“Fabulous!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Goshen, OH
“Fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Wonderful place to stay. Easy access to highway to travel into Norfolk. Literally around the corner from grocery, theater, gas, restaurants. Staff was very friendly and very helpful (especially a manger named Lisa). Room was clean and comfortable. We stayed on third floor overlooking the lake in back of the hotel. Nice gazebo in back with gas grills and several tables/chair to eat by the lake. Pool was clean. Very nice fitness room and laundry facility.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Scott C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and location is acceptable. My biggest complaint this that the sleep quality is poor. I am currently on week three of a five week stay and have yet to have an undisturbed full nights sleep. The toilet flushes from my neighbors toilet with a loud thump as does mine. Also my upstairs neighbor walks as though they are walking with all their weight on their heels and shakes the dishes in my cabinets. Additionally the neighbors dresser drawers close loudly. These all may seem like minor annoyances but they are loud enough to wake me throughout the night. If I had the choice I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Newport News
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

Since I have been here, 4 weeks, the staff and accomodations have been above what they are expected to be. Every question answered and constant communication to let me know of any changes. Very friendly and helpful. Staff cleans the room once a week for me, because I will be here for 3 months. I recommend this place to anyone. I will try to stay at a Candlewood anytime possible.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I've stayed at the Candlewood Suites before, so I was expecting a good stay. I was truly disappointed with the experience. First, the room is not a suite, it is a one-room hotel room with a full sized refrigerator and a 2-burner stove. Appliances do not make a room a 'Suite'. Second, there is no breakfast offered at the hotel, only a small (pitiful) collection of vending machine snacks. Third, the internet did not work in my room. They said there was wireless internet throughout the hotel, but my room must have had a lead shield around it because there wasnt even a signal. Fourth, the staff would not let me check out the night prior, or even get a receipt before checking out. I had a really early flight the day I had to leave, and wanted to get a receipt so I wouldn't have to mess with it in the morning - something every other hotel chain allows you to do - except the Candlewood Suites. Finally, the room smelled very musty/moldy, and I talked to some of my colleagues and they all said the same thing about there rooms. The only remedy to that was opening the windows, and turning on the antiquated thermostat.

The room itself was clean, bed was comfortable, but everything was dated. Old television with old remote. This hotel needs to get with the times in many respects. I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
CandlewoodYorktown, manager, desk at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We are dedicated to making sure that our guests have the best experience when they visit us, so this gives us the opportunity to constantly improve the quality of our property. You did not request or book a suite at our location, we do have them avail.
You stated that you have stayed at Candlewood suites before...If this is true you must know that being an EXTENDEDSTAY hotel we do not offer any type of breakfast, kitchens are provided in your room for your convience of being able to cook what you want for breakfast, and we have a pantry in all of of locations that provide all types of breakfast items for our guests. The hotels were set up to save our guests money and I do provide drinks and pastries at the desk daily. I am sorry that we were unable to make you happy, perhaps a full service hotel would suit you better.
Thank you for your time.
newport news VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 months straight. I was amazed at how stress free it was for me and my family. The staff upgraded my room to accomidate my family for free of charge. They also provide free laundry facilities which helped a lot for my family. My wife was able to continue her online college courses with the free internet in our room and a business center down the hall. The staff went out of their way to help with things from faxing paperwork for us to introducing us to other guests with children so our daughter could have friends in the hotel to play with. For my family and I to stay here for 3 months on our way to South Korea was wonderful. I was able to concentrate on work and she was able to relax when things for us should have been very stressful, it was completely stress free for a family moving across the world. I am very thankful for them to have hired such a wonderful staff.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Oakland Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

I stayed here for a month while on business. The rooms are nice and the staff always made me feel at home.

Right across the street is a movie theater and Fuddruckers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
CandlewoodYorktown, Front Desk Lead at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We are dedicated to making sure that our guests have the best experience when they visit us, so this gives us the opportunity to constantly improve the quality of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Yours in hospitality,

Brandy
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Many hotels boast of their level of customer service but I've never actually visited hotel whose service was on par with the advertisement. At Candlewood Suites this is refreshingly the case. Being a business traveler there are time where I need to be catered to directly and other times where i need my space to conduct business. The staff at Candlewood understand this balance perfectly which makes for an extremely stress-free and comfortable environment.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Candlewood Suites Newport News? Share your experiences!