“Mangia bene!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
“Mangia bene!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We lived in Italy for three years, and this is the best pizza we've had since we left! If you're used to Pizza Hut you'll find that the pizza they serve is very different from authentic brick oven pizza like that served in Italy. You'll need a knife and fork as the crust is very thin. I've heard people describe it as soggy, but it isn't, is just very different from what Americans are used to.

I've also had the lasagna, calamari appetizer, and panini, and all were good, but the pizza is by far the best.

Service is generally good, but not great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hereford, Arizona
“We tried it twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was among a party of 4 about 2 weeks after they opened. Beautiful inside but that pretty much is where it ends. I ordered spaghetti expecting a plate which is traditional in most restaurants. What I got was a bowl of spaghetti. I could have eaten at home and received the same thing. 4 forkfuls later and it was gone. I was hungry when I arrived and I was hungry when I left. I swore to the wife, I will never go back but, 1 year later, I thought I will give it one more shot. I thought I was safe because I ordered take out. My order was, "large pizza with pepperoni "...Folks, that is all I got. Tomato sauce, on a crust with a few sprinkles of pepperoni. Where's the cheese? Apparently you have to tell them when you order that you would like cheese. Well, needless to say, this time I learned my lesson. Good luck if you go.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nogales, Mexico
“Great place to have an original Italian oven style pizza and a wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great little place to have a taste of the real old oven thin crust Italian style pizza, the rest of the menu is very good as well but emphasizes more on their pizzas. They also have a great selection of local wines which are very good by the way. Service is excellent and the manager is walking around the tables all the time making sure everything is working out to your expectations with food and service. Nice place although a little of the beat and track but well worth it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hereford,AZ
“The view was outstanding,the food was not...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Finally got around to going to a neighborhood restaurant.Beautiful place,survived the Monument Fire,thankfully. The hostesses was young,cute and cordial,even opening the door for us. Seated immediately at a two-top,on a wall. Not very good ambiance.Waitress seemed un-informed on the menus and was just doing a job,very young.No real interaction with the customers.We had wine,also served waters,and our entrée came really quick,we were in and out in less than an hour.Many sat outside on the patio,we live here so don't need the view and the wind.The entrees were OK, lasagna and spaghetti.Meatballs were good,sauce was very bland for Italian.Had to ask for salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.Like I said, the waitress was young.Not really impress with the food.My partner said the lasagne was skimpy for him. I was totally not impressed with this place,but will give it another chance for maybe the pizza,as I see the reviews on those are good. Had much better food and service at Olive Garden,in town. Sorry!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vicenza, Italy
“Surprising, good, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went here with some friends. The lobster pasta (special of the day) was delicious and the pizza was fantastic! We spent three years living in Italy and I would say the pizza at Mimosa's is 90% the same as what we became accustomed to eating while in Italy. Will definitely return and recommend to others!

• Visited February 2013