“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emma’s Cottage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Marys
Emma’s Cottage House
You added Emma’s Cottage House to your Saves list
300 West Conyers Street, St. Marys, GA 31558 (Formerly Emma's Bed and Breakfast)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 St. Marys B&B and Inns
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I recently traveled to St. Marys, GA for a few days
and fell in love with this bed and breakfast. It offers beautiful rooms, a wonderful
breakfast and excellent hosts. It's location near the downtown area, waterfront and Cumberland Island ferry is very convenient. I highly recommend staying here if you are looking
for a GREAT bed and breakfast experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is our second time to stay at Emma’s. The home is simply beautiful from the landscaping to the room decor. It is centrally located in St. Marys with everything within walking distance. The innkeepers do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. They have so much knowledge of the area and it's nice to see people who still care about the town that they grew up in. The breakfasts were delicious and the presentation was over the top excellent. The rooms are the cleanest and most comfortable that I have ever stayed in. We will always stay with Angie and Jimmy when we are in St. Marys. We look forward to going back again and would recommend it to anyone. It is truly a gem.

Room Tip: Room 501's deck allows you to tuck up in to the magnolia trees that have been there for decades...
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Me and my fiancee decided to spend a few days in St. Mary's as part of a fourth of July retreat. We were lucky to find Emma's, which we absolutely loved. It's only a couple blocks from the waterfront where we watched the fireworks and enjoyed the street party. We were very impressed with the accommodations. Our room was the cleanest room (hotel, motel, B&B, or otherwise) that we've ever stayed in.....and we travel a lot! The bed was so comfortable we almost missed breakfast on 2 consecutive mornings. The innkeepers were very nice and helpful and cooked a great down-home breakfast for us. The waffles topped with fruit were our favorite. I don't think you'll be able to find a better B&B in the St. Mary's area. Great spot for a getaway, or for an in-town wedding or other event. Thanks, and we'll be back again!

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have had the real deal in amazing B&Bs, and this is not one. At $140 a night, this was not worth the stay. The high ratings attracted us, and yes the house is nice (if a little kitchy) and we enjoyed using the bicylces, but the hosts have clearly been at this too long regarding level of service. Other guests seemed not to notice the corn syrup instead of maple syrup and the cheap sausage patties, however we weren't impressed. Prior to reserving, we inquired as to whether they would be able accommodate my vegan diet, and said they would "figure it out," which they did by providing me with soy milk for coffee. Otherwise, the hostess asked me on the fly if oatmeal was okay (I asked if I could have the strawberries that were on the waffles but none came with my oatmeal). Unfortunately I couldn't eat it due to the extreme saltiness (perhaps she used salt instead of sugar to season it?). We debated how to address this and decided not to say anything although on the 2nd morning, Angie made me fruit and I was very appreciative. I would stay elsewhere if you are looking for the real deal.

Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer, Don from Vienna, tiny accommodations for too much $$ and microwaved pre-fab food does not constitute a breakfast. We cook better at home! How hard can it be to put a breakfast casserole together? Evidently too hard for this lady/owner. We always stay at B&B's when we travel and have been to them all over the world, this was by far THE worst. It has a lot of potential, but needs better owners. Save yourself a trip, stay else ware for less and better digs, and put your money in activities and better food.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Wow! Emma's Bed and Breakfast is a very relaxing and peaceful place incorporating the very best in hospitality, seclusion, convenience, and accommodations. Angie and Jimmy are fantastic hosts, and the warm breakfasts served on the back porch of the main house while listening to the sounds of nature are unbeatable... french toast with fresh berries and, YES, orange marmalade served with English muffins alongside homestyle scrambled eggs and grits. And, yes, it is so nice to be able to park your car and leave it as you tour the beautiful St. Marys waterfront on a bicycle included with your stay! I can honestly say that I had the best REAL vacation of my life, and I hope to return again soon. Thank you Angie and Jimmy Mock.....

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 402, which had two double beds, a rare find among bed and breakfast establishments...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Zanesville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Hosts live on site. B&B is in residential area near the town but probably best to drive into town which has ample free parking. Convenient to use prior to the Cumberland Island tours. They will pack a nice lunch in an insulated lunch bag. Hosts are very friendly. Home has many interesting collections and books.

Room Tip: Room #202 has 2 chairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Emma’s Cottage House? Share your experiences!