“very cheap rates for a tattered motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Willcox

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Willcox to your Saves list
Motel 6 Willcox
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   921 North Bisbee Ave., I-10 at Rex Allen Drive, Exit #340, Willcox, AZ 85643   |
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Willcox
Chicago, Illinois
“very cheap rates for a tattered motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

the teen desk clerk was sullen and needs to be trained in basic social skills!! the ice machine was still broken but the office sometimes had small amounts of ice to give out. the towels, curtains and carpet were very tattered and raggedy. but the lighting in the room was good, everything worked fine, it was warm, no bugs, basically clean. so for the price it was an ok place to stay. the interstate, gas stations, safeway, dollar stores, restaurants, etc. are all within 2 blocks of the motel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely lad was happy to show me our room before we confirmed whether to stay or not. The price was so low, I was worried - needlessly.

Room and bathroom looked clean - room a lot smaller than most. Struggled to find a place to put two suitcases.

Was on the verge of giving this 4 stars, and then I found hairs on my pillow cases. The sheets were fine. So, only average from me - 3 stars for the low price.

• Stayed January 2012
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel owner is too cheap to spend money to maintain it well. The swimming pool was closed due to not being cleaned. The ice machine was broken. The water came out from the weird shower head was too small to shower and strong enough to hurt you. I had to unscrew the shower head to take a shower.

However, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Due to there was no refrigerator in our room, they offered me to put my food in their refrigerator. I also got a bucket of ice from the front desk when I asked for it. In the end, I still recommend this hotel due to its friendly staff and its unbeatable rate in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Stayed at this Motel 6 for 1 night on our way back home from California. THis hotel had no frills. 1 problem we did have was that the shower water-head was wierd....the water came out so fast strong it hurt you!! And there was no hot water? I am giving this place a thumbs up (recommend staying) because it was an ok budget friendly place to sleep for 1 night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010 via mobile

When we first arrived the lady at the front desk was very nice, no complaints there. We were excited that this particular motel6 had a pool. Once we got into the room, however, things changed. Before we even tried sleeping we had to kill at least 20 bugs that were in the room. Moths, flies, mosquitoes, beetles, and other little black bugs. After this killing spree we were skeptical about the quality of the pool. We went to look at it and came across more beetles, flies, and other sorts of bugs. They were either dead in the pool or swimming on top or walking across the buoys. We returned to our hotel room to kill more bugs and only walked around in our shoes, no bare feet. The carpet is stained beyond belief. Essentially the room made us feel gross. We've definitely seen better motel6s for the same price.

• Stayed March 2011
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I arrived in Willcox in the late afternoon without a reservation, and checked out the Motel 6 first. The friendly desk clerk gave me a small discount without being asked even without which the room would have been a good deal. Everything was clean and there was free coffee at the front desk. The room was on the side closer to the interstate than most rooms, but I didn't find the traffic noise to be a problem. There is a good Mexican restaurant closeby and a decent diner for breakfast. I think that this motel is a good choice for an inexpensive stay in Willcox.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
mesa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

The room was clean but it was very very cold..Heater didn't seem to work at all ... and the sheets were full of detergent smell.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Willcox? Share your experiences!