I stay at this hotel several times a year, and have been doing so for about the last 10 years. In the past it was starting to look a little "tired", so I was glad to see they are slowly making some renovations. I was there for four nights in July. There was a lot of hallway debris on the first floor - I guess from are the rooms they are currently renovating. The parking lot and sides of the building are surrounded with ripped out cabinetry, etc. as well as a trash trailer in the front parking lot. The good news is that I never had a problem with noise or interference from the renovations. My room (still not renovated) was 202 and was ok. I look forward to returning again in December to see what improvements have been made to the guest rooms. I especially hope they replace the dingy old carpeting. Even though the third floor is the "smoking" floor, I just might request to be there in the future because it sounded as if the people above me were stomping around ALL WEEK. It was really irritating (not the hotel's fault). They relocated the gym/laundry room to the other end of the lobby and there was a sign on the door, limiting the hours. That was kind of irritating because it always seemed as though there was a line of people waiting to do laundry (only two machines). The printed hotel literature states that the rooms are open 24/7. This hotel might want to re-think that policy. Or add a few more machines. But overall, considering renovation is going on, I was pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consider Us Home @ the Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel Newport News -Yorktown - Hampton Roads Area, VA. The Candlewood Yorktown Newport News hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn & Staybridge Suites Hotels. Specializing in your extended stay experience, the Candlewood Suites hotel is the perfect environment for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary & corporate housing needs.The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located @ exit 256B of I-64, near I-664, minutes from Portsmouth, Hampton, Norfolk, Suffolk & Virginia Beach business & real estate districts. Our location offers near access to Ft. Eustis, NASA, Langley AFB, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, SAIC, Northrop Grumman, Newport News Navy Shipyard, Williamsburg, Hampton Coliseum & the Hampton Roads Convention Center. The Candlewood Suites hotel offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio & one-bedroom apartment - like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living & work areas, TV w/DVD players & free wired Internet. Other features include 24 hour business center w/ free Internet, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard w/grills & our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Newport News reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Newport News Hotel Yorktown
- Candlewood Suites Yorktown
- Candlewood Yorktown
- Yorktown Candlewood Suites