“Depends on what you order” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in St. Marys
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Castleton, New York
“Depends on what you order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Did review last year but went again this year with a different outcome. We came early and even though there were tables overlooking the marsh available she proceeded to direct us to a sidewalk/street view table. I politely asked her if we could have a marsh view and she had a bit of an attitude and said, what, this is a window view. I said it was a view of the street and again asked if there was one available with a marsh view. She did then proceed to bring us over to the one with a marsh view. Not a problem. My son ordered the shrimp and fish combo and he had the greatest fried shrimp I ever tasted. (He was kind enough to share) Both my husband and I ordered the grilled grouper and both of ours came out with so much pepper on it we could barely eat it even after we scraped the top layer of spices off. The fish itself was fresh but the taste overpowered by a heavy hand in the kitchen for just a grilled fish. Blackened fish was also an option which we did not choose. Next time I will just order fried or stick with the shrimp. Rest of order was fine. Salad fresh, hush puppies great, sweet potato fries. I seemed to remember the green beans were good also. Very limited wine menu and it was just so-so. Probably just have water or beer next time. So now my second visit, I was disappointed with how the fish was cooked, not the freshness. My husband does not want to go back but I would give it a third try and stick to the shrimp.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Taunton, Massachusetts
“Willing to give it another try.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Since we have fallen in love with the town we will give Lang's another try. I had the fried sea scallops, baked potatoe and salad. I could not eat the scallops due to over salting...even after trying them with the batter removed. My husband had Fried Alaskan flounder...it was ok. Prices are reasonable. Great view of the harbor. Desert was yummy...key lime pie. Service was good.

Columbus, Georgia
“Really great food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had the pleasure of visiting St. Mary's recently and was glad to see that Lang's was still in business. I had not been there in 10 yrs. but I remembered how good it was so I suggested we give it a try. We were not disappointed. The shrimp special was delicious and the service was great. I had forgotten how beautiful the views of the marsh were. Enjoyed the meal very much and already making plans to return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wedowee, Alabama
“Eccellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very good food and service. Had the grilled rock shrimp, with grits, salad and green beans. Very delicious, grits some of the best I've had in a while. Scenery was good, and service very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Decent Food But a Little Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

After reading the reviews and talking to folks in town, we felt that we had to have dinner at Lang's. The first time we tried to have dinner there, it was so noisy that we decided that we would try it another night. When we returned, it was a little quieter so we decided to stay and have dinner. My husband had the Mahi Mahi which he said was tasty and I had the shrimp and grits which was fair, but before we were midway through our salads, the main courses were brought to our table. In the middle of our meal, the waitress brought our check and we felt that we were being rushed to vacate the table and make room for the next guests. Had shrimp and grits at another restaurant in a town nearby the next night and it was really delicious which made me realize how mediocre the dish was at Lang's.

• Visited September 2013