“Realy great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Yorktown
London, United Kingdom
“Realy great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels but I can't say that I've ever met a friendlier staff than what they had here. From the time I got there I was welcomed by 2 ladies at the front desk who made me feel right at home. The friendliness felt sincere as well! I can't say enough good things about this hotel...it was clean, beds were great, and just everything about it was top notch. Will be staying here again if we ever head back down that way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ScottOCox, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We really appreciate your comments on our staff. We do go above and beyond to make sure every guest has the most memorable experience. Staybridge Suites Newport News is a wonderful place to call your home anytime you want to come back to us. Thanks again.

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

if you like to cook, bring your own knives. had them replace the chef's knife with a new one, but even it was dull, dull, dull. couldn't cut a turnip. or a butternut squash. there is a kroger within walking distance.

bed was comfy, a little soft for me, but i like a really firm bed. i think most would find it great.

heavy drape did not curve around to totally block the light, and a dark room is best for me. if you like that, too, bring an eye mask.

daily full room service unless you stay 7 days or more. then main cleaning 1x a week, but they do replace towels and make bed daily.

overall, nice place for a nice price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greeting and thanks for your review on our Staybridge Suites Newport News Yorktown, I actually remember when you stayed with us. Your dog was very nicely groomed. Hope to see you again. Thanks for joining our Staybridge family.
Brandywine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

New Review-2012-Vacation

We stay at the comfortable cozy STAYBRIDGE SUITES, Newport News Yorktown VA, for the past 4 years, We are very relaxed, breakfast is always a plus, you can make your own waffles, Anything you could possible want for breakfast was available the breakfast has something for everyone, eggs, bacon, sausages, yogurt, don’t let me forget the hot Oatmeal, enjoy the various coffees, hot teas, Herbal, or regular hot tea, there is also a juice bar, which contains orange juice, cranberry, apple juice, just a wonderful way to start the day,. We visit the hotel several times a year,
This is a perfect place to spend the night, or several nights, clean comfortable sheets, clean comfortable bedspreads, which are always clean!!!!! The room always smells fresh, and the carpet is shampooed as well. We are always greeted by the front desk staff with a welcoming smile, How was your trip, your suite is ready etc. The front Desk staff is excellent. There is Amanda, who is cheerful, bubbly with a bright smile, Lysette Warm welcoming, Kelly, kind, courteous, (Angelo, Yoshiko, Night Audit, Professional, pleasant,) Mr. “P” with his great smile, Heron Pleasant always asking how was your stay, I would like to mention Lavelle (Houseman) greet you with a smile/pleasant, lastly I would like to mention Scott, sales great personality.
Now, I would like to comment on the situation in reference to the family reunion, we happen to be at staying at the hotel at the same time as the family reunion group, last June 2012, the group did not appear to be well organized, they were loud, and the children were running all over the hotel. They were drinking in the halls; cooking out on the grill late night, that group was not welcoming at all. If I was the owner, I would not welcome this group in my hotel in the future. the children were also unruly, in the weight room, playing on the elevators. I can see that group does not know how to enjoy a great hotel like staybridge. When I would speak they would look at me, and basically did not return the hello.
The staff remained professional towards the group at all times trying to accommodate their numerous request, I really hope in the future if that group have another family reunion it is not at the Staybridge, they do not appreciate a good clean comfortable hotel, with a wonderful accommodating staff that was always catering to their needs.. We Stayed at the hotel 10 days, what I saw from that group they were awful……I did not let that group destroy my vacation, We just left Staybridge for a girls weekend away with my best Friend. It was her first time staying at the hotel, she enjoyed her stay.

I would also like to comment on the hotel staff that is presently accommodating a group of basically handicapped seniors, who were displaced, due to a flood in Great Oaks Apts,
In Hampton VA, the staff ensured that all the seniors, had comfortable accommodations, the dining staff ensured that the seniors had their breakfast, this hotel was not equipped to handle such a large group of displaced seniors, on an emergency basis, the staff stepped in, to handle that critical situation, everyone is comfortable and happy, due to the due diligence of STAYBRIDGE SUITES entire staff. I want to Thank the entire hotel staff for a job well done in providing for the displaced seniors in their time of need, I also helped a few of the seniors with their meals, everyone was grateful for the service. The hotel continued to accommodate their regular guest as well
I have stayed at this hotel several times last year for an extended period. It is extremely well managed, by the hospitality staff, this hotel is close to all major attractions ... and even the beach was not that far. The bedroom room was extremely comfortable, and the kitchen was well equipped with full refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, the grocery stores Kmart, Food Lion are just around the corner in the shopping plaza but they also offer items for sale at the desk. The spacious rooms-suites are cleaned every day, fresh towels are provided daily, and the housekeeping staff is friendly and very helpful... The location is convenient to Williams’s burg VA, Virginia Beach. I can't say enough well about this hotel. Thank you very much Stay bridge Suites. This is the only hotel we will visit on our vacations. We will stay there again and again. We love this hotel.

cjsmitty,
MD

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side of the Hotel, are pleasant, great view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
You are definitely one of our most special guests. We enjoy each time you stay with us. Your laughter and smile always brightens the day. We look forward to your return to Staybridge Suites Newport News Yorktown and can't wait to see you again this summer. See you soon Ms. Wilson.
Tavernier, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable, roomy, clean, family friendly place to stay. Daily breakfast buffet was fresh and always clean. Service was very good. Jordan and Kelly at the front desk were very accommodating. Great deal.

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. Staybridge Suites Newport News Yorktown is always here whenever you want to come back to relax this summer . See you soon.
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This was a perfect place to spend the night. We travelled from Connecticut to Yorktown for the wine fest and then checked into our room. It was very clean and spacious enough. They provided Milano cookies upon check in and gave us a WiFi number for computer access. My husband took a shower and then was looking online for dining options. That's when I decided to take a nap -- what ended up to be a twelve hour nap! I haven't slept this good in, well, like ever! Okay, can't wait for breakfast. I'm hungry!

Oh, the hotel is located beside a lake and around the corner is a shopping center with a grocery store and local restaurants. The hotel provides amenities such as a business center, a library, and exercise center.

Nothing negative about this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
We are glad you traveled so far to the Staybridge Suites Newport News Yorktown. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation. Please give us a call the next time you come down for our wine festivals before you make your reservation. Thanks for the great comments.
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed in the Staybridge Suites for over 2 momths while I was in the process of relocating for my new job. The rooms were clean and the staff always went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable. I really enjoyed the breakfast and evening meals. It was a great opportunity to socialize with others in a relaxed environment.

I would definitely recommend this home-away-from-home to all of my friends and collegues. My company will continue to use this facility to house all of their relocating personnel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Great review. We do our best to be considered your home away from home. Staybridge Suites Newport News Yorktown thanks you selecting us and we look forward to your return. See you soon.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business. I stayed 22 nights. The staff was friendly and the room was nice and clean. The room also had a kitchenette. I had a weekly problem with the toilet but staff was very friendly about fixing it. There was free breakfast and evening happy hour with food. The hotel is walking distance to Kmart and UNO restaurant. Walmart is about a mile and a half away. The mall is not far away from the hotel if you forget something. Its less than 5 miles away. This hotel is about 30 minutes from Virginia Beach and 30 minutes the opposite way to Williamsburg Outlet Shopping Center. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Well glad you chose us over our competitors to stay for such a length of time. You are now part of our Staybridge Suites Newport News Yorktown family. We welcome you whole-heartedly on your next visit. Hope to see you again real soon.

Been to Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown? Share your experiences!