“Fresh and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fresh and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Bueatiful, clean and spacious new room had no reservation but wasn't a problem friendly and accomodating staff they serve drinks in the lobby and food a little pricey though restaurants within walking distance will return when we are in the area again

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I've been Platinum on Marriott for YEARS! I stayed at 165 Marriott properties last year alone! Yes, I have my favorites! I love Zurich dowtown and Marriott Heidelberg, Iliani in Hawaii, Marriott at Lake Union in Seattle and many others and I stay at alot of propertis here in Europe! This property has - By Far the BEST Customer Service EVER! I was told they pride themselves on Customer Service - and they do! They were the only Marriott property that would provide to/from trans to the Airport on Memorial Day Weekend. I was greetd by a great lady and the happiness never stopped! Everyone from the maid to the Manager is very nice and helpful! The property just went thru a 2 Million dollar renovation and is in a Great location. Located in the suburbs of Yorktown on a Golf Course! Plenty of food choices across the street and great jogging and walking trails!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I called after midnight hoping to be able to get a room, after an exhausting drive from the north. Got an excellent rate for a 2 night stay. The location could not have been better, whatever I needed was nearby. The staff was wonderfully accommodating and very friendly. The hotel is undergoing renovations but did not interfere in any way with my rest.
Highly recommend this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had a great stay. Everyone working at the hotel made sure that all our needs were taken care of. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. Even though the hotel was undergoing reconstruction, our stay was very pleasant. The pool was not available, but the staff said that they would furnish us transportation to another location if we wanted to swim. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I arrived relatively late for me - about 8pm. Someone else had booked the room, but I have used Courtyards in the past with no trouble.

The elevator was sort of in service -- some trouble apparently. The front desk was pleasant. The rooms (and I changed once) stunk of fresh paint. Even with the fan on high, I could not lower the smell.

I requested another room and it too was freshly painted and stunk slightly less.

I would have gone to another hotel, but I was exhausted from a long day and simply took several aspirin and fell asleep.

My advise to Marriott -- when you paint your hotel rooms, air them out before you let guests in. I appreciate your efforts to continue your revenue stream, but I am not going to stay at this place again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at this property last weekend and had a wonderful experience. I was attending my nieces wedding and needed assistance with hair recommendations, wardrobe selection and adjustments. Weda and Bobbi really went way beyond their scope of job. After returing from the wedding reception I had severe heartburn. Bobbi found me a carton of milk!!! Thank goodness. I would have otherwise had a horrible night! Thank you both.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have stayed here before and were not particularly concerned about the construction when we arrived. Staff apologized for the "mess" which was actually not a problem for us. There was no construction noise and we were not inconvenienced by it. The breakfast room had been relocated, but we were delighted to be welcomed by staff we had gotten to know on a prior stay. We talked with a number of staff including the hotel manager, and all live up to the quality we expect from Marriott and usually get. Location is great, close to restaurants and easy access to interstate but far enough away to feel like you are not in the middle of traffic. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!