“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've been staying at this marriott for at least 10 years. It's a very welcoming place, quiet, well maintained and meeting the standard we expect of a marriott courtyard. It's in a park like setting located close to numerous restaurants and a very nice shopping area. Movie theaters nearby and an indoor pool make this an attractive place for families.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Courtyard Yorktown. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in our area.
Thanks for choosing our hotel.

Tracey Spencer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to visit the east coast (being from California) and visited Yorktown and other sites. We choose to stay in Yorktown as it was centrally located to the sites we were to visit. This hotel was ideal. From the cheery welcome by the staff to the friendly last day, we enjoyed the hotel to the highest. The Bistro was fun and entering. The pool was ideal (if not a little bit over crowded) and the rooms were very comfortable, clean and spacious. We will definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs! We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Courtyard Yorktown. I have shared your review with the entire staff. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

At Your Service

Darlington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was a very nice place to stay,clean large room. It was very quiet and the staff were very nice.You are able to walk to get something to eat or you can eat at the hotel.We felt safe staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown Virginia. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.
We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Yorktown, Virginia.

Newark, Delaware, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I believe anyone can have a bad day. My issue had to do with the disregard of my profile as it related to "Feather Free Room." I did not realize until 11PM when I was going to bed that the pillows on my bed were down feather. For me it is not just a preference; it is a necessity to have the hotel verify and honor this need. I have allergies and Asthma and as soon as I turned down the covers my throat started to close.
Now the hotel did change them out in 45 minutes and they provided a recompense as well as some meals to offset my issue. But with this kind of a need, I would prefer they get it right the first time. All the people showed concern after the fact. That is why I would still use this property - all the staff genuinely care. Their meals are tasty and and the rooms are very nice.
But Please, Please, no feathers in the future.

Room Tip: On check-in, make sure they check your profile
Green Features: The hotel segregated paper from plastic. In the rooms they used a single serving type of coffee maker to minimize the use of glass pots. I would suggest that they provide recycle containers in the guest room. This would enable guests to active participate in the re-cycling efforts of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Newport News Yorktown.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your room. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You can rest assured your concerns had been address and appropriate actions has been taken. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

TRACEY SPENCER
> General Manager
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We just got back and our stay was excellent. We will be staying there again in the future because of the staff. The hotel is good but standard is raised by the wonderful staff. Tanisha cleaned our rooms VERY VERY well which was important considering we have two small babies. The Starbucks coffee and the bistro was made better by the employees who really worked very hard to make the food/drinks delish!!!! Loved the French toast and cappacinnos!!! Only issue is had with the hotel is that we went to the pool area to relax and get the kids tired but another family was being ruff splashing and jumping off the sides just taking over the whole pool then we got eat up by Mosquitos because the doors to the pool area was left open to the outside. All in all it was still a great hotel and we slept very well because I don't think the hotel could help those issues. We will be back again soon!

Stayed June 2014
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Good day Lizvt1,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay while visiting the Hampton Roads area!

It is always great when I receive such warm and heartfelt accolades regarding the hotel and our staff. We strive daily to ensure that each guest feels at home and their stay is a memorable one that is sure to bring them back.

I do apologize that your children weren't able to fully enjoy the pool. I know how important it is to be able to relax with your children.

Thank you again for staying with us, and I personally welcome you back the next time you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area as we truly value your business.

Gainesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. Hotel is located a few blocks off of Interstate 64 so there is no highway noise. Rooms and lobby are clean, updated and comfortable. Nice indoor pool and spa. Landscaping around the building was well groomed and even had flags for the holiday. Nice to have a couple of choices to eat near by. At check-in, the front desk staff was not very warm and welcoming. As a Marriott gold member did not receive any perks!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good day FrequentTraveler1225,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay during the Memorial Day weekend.

I am glad to hear that the outside decor was something that stood out to you. We honor those who protect and serve our country just as we honor those who are loyal to the Marriott brand such as yourself.

I understand the importance of being recognized for your continued loyalty and I personally apologize that you were not given the perks you were entitled to as a loyal Gold member. We strive to ensure that each guests especially our Marriott Reward members are recognized for their loyalty.

Again, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will come back to stay with us the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area as we sincerely value your business.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I travelled to the Historic Triangle with another mom and our 7 kids, so hassle-free lodging was a must. We received a good rate for our rooms and check in was a breeze. The kids loved the pool, and the lady at the front desk was very helpful--even came to get us at the pool when the pizza delivery guy showed up earlier than expected! No breakfast included, but the a la carte cash items for sale in the lobby seemed reasonably priced and fresh. I really enjoyed the lobby decor and layout--modern and living-room style. The one drawback: There were no kid-type channels and no movies on demand. Not usually a big deal for me, but I had promised the kids pool, pizza, and a movie.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Good day Kelly D,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown with your family and friends!

I understand the importance of traveling with children that your accommodations be affordable, comfortable and offer certain amenities pleasing to the guests. I am glad that the children enjoyed the pool area, and that the Front Desk Ambassador was pleasant and helpful during your pizza delivery.

Our staff understands the importance of ensuring that each guest experience is a pleasant one and I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations of the check-in process and accommodations.

I also wanted to share with you know that we do offer kid type channels such as Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and the Cartoon Network as well as movies on demand in each room. I do apologize that you were unable to view them during your visit as I fully agree that it is important to have certain viewing options available to every age.

Again, thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, and I personally welcome you back the next time you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area as we value your business.

Tracey Spencer

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!