“Quite possibly worst hotel stay” 1 of 5 stars

Moraine Suites and Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2455 Dryden Road, Dayton, OH 45439 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #41 of 46 hotels in Dayton
Goshen, IN
“Quite possibly worst hotel stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Was supposed to be the Holiday Inn, but was bought by Days Inn...no problem, I thought, I can stand most any hotel. We found that the front desk staff was either non-caring or just completely out of their minds. The hall way to our room had about 3 lights working in the entire hallway. Our room was out-dated but fine; I went to find an ice machine and 2 out of three of them were completely ruined beyond use. I went to check out the pool and there was trash in the bottom of it. In the morning, there was trash everywhere in the vending areas, on two different floors, including large amounts of bbq chicken leftovers (someone had a party) that was on the floor and smelled throughout the entire hotel. Breakfast was milk that you had to get out of a mini-fridge, enough cereal for maybe a bowl of cereal, and stale bread. Also, wifi didn't reach to our room on the third floor.
When I went to check out, the girl at the front was completely out of her mind. She was talking to me about how great of stay I must have had and how I surely must of enjoyed my time by the pool. She kept talking and finally I told her "no" we hadn't had a good time and the place was trashy. She said it wasn't there fault there was trash because kids were in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
ouresponse, General Manager at Moraine Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
The hotel is now under new management and are working diligently to rectify any and all issues.

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I arrived at this hotel with a confirmation from Wyndham Rewards for two nights. They had not received any communication from the online reservation site. I showed them the confirmation and they gave me the bargain rate I had obtained via the website. They were most gracious and helpful at check in. This facility is very large with an indoor pool. They expect to have a restaurant and bar franchise in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
micigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

very nice hotel as per days inn standard because it's change from holiday inn.I was there with golf team group.I lost my medicine & I called couple of time at hotel and mad with lady at front desk name Mira but way she handle problem it's perfect business attitude.look like very nice couple handling this business nice clean rooms and very big indoor pool & game area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
raligh nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stay at this daysinn & suite with my family.they just change to Days inn & suite.it was nice stay clean rooms and nice staff. I was very upset when i read bad review but nothing like that. new people try to get every thing under control. good luck to them.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010 via mobile

My family had a reunion planned at this hotel. The staff lost all our paperworkk and then made all kinds of promises that they didn't keep. They were rude and we had 15 reservations!! Checkout process was horrible and there was a drug raid while we were there!

• Stayed August 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Well the good news: no bugs. Advise: don't book UNKNOWN 3 star in Dayton on Internet unless you want to end up at Pure.

Hotel location is in run-down area with nothing "nice" nearby ... like eateries. We were disappointed with not only the location but also the room we were assigned to, the cleanliness and the service. Only the most basic of services offered. Am pretty sure this property use to be a Holiday Inn with an indoor pool ... but when area took a turn for the worse, Holiday Inn sold off this dog and it has not been updates or maintained.

It was a price that seemed extremely reasonable and included breakfast. Breakfast was a joke ... what I'd expect at local motel not a 3-star rated property.

The next morning as we were leaving my husband pointed to the budget motel across the street and asked me to look up price on my computer. The price was within $2 of what we paid.

Needless to say, we will not be making a return to this property.. If in the area and must stop to sleep, we will opt for the motel across the street.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I stayed in hotel pure at 06/14/10. When i made reservation reviews were bad but when i checked in i found everything different . With very ecnomic price i enjoyed myself in heated pool and fitness centre.Room was nice , clean and get good service. I will definately prefer this hotel again to stay with my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Moraine Suites and Conference Center? Share your experiences!