“My new hometown favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 45 restaurants in St. Marys
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Café, Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: The Bistro and Brew is a small neighborhood eatery serving fresh, simple, local fare with an eclectic bistro twist. Homemade soups, pasta, sausage, cheese & sandwiches made from fresh roasted meats daily, salads, local seafood. Our menu is created to match the season with fresh local ingredients.We focus on the details of seasoning, balance and presentation of each dish.The Bistro and Brew is perfect for your next private event, or office party; book early around Holidays to ensure your date. 887 F Kingsbay Rd St. Marys Ga. (just a country block from the Hospital)Hours Tues -Sat 10am till 10pm, Sun 9am -3pm (for brunch only)
Saint Marys, GA
“My new hometown favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

As a Trip Advisor "Top Contributor" I rarely have an opportunity to recommend something close to home and lament that I have to travel far to find truly different venues. Finally I've found a gem (still unpolished) that I'll reluctantly share and hope that I'm not left outside in line waiting to get inside. For you Travelers, it's a 5 minute trip off the main road (I-95, Exit 3, Route 40 East)) on the way to Kings Bay Submarine Base. It's in a small shopping center adjacent to "Shooters of America" ( We Georgians support the 2nd Amendment) across from Aunt B's. Now that you found it, enter a simply decorated small bistro and check out the pastry case opposite with homemade desserts as it may influence your lunch/dinner. Lunches are normally filled so be patient or try dinner as I have 4 times in 3 weeks. You can start with delicious "Soupe a l'Oignon" (French Onion Soup) or Cheesy Bison Meatballs among Starters. Then either "European Entree's" like "Arrosto Ippoglosso con Rosmarino" (fresh Haddock lightly breaded with rosemary bread crumbs), Wiener Schnitzel, or "Poulet Roti with Wild Mushrooms" ( a classic Parisian Bistro chicken dish) among many. Or "American with a twist" that includes "Chef Victoria's Meatloaf" ( a special mixture of ground beef and bison), my new favorite "Chicken & Waffles with Chicken Maple gravy" or others with a "twist". Operating hours are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm allowing for a late night dessert with "brew". (however only non-alcoholic until late July). There's also a Sunday Brunch featuring "Stuffed Goat Cheese French Toast smothered in Pecan Pralines". Enough said to make it worth your trip?

• Visited May 2013