“Uh.... so-so.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4531 G. Washington Memorial Hwy, Yorktown, VA 23692 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Virginia
“Uh.... so-so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I went here when I lost power during hurricane Irene. There was a very strong smell of cleaning products and I found one bug in my bed that was neither a tick nor a bedbug. The pool was not open, maybe due to the hurricane. It was OK; I slept OK, it seemed clean (despite the bug), and the TV worked.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
comfortva640, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
On behalf of the old hotel management, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.Now hotel is operated under New band Comfort Inn and management .Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us Comfort Inn Yorktown, so that we can have chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Gm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our family went to a funeral in the Hamton, VA area on Saturaday. We stayed in the Days Inn Yorktown, VA and this place was just like a self-service motel. In the 24 hours we were there we saw one person at the desk for just about 5 minutes.
Our family would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
findlay, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I made our reservations 2 months in advance off of a booking website at 28/night. That was the special that Days Inn was running at the time. When the special was over, anyone who had booked at that pirce had their reservation CANCELED WITHOUT NOTICE. I called 2 weeks before to confirm our reservation and the idiot working the front desk DID confirm. I called an hour before to see if we could check in early AGAIN, HE CONFIRMED MY RESERVATION then when we arrived, 12 hours from home, he said we had no reservations with them. After going back and forth with him, the manager/owner, and the our booking agent the hotel was at fault for not honoring prices that customers book with, and they told me this was not the first time that this specific establishment had done this. SECONDLY, there was a juice spill in their "breakfast area" which consisted of prepackaged cinni rolls, bagels, and cereal.... my neice SLIPPED AND FELL... while the manager sat behind the desk and watched the whole thing. Finally when he got up and walked passed us and got a mop but never once checked to make sure if she was ok. She's 9, fighting back tears and he just kept walking. I would never reccommend this poor excuse for a hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I must say I was r-e-a-l-l-y worried about this place when making a reservation via the Days Inn 1 800 customer service number but however upon our arrival we were pleased with our room. My husband and I were passing through on our way to VA Beach so we only stayed one night. The check in process was smooth for us although I found the guy at the front desk to be impersonal. Our room was relatively clean (except for my husband had to clean the shower head) and the bed was comfortable but the towels were awful. They were very hard with the bath towels being too small to dry off with. So far as the free WIFI we could not get it to work. I would consider staying at this hotel again only if a good rate is offered.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
comfortva640, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013

Phoenixville, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We got a terrific no cancel rate for 2 nights in June. It seemed too good to be true. And it was. When we arrived the front desk guy (same one mentioned in other reviews) "couldn't find" our reservation even though we had a confirmation number. Luckily we booked through Expedia who, after trying to get things straightened out, got us room down the road for the same price for a much nicer facility. Our impression was that they were booked except for 1 room and they weren't letting that room go at the discount rate.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
comfortva640, New Gm at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

This hotel was a great value- really cheap and I was nervous before I arrived, but it turned out to be just fine, and included breakfast.

I forgot a sleeping bag and the folks there helped me by boxing it up and getting it back to me with UPS.

I would definitely recommend the Days Inn Yorktown for a great budget option in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

room is very nice. desk clark is very helping nature. i need to direction so he print out for me and he drop under the door at night. i like stay again and again. the thing i missed is business center

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!