“everything you need!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in St. Marys
Hudson, Ohio, United States
“everything you need!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in as many years and find the staff helpful, the anemnities perfect (where do you get a washer and dryer in your room?) and the grounds beautiful. Thanks to the entire staff. I'll be back!

Room Tip: everything you need is here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dave P, General Manager at Cumberland Island Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We are happy you were once again satisfied with your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We asked if they give military discount and the receptionist said that he will ask the manager in the morning. I went to check the status the following day and I was told NO they do not give discount not unless we're going to stay there for 7 days. If not only for the work that we did that second day we could have moved to another hotel. The suite that I had is kinda old the AC units were loud and kept me up most of the nights. The room need maintenance and their kitchen has barely stuff in there to cook. Their pool is closed since it need treatment, And their bar is also closed. I used the gym and grab their towel I almost threw up when I smelled it looks like it has been used and they just put it back - I tried two towels and both had the same smell.

To all my military and government coworkers try to get a hotel other than this it is not worth the $89+ tax that you are going to spend.

• Stayed June 2013
Dave P, General Manager at Cumberland Island Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I'm sorry you were less than satisfied with your stay. Being so close to Kings Bay Naval Base, we are proud to serve any and all military and government personnel.

We offer our standard rooms at less than the government per diem, an 11% discount. You, however, opted to stay in a two room suite which is obviously more expensive. For our guests staying seven nights or longer, we do extend the government rate for those occupying a suite. Your stay was only for four nights.

As for the kitchen supplies, all suites are equipped with a set of pots & pans, plates, glassware, utensils, toaster, coffee pot, microwave, full size stove, and refrigerator. We even have a washer/dryer in the suites. We try to offer all of the conveniences of home.

Once again, I apologize that you were disappointed.
Columbia MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Cumberland Inn & Suites after arriving in St Marys with BRAG (Bicycle Ride Across Georgia). The hotel looks a little sketchy on the outside but rooms were comfortable and clean. The rooms had amenities of refrigerator, microwave and in room coffee. The breakfast was sufficient to get us on the road. It was conveniently located to the downtown area. If I am ever in St Marys again I would stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We were very happy to have several BRAG participants stay with us.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Quiet, clean, frig in room. Charming gazebo and pool in garden setting with barbeques. I was going to pay $260 to stay near the waterfront in a B&B or $190 for a moldy vacation rental. But then I realized there was no frig in my room and I don't like the lack of privacy and mildew in old homes turned into Bed & Breakfasts. For $200 in savings, I was willing to give up being a block from the ferry. AAA and military discounts. Walk to banks, movie theaters and drug stores. Plenty of parking in town so why not drive for $200 a night?

Room Tip: Second floor has no elevator, but no one walking over head. Rooms facing the pool have nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave P, General Manager at Cumberland Island Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much. We are thrilled your stay was a pleasant experience and that you had a wonderful time in St. Marys. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip.
Harwinton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here while visiting my daughter for 2 weeks, and stayed in a suite. My room was nice, clean, and quiet. Loved the wood floors, and having a kitchen and washer and dryer was convenient. The staff was really nice. No complaints... I will stay here next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting family and that you were happy with our suites.
We look forward to your next visit.
Lawrenceville, Georgia USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Cumberland Island Inn and Suites enjoys an ideal location for those visiting Cumberland Island. The price is certainly the best and our generous package included a $40.00 voucher for food at one of two top restaurants of your choice and the forty-five minute ferry trip over to Cumberland Island. Located a mere, almost traffic-less seven minutes north of the St. Marys Historic District is a real plus. The well maintained grounds consist of several buildings of rooms, a lovely gazebo, a picnic area, and a covered outdoor pool. Unfortunately, winds approaching gale proportions and driving rain the entire time we were there prevented us from using any of them. The main building where guests sign in, features a lovely reception area, a small but completely equipped workout room, and the usual breakfast area. All immaculately maintained. Our love affair ended the moment upon entering our room. The smell was that of a place that had been closed up for years. It knocked us back. I must make it clear, it was our choice to stay there once I sprayed thoroughly. Because the management was outstanding, I am sure we could have changed rooms had we asked. I only mention this as a factor for visitors with allergies. Non-carpeted floors, however, were a real plus for those of us who are highly allergic. The beds, bedding, drawer space, spotless refrigerator and microwave were all standard. The bathroom and "vanity" area, left much to be desired. The uninviting, stained black top of the vanity would have been a poor choice even when it was new . The soap dish was appalling and the usual complimentary bath accessories, unappealing. Every sad towel showed its age and needed replacing. An unfinished, raggedy hole in the wall where a pipe of the commode lacked the usual cosmetic plate that hid such connections. An online description of the amenities at the Inn included "a free deluxe breakfast featuring Belgian waffles" , "restaurant", and night life in the lounge. While the self-serve breakfast was fresh and inviting (the best coffee ever), the fare was standard for "chains." The only restaurant nearby was across the street, and the lounge had been closed for seven years. The aforementioned outstanding management, however, did give hope that the lounge might open again in the future. Otherwise, loved the good stuff and would stay there again.

Room Tip: State your needs up front when you sign in and if your room is not up to your standard, this managem...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay.

I agree with the comments about the black vanity, although it is clean it shows water stains and is a constant source of frustration. I'm not sure what the problem was with the smell upon entering your room, but it is something we will definitely address.

We hope to see you on your next trip to St. Marys.
GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family (teenagers). Considering the price, it was just fine. The beds were good. The room had a larger than average hotel frig and a microwave. The place was clean. The tub area in the bathroom was a bit dated. The continental breakfast was sufficient, but not a lot of hot food. The checking process was simple and the desk staff was pleasant and helpful.

I recommend this place if you are looking for good, basic accommodations. If you want fancy or atmosphere or location near the pretty waterfront, pick one of the bed and breakfasts.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dave P, General Manager at Cumberland Island Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to let us know about your stay. We hope you will return in the future.

Been to Cumberland Island Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!