“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

There is no downside to this hotel. I loved the room. I loved the staff. I loved the pool. My family including my 9 year old son loved it too. What else can I say but well done you have got it right! The location was perfect for getting to the local beaches for all of the shopping centres and foe restaurants. The staff will give you any information you need on where to eat where to shop and will even have a chat with you to make you feel part of their hotel family. 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM_PHFCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear MaroiB, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves here at the Candlewood Suites Yorktown in providing excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I appreciate that you took the time complete a review on our hotel & staff; your stamp of approval is why is strive to do our best daily. We hope that you will come back in the near future to see us again!!

Melissa Perry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had a great stay at Candlewoods Newport News. Melissa and her staff exceeded my every expectation. We had a four night stay and not once did we hear any of our neighbors. That was a first for us. Added bonuses included a movie theatre directly across the street along with a strip mall within a 5 minute walk.

If you are looking for a great place to stay that is situated centrally to Williamsburg, Hampton, and Norfolk. This is the spot for you. Lastly, the rooms were clean and the kitchen was well appointed with newer pots and pans.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear PC, Your Review Brighten our day here at the Candlewood Suites Yorktown; I’m glad you had a great stay with us! Our hotel consistently ranks above the brand average on service and it’s great to hear you experienced us at our best. My team & I work hard to make every guest feel welcome and at home. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked online with our Priority Club card and got a great deal for the week of the 4th of July. The staff is great, Frank will bend over backwards to assist you in your touring endeavors and hotel needs. Although we didn't get the prized possession of "Guest of the Week" parking we had a refreshing stay. Frank! We had a 1 queen bedroom suite. The privacy of a separate bedroom for us was outstanding. The 2 kids stayed in the living room with their own TV. I have stayed in Candlewwod suites on other occasions and have always look forward to the return.

Stayed July 2013
GM_PHFCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Stephen r, We love hearing from our WONDERFUL guests! On behalf of myself & Frank, a great big THANK YOU for your kind words. Our guests here at Candlewood Yorktown are such wonderful people and it makes our jobs so easy. Our team strives to provide the best in service and accommodations and we love hearing when we really get it right. Hope you will come visit us again in the future!

Suffolk, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

On Wednesday July 3 , we decided we wanted to run up to Water country and Busch Gardens for the 4th. I am not a fan of somewhat cheesy 2 star hotels with polyester bed linens, and wasn't willing to rough it as we only live 45 minutes away. Then, I stumbled across the Candlewood...with a great special rate that fit our circumstances. The staff was fabulous...as I noticed I had booked a smoking room and called to see if that could be changed. At the time it couldn't, but when we checked it, it was the same man and he had remembered he had a handicapped room that was non smoking. It's not a bells and whistles place, but not cheesy and polyester either, so it was just what I was looking for. It was only 15-20 minutes from the parks and saved us battling holiday weekend traffic. They had a large, nice outdoor pool where my 9 year old son had a nice later afternoon swim. I would stay here again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amy J, Thank you so much for your wonderful words concerning our hotel. I am so happy that my staff helped to have a memorable experience for you & your family. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

GREAT hotel!!! We stayed here while visiting relatives and I can't say that I've ever met a friendlier staff than what they have there. From the time we arrived there we felt so welcomed... they made me feel right at home. I can't say enough good things about this hotel...it was clean, beds were great, and just everything about it was top notch. We will definitely stay again when in Yorktown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GM_PHFCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback on the staff and service at the Candlewood Suites Yorktown. It is great to read your comments and I have shared them with my staff. It makes me very proud to know that you felt at home in our hotel - this is something we strive for each and everyday. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband grew up in Newport News and we have stayed at a number of hotels in the area. We were so happy with Candlewood Suites we will stay there on all future visits to the area. Everyone at the front desk was extremely friendly. I also love that they are pet friendly and had a great area behind the hotel to walk our dog. We stayed in one of the junior suites which was extremely nice and clean. I never write reviews but we had such a great stay I had to give kudos to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_PHFCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Melissa_Cu, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service. I appreciate that you took the time complete a review on our hotel & staff; your stamp of approval is why is strive to do our best daily. We hope that you will come back in the near future to see us again!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Love this place!! We having been staying at Candlewood for about 3 weeks now and thanks to Frank B, Ischia and the gang our stay feels like home. Everyone has a warm smile, the hotel is very clean with home style ammendities. Washer/dryer and outdoor are a plus. Hotel is near shopping, restaurants, night life and interstate.
Mike and Toni

• Stayed August 2012
GM_PHFCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Mreburkyburk1, We love, love, love hearing from our valued guests! On behalf of my staff, a great big THANK YOU for your kind words. Our guests here at Candlewood Yorktown are such wonderful people and it makes our jobs so easy. We strive to provide the great customer service that keeps our guest coming back, time and time again. Thank you for your feedback and I will pass on the praise to my staff!!

Melissa Perry

Been to Candlewood Suites Newport News? Share your experiences!