Save Saved
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Yorktown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very nice hotel. Stayed Labor Day weekend. Excellent location to 2 of my favorite restaurants - Ruby Tuesday & Texas Roadhouse. Both in the parking lot can walk to. Front desk staff very courteous especially at check-in. Gave me a virtual tour of the hotel. Definitely made me feel welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Good Day Leroy D,

Thank you for such a great review and I will be sure to share it with the entire staff!

We strive to make each guest that walks through our doors feel that "at home" welcome feeling and I am glad to hear that you felt it from the moment you checked in.

Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, is conveniently located where many guests can enjoy some of their favorite restaurants and I'm glad to hear that two of yours were within walking distance.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your holiday stay and we look forward to you returning the next time you are in the Yorktown area.

Have a great day!

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lake of Ozarks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights at this hotel while in the Williamsburg and Yorktown area. The hotel is located in a nice suburban area with good restaurants very close to the property. If you like Mexican, try the restaurant in the shopping center across the street from the hotel. We had a King suite that was very clean and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and very responsive to the only small problem that we encountered during our stay. The breakfast was not free and we did not eat at the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good day Billatlake!

Thank you for choosing to the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay!

I am glad to know that your stay was a pleasant one and that my Front Desk staff was not only friendly, helpful and responsive to the small issue. It's our continued goal to ensure that all your needs are met with excellence and in a timely manner.

We look forward to you coming back to visit with us the next you are in the Yorktown area.

Have a great day!

Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have to say we really enjoyed out stay at the Courtyard. The front desk staff was very helpful,delightful and engaging.I would def stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.The suite we had was the best suite in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good day Woube G,

Thank you for such a great review & for staying with us here at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown!

I am glad to hear that you would recommend our property to others and that you would definitely be returning the next time you are in the Yorktown area. It will be our pleasure to see you again!

I am especially proud to hear that the staff made your stay a pleasurable one and that your suite met and exceeding your expectations.

Again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown!

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

A nice hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. The free wi-fi is nice, though it seemed to not be working all the time. Bed was comfortable and everything was clean. I think Courtyard are good comfortable hotels and this one certainly confirmed that impression. I would stay there again when visiting Newport News.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Good day Natsfan24,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay, I will be sure to share your review with the entire staff. It's always great to hear that our guests find our property to meet and exceed their expectations. We want to always ensure that every guest is comfortable and their stay is a pleasant one.

I do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during the time the Wi-Fi seemed to be having connectivity issues; I understand how frustrating that can be.

I personally would like to welcome you back to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown the next time you are visiting in the Newport News/Yorktown area.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a one night business trip. My needs were minimal, a clean, quiet place near my business visit. My room was that and more. The staff was polite. There are places to eat and drink within walking distance before 10:00 PM. I got to check out at 1:30 PM with no problem. Breakfast was free.

Room Tip: They have balconies.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Good day Robert,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay in the Yorktown area!

I am glad to hear that everything met your needs and exceeding your expectations. It is our goal to ensure that all guests that walk through our doors feel welcomed and our staff exceeds their expectations.

I personally welcome you back to stay with us the next time you are in the Yorktown area on business or pleasure as we value your business.

Thank you again, for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently I traveled to Newport News Virginia for business and my company put me up at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown. I was so impressed with the beauty of the property, the friendliness of the staff, and the comfort of the accommodations that when I needed to return on business I requested that I be allowed to make my own reservation and requested that I stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown again. My company obliged and I immediately got on the phone to make my reservation.

Tiffany, a front desk agent, was an absolute delight to work with. She assisted me with my reservation, assuring me that she would do her best to get me on a top floor and away from the elevator and upon my arrival she did just that. Because I am also a vegetarian and do not like to eat out, I typically do all my own food preparation in my room and she, as she did on my previous visit, assisted in getting me a plate, silverware, bowl, and knife for cutting veggies. Tiffany also was a huge help in providing information on where I could go get my nails done, find karaoke, buy groceries, and gave me excellent directions to all locations.

On this visit I also received a hand written note from the General Manager that was slid under my room door. I loved the personal touch from the GM that showed I wasn't just some person, but a valued guest.

Because I do not like having anyone in my room during my stays due to the crazy work hours I have when traveling to Virginia, I always had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, so I did not receive any room service, however, when I would go ask for items from the housekeepers, they were always happy and willing to provide me with the needed items. If they didn't have the items on their carts, they would immediately go and get the items and bring them to my room.

Due to the fact that I was traveling for business I needed to have secure access to internet, not only on my laptop computer, but also on my cell phone. I had great internet service while staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown and the one time internet was knocked out (due to the storm I'm sure) it was addressed and fixed immediately.

I am also big on exercising and was impressed with the equipment in the Fitness room. Very modern and up-to-date with a wide variety of machines and weights. I love that the fitness room is open 24 hours as I don't typically get back to the property until after midnight each day. The fitness room was well stocked with towels as was the pool area. The pool and hot tub were very clean and set at comfortable temperatures.

The courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown is absolutely the place to stay when traveling for business or personal vacation/holiday. If I need to travel back to Virginia for personal or business, I will most definitely stay at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown and I will be calling and asking for Tiffany!!!

Thank you Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown and Tiffany for such a great stay once again.

Gina Davis

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall on the top floor tend to be more quiet. Balcony room s are nice for g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Gina,

Reviews like yours are what continually make my job as General Manager such a joy! I want to personally “Thank You” for returning to stay with us while you were here on business. I feel that taking just a few moments to hand write a welcome letter to some of our guests is just another way to say how much we appreciate & value your business.

It’s always great to have guests who feel that the staff and property has exceeded their every expectation and more. I will be sure to share with the entire staff, especially Tiffany that their work ethics and outstanding customer service continues to “WOW” guests such as yourself.

I am also pleased to know that the property amenities, such as the fitness center being available 24 hours a day was able to accommodate your busy schedule and you were able to still get your workout in. I’d like to say that Tiffany is definitely a gem to us here at the Courtyard; her personality and wealth of knowledge about the surrounding area is such an asset to the team as a whole.

Again, Gina, thank you for coming back to stay with us, and we welcome you back the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area on business or pleasure.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great location - walking distance to two restaurants. Great staff - very friendly.

Things were not exactly smooth at first but how the staff handled the situation made a fan.

We originally had a room on the 3rd floor but the elevator decided to break at that exact moment. Our trip had already been messed up by US Airways arriving 6 hours late and I was in no mood to carry my 50lb bag up 3 flights of stairs. One of the maintenance workers immediately saw what was going on and said, "I'll carry your bag. No problem!" Very sweet of him and most appreciative but I was also in no mood to hoof it up and down 3 flights in that heat myself. The front desk found another room on the first floor and, I'm not joking, 3 employees ran to the room to give it a once over. One ran to get towels. One was wiping everything down. One was inspecting the rest of the room.

I'd nominate that team for an award. Message me if you know of such a thing. Amazing...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
WISCGirl,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown and I personally want to thank you for your patience and understanding about the elevator malfunctioning just as you were trying to get to your room. I understand how frustrated and exhausted you must have been after the airlines delayed your flight 6 hours.

We want every guest to feel at home when they stay with us, and having my staff assist you with your bags and ensuring that the room you were moved to was pleasantly accommodating & comfortable. Our goal is to ensure that you were well taken care of inspite of everything you experienced prior to your arrival and the elevator malfunctioning.

Again, I want to "thank you" for staying with us, and hope that the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area you will come back to Courtyard Yorktown as we truly value your business!

At Your Service,

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!