“Great!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Yorktown
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed here just this past weekend, we went to Water Country USA on Saturday, and spent the night here on Saturday night. We had a two bedroom suite for my husband and I, and 4 kids! The room was clean, and big. I loved having the two bathrooms, and to not have to share with the kids ;-) The breakfast was top notch! One of the best complimentary ones we have ever had. It had hot and cold, eggs, sausage, ham, waffles, yogurt, bagels, toast, cold cereals, hot oatmeal etc. Plus many drink choices. The only complaint I have is that I went to the front desk twice, once to check in, and once to ask a question, and no one was there. I had to wait for about 10 minutes to check in, but once the person came she apologized and was very nice and polite. The time I went for the question, I gave up because no one ever did come. But otherwise a very nice stay, and for the price can't be beat!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ScottOCox, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
daytona beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

This has been the first hotel stay which has left me compelled to leave a review. When I first made the reservations I was alittle worried for two reasons. One, I am a clean/hygiene freak (mind you I travel with my own bleach and cleaning supplies) and two because of the limited reviews and pictures and very reasonable price. Well do not do not think twice. This place is the place to stay if your going to any of the Williamsburg attractions. We stayed six night in a two bedroom suite. The suite was absolutely wonderful. The master bedroom has a very comfortable bed, a desk, decorative chair, dresser and flat screen tv. The second bedroom, two full sized beds and its own flat screen tv. The living room/kitchen was such a treat. A small couch and chair in front of yet a third tv. The kitchen had a bar type table with three tall chairs, full fridge, two burners, toaster oven, full sink, microwave and dishwasher. Its has a full service of plates, cups, bowls and silverwave for four. We cooked four out of six nights here quite easily for our family of four. The supermarket actually two Krugers and a KMart with a grocery dept were both within a 1/4 mile of the hotel. The hotel has a pseudo-outdoor pool, its actually indoor but has huge sliders which screen in the sides giving an outside feel. And there is a very nice and hot jacuzzi. There is a free fitness room which we never used and a laundry room which we used twice. The laundry room is nice, clean and free. I had to wait alittle while due to laundry traffic (prime time is like 7-10pm) but quickly learned to go first thing in the am where I could use both washers and driers. The breakfast is nice: coffee, tea, juices, milk, muffins, assorted breads and bagels, cheesy and plain scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, assorted fruit, yogurts, cottage cheese, five kinds of cereal and two waffle makers. We brough breakfast foods but I went down several mornings just to pick up and bring back to the room a few things. And as for the servers, I have no complaints, there was no dishwashing soap, a phone call to the front desk and five minutes later, two packages were being delivered. Everything was great, it honestly was, I am very picky and easily grossed out by sharing things with others that I do not know. The room was spotless, I never once needed to clean anything before using it. The bleach stayed packed. Linens, dishes, rugs, everything was as if it were brand new. I'm sure that anyone who stays here will be absolutely satisfied. The stay here will be the perfect compliment to any vacation. It sure was to ours! I hope the hotel stays this way because we're already looking forward to our next stay. We leave tomorrow by the way, free internet access, another plus of already many!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
JBClark, Marketing Agency at Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown, responded to this review, December 11, 2009
The review is clearly a rave, the guest loved everything about the hotel, expect they rates us a 2 out of 5. I am convinced that the reviewer did not understand the grading scale.
Lewisburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

For the price this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Obviously it is not as nice as your 4 and 5 star hotels, although it is superior to some of those I have stayed at, but this hotel is extremely clean. Could not be any cleaner. Great bedding, although not duvet. Lcd televisions, full breakfast, full kitchen, many other amenities. I also added some pics of the room we stayed in Keep in mind this is a one bedroom 100 dollar a night room. Extremely good value.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

This hotel is convenient to everything. I spent four VERY comfortable nights at this Staybridge. The staff was always extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is attractive and clean. If I return to Norfolk, THIS is where I will stay. I highly recommend it.

Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We chose the perfect location, and that is Yorktown, hidden behind the bushes away from the hustling and bustling. We hear birds sing and the darkness of the woods. It is built only less than two years ago...the main entrance is like a castle and the internals are clean and very spacious. We had little to complain about. Breakfast included eggs and coffee,. bagels, oatmeals, juices, fresh made waffles..etc. The TV in the room is flat screen and big..really impressed. The only thing i didn't like was that the light in the door is the energy saver white colored light. i prefer the soft yellow lighting...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

This is place is brand new so there's nothing you could possibility complain about when it comes to the room. The staff is top notch, perhaps the most friendly and helpful staff I've ever dealt with. If you stay here you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thanks again for choosing Staybridge Suites Newport News Yorktown, VA

Been to Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown? Share your experiences!