“DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in St. Marys
Mississippi
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got a "two night special with a $40 restaurant gift certificate and ferry ride to Cumberland Island. We checked out around 5:00 am the first morning. I was told we were still going to have to pay for the second night. After going around with the desk clerks - one at 11:00 pm the night before and again at 1:30 am. They ended up charging me $100 plus tax for the night. I did use the certificates, but they should have paid us to stay in those rooms. Yes, rooms - because we had to move at 1:30 in the morning due to the air conditions not working - neither one would cool! The shower knob didn't work and the placed smells like mold covered up with chemicals!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A 4 building complex with 2 ice machines in one room in the back of building number 1, with 1 drink machine and a couple of washer's and dryers for the guest who don't happen to get a suite with all the amenities in a 2 room suite. We were moved after the first night, a room with 2 double beds.Our phone in the room did not work and we found a dying roach in the bathroom the next morning. The next 2 nights we had suite with a king and all the amenities of a small apartment.
2 flat screen TV's of which only 1 worked with the remote. Had to unplug to turn off. Bath towels were old and well used. Must admit that rooms where kept clean and beds where comfortable.
Would have to think real hard about staying again or recommending to friends. We were there for a fraternal family reunion of 6 rooms, made months earlier and were not even in the same building as requested. 1 room in bldg. #1, 2 rooms in bldg. #3 and 3 rooms in bld. # 2

Room Tip: Request a 2 room suite. Same price as 2 doubles
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hudson, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in as many years and find the staff helpful, the anemnities perfect (where do you get a washer and dryer in your room?) and the grounds beautiful. Thanks to the entire staff. I'll be back!

Room Tip: everything you need is here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dave P, General Manager at Cumberland Island Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We are happy you were once again satisfied with your stay. We look forward to your next visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We asked if they give military discount and the receptionist said that he will ask the manager in the morning. I went to check the status the following day and I was told NO they do not give discount not unless we're going to stay there for 7 days. If not only for the work that we did that second day we could have moved to another hotel. The suite that I had is kinda old the AC units were loud and kept me up most of the nights. The room need maintenance and their kitchen has barely stuff in there to cook. Their pool is closed since it need treatment, And their bar is also closed. I used the gym and grab their towel I almost threw up when I smelled it looks like it has been used and they just put it back - I tried two towels and both had the same smell.

To all my military and government coworkers try to get a hotel other than this it is not worth the $89+ tax that you are going to spend.

• Stayed June 2013
Dave P, General Manager at Cumberland Island Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I'm sorry you were less than satisfied with your stay. Being so close to Kings Bay Naval Base, we are proud to serve any and all military and government personnel.

We offer our standard rooms at less than the government per diem, an 11% discount. You, however, opted to stay in a two room suite which is obviously more expensive. For our guests staying seven nights or longer, we do extend the government rate for those occupying a suite. Your stay was only for four nights.

As for the kitchen supplies, all suites are equipped with a set of pots & pans, plates, glassware, utensils, toaster, coffee pot, microwave, full size stove, and refrigerator. We even have a washer/dryer in the suites. We try to offer all of the conveniences of home.

Once again, I apologize that you were disappointed.
Columbia MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Cumberland Inn & Suites after arriving in St Marys with BRAG (Bicycle Ride Across Georgia). The hotel looks a little sketchy on the outside but rooms were comfortable and clean. The rooms had amenities of refrigerator, microwave and in room coffee. The breakfast was sufficient to get us on the road. It was conveniently located to the downtown area. If I am ever in St Marys again I would stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We were very happy to have several BRAG participants stay with us.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Quiet, clean, frig in room. Charming gazebo and pool in garden setting with barbeques. I was going to pay $260 to stay near the waterfront in a B&B or $190 for a moldy vacation rental. But then I realized there was no frig in my room and I don't like the lack of privacy and mildew in old homes turned into Bed & Breakfasts. For $200 in savings, I was willing to give up being a block from the ferry. AAA and military discounts. Walk to banks, movie theaters and drug stores. Plenty of parking in town so why not drive for $200 a night?

Room Tip: Second floor has no elevator, but no one walking over head. Rooms facing the pool have nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave P, General Manager at Cumberland Island Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much. We are thrilled your stay was a pleasant experience and that you had a wonderful time in St. Marys. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip.
Harwinton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here while visiting my daughter for 2 weeks, and stayed in a suite. My room was nice, clean, and quiet. Loved the wood floors, and having a kitchen and washer and dryer was convenient. The staff was really nice. No complaints... I will stay here next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting family and that you were happy with our suites.
We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Cumberland Island Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!