“Wonderful Bed & Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emma’s Cottage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Marys
Emma’s Cottage House
You added Emma’s Cottage House to your Saves list
300 West Conyers Street, St. Marys, GA 31558 (Formerly Emma's Bed and Breakfast)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 St. Marys B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Georgia
“Wonderful Bed & Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was a short trip to the coast to go biking at Crooked River State Park and exploring Cumberland Island for the day. I was traveling with my 10 yr old. We got in around 4ish on a Sunday afternoon. Jimmy the proprietor was there to show us around. We didn't stay in the 'big house' but out back in the other units. We stayed in the Loft bedroom - I believe it was the most economical. I thought my son would get a kick out of it and I was right. It was perfect for the two of us - very cozy. If you have any claustrophobia, choose something else but if you like cozy and self-contained - you'll really like it. We only stayed 1 night but we really enjoyed the peace and quiet of the neighborhood. Breakfast was really good - breakfast casserole, grits, watermelon and english muffins with orange marmalade. My son is a picky eater and Angie noticed and offered to fix him a bowl of cheerios. The house was absolutely beautiful - decorated for the holidays. They had a ton of Christmas candy - my son thought he really hit the jackpot! Angie & Jimmy let us keep our car & bikes there while we were exploring Cumberland Island which I thought was very nice. The B&B is only 4 blocks from the waterfront and is in a very quiet nice neighborhood. I would definitely be back one day. They have a variety of rooms to suit your needs.

Room Tip: Check out their website to see what rooms are suitable for you. There are several to choose from.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We recently stayed there for our honeymoon in room 501. The room was very clean and had a huge balcony/deck for us to enjoy the outside! The owners knew it was our honeymoon and even though we were a little late to breakfast they treated us no differently. We were greeted with smiles and the best breakfast I've ever had! We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our second visit to Emma's. We throughly enjoyed the town of St. Marys. The town's historic charm is well matched with the Bed and Breakfast's beautiful setting and rooms. We had the perfect hosts, Angie and Jimmy to give us their own history of the city. Both were incredibly knowledgable of all of the towns happenings. They made us feel at home right away, like we had known them for years. It is set right off the beaten path of the historic section of town, creating privacy that was not available at the other bed and breakfasts that we researched in the town. We plan on returning as soon as we can!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 501 with our 7 year old twin boys
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at Emma's as part of a wedding weekend- it was tranquil amidst the busyness of the weekend! Angie, Jimmy and Ansley made the weekend extra special with their hospitality. The bridal party took many of their photos at the B&B and I have no doubts that they will be beautiful! The front steps would be a gorgeous place to have a wedding ceremony. This was my first visit to St.Mary's but if/when I return, Emma's will be my top choice to stay for the visit! Just can't say enough good things!

Room Tip: I was assigned (by the bride's family) to stay I the room with the heart shaped jacuzzi tub- lov...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our recent stay at Emma's B&B was filled with warmth and southern hospitality. Our hosts were welcoming and gracious, and made us feel at home. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfasts were delicious as well as beautiful. The house and many antiques are lovely.

Room Tip: Main house king bedroom is very spacious. The B&B is in a quiet location. I would say any room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Staying at Emma's B&B while in the St. Mary's area enriches a visit to this quaint and friendly town. The beautiful rooms on the main floor provide pleasure to the eye and comfort for the body. I especially enjoyed the library for reading and the parlor of conversing with the knowledgable Innkeepers, who provide historical tidbits about the property and town, while also respecting a visitor's privacy.
Emma's B&B provides easy access to shops and shoreline, as well as to King's Bay Submarine Base, if it would be that you are visiting a submariner who is based there. That was our purpose for being in St. Mary's, a community of which we have grown very fond. The shopkeepers and restaurant owners are gracious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Emma's over 4th of July this year and had a wonderful experience. The house is beautiful, feels very private and the owners are wonderful and welcoming. It felt like I was staying at a friends home. The location couldn't be more ideal as it is in walking distance to the waterfront but off the main drag. So we could escape the crowds on a weekend such as 4th of July. I would strongly recommend Emma's to anyone traveling to St. Mary's and I hope to return soon!

Room Tip: We are filmmakers and had some equipment with us. The King sized room in the house was ideal for hav...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Emma’s Cottage House? Share your experiences!