing to negotiate with you, and ended up giving me twenty percent off. I recommend this hotel. Stay here!

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and first floor doors.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I travel for business all the time and know the importance of a clean and convienent place to stay. I have spent several weeks here and every time my experience has been good. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very friendly and always assisted with anything I needed. The hotel is nicely located to shopping and many restaurants. This is definately on my list of places to stay when in the Dayton area!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for many Thanksgivings while visiting my family.
The people are nice and a pleasure to deal with. They are always smiling and willing to help.
The rooms are typical Fairfield rooms with no real bells and whistles. I have seen this location go through tougher times, but in the past 3 or so years, it seems to have improved significantly.

My kids took advantage of the swimming pool which seems to always be kept in good working condition.

The location is great, with shopping to the north and the Dayton Mall just to the south. And of course, quick access to the interstate!

When we arrived, I did smell a strong odor of bug spray, but did not see even one small bug. I am assuming this was regular scheduled maintenance. Bath towels are a little thin and small. Also, I was not real pleased with the bed which sagged in the middle (but this seems typical of most comparable places). There were more than enough pillows of every type and size. A new flat screen TV and a great working air/heating system.

Would I recommend this establishment? You bet. I will be returning next Thanksgiving if not before!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Gedera, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My wife and I are enaged in a 13,000 miles drive thru continental USA, during which we stay at many motels. Fairfield Inn in south Dayton was one of the very best. The manageress is a delightful, friendly, well-organized, no-airs but not overbearing person who cares for her staff, works alongside them and greets guests as if they were long-lost friends. The motel is well situated, very clean and well equipped with all a traveller would need. The business center and the fitness room were clean, tidy and fully functional. The rooms were clean and pleasant. Shopping centers and excellent restaurants are all within easy reach. There's no doubt - we'll be back!! (so long as they keep their manageress).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South? Share your experiences!