“" Superless" Stay at the Willcox AZ Super 8” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Willcox
Tucson
“" Superless" Stay at the Willcox AZ Super 8”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

Location to the Chirachuas great. Super 8 not so great.....bad mattress, telephone and clock radio did not work. Breakfast had a few sad choices, cold cereal,waffles, toast, really really bad coffee. Will stay somewhere else next time.

\pard\pardeftab720\sl640\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
\
}

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nampa, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

For this trip, I just needed a comfortable and secure place to sleep, with most of my time invested away from the hotel. I've had good luck with Super 8s before and this one was nearly as good as most I've stayed at. The location was conveniently close to I-10 and yet far enough to be reasonably quiet. The breakfast was on the thin side compared to other Super 8s and most places that offer a free breakfast, but I was able to get some juice and cereal and add to that with groceries I was getting for other meals. The TV was a standard definition set, though a fairly large variety of channels. It was clear that the hotel had been around for awhile, but it was clean, and the rate was fair for what was there. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you require a micro fridge and/or microwave, be sure to ask about that ahead of time, as not all...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

Just a few days ago, I arrived at this motel with my 6 yr old son. I asked the motel attendant for availability, and if I could see one of the rooms. He led me to a nearby room, and it seemed acceptable, although it was a smoking room. I requested an NON smoking room, and was checked in at appx. 1:00 AM. My son and I had started settling in, and he laid down on the bed to go to sleep. I went into the bathroom to change, and when I came out a few moments later to check on him, there was a large cockroach crawling across my son's legs on the bed. It scurried away & we tried removing the bedding to find it (and thus take a photo, to prove our case), but we could not. I immediately got my son and myself dressed, and we fled the room. We left the card key on the office counter, and I indicated to the room attendant that we were leaving and pointed to the office counter so he could see the room key there. Hotel attendant was on his way away somewhere, but he did glance over to the desk where the room key was. Our departure happened only 15 minutes after we had arrived, so appx. 1:15 AM. Attendant did not make any attempt to ask for our reason for such a hasty departure, or why we were fleeing the hotel in such a manner. (Throughout the entire ordeal, hotel attendant had a dour, unfriendly, "you bother me" attitude). I had to drive home all night in light of this experience. I'm now disputing this charge on my cc, as I expected, hotel manager insists there are no cockroaches in the motel........hmmmmm....WHY then, did we FLEE this hotel at 1:15 AM, after having settled in just 15 minutes earlier?? If I'm ever in the Willcox area, again, I'll just snooze outside a gas station, in my car of course.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Fayetteville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

We stayed 6 nights it was not the best but it was a place to sleep and shower, Beds were ok the pillows were not good at all needed more then one to sleep with, beds were low to the ground. had 2 chairs (needed to be cleaned or replaced) and a table, tv stand with 2 drawers, and lighting was good, not enough outlets, The wireless didn't work well but i had my mifi. The shower curtain rod was not hooked up right in the wall so the curtain would go to the middle and all the water would go onto the floor, so the 2nd day my daughter went to the front desk to let them know and a guy came right away to fix it but all he did was put some cardboard behind the plate where the screws were and that didn't help anything, and the toilet seat was broken he would fix it. The breakfast wasn't good we only seen they had waffles,the batter had a funny taste once it was cooked. cereal, milk and orange juice and some all ready wrapped danish's not a big choice. there is a McDonald's, Burger king across the street and a Safeway just down the street with a Starbucks in it, also a TA truck stop across the street. Did see 2 roach's in the room. there is a hot tub and a indoor swimming pool but we didn't use it. room had microwave and a small refrigerator and coffee maker. Will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Lobby had a strong musty odor noticeable on arrival. The check in clerk was personable, friendly and made me feel welcome. the Room: A 3/4 inch black crawled out from the pillow area onto my neck. Killed bug. No others sighted. Pillow case did not appear to be fresh. the shower curtain rod bows downward, thus shower curtain not effective.Needs repair. Checkout clerk had difficulty putting down his book to provide service. I ws obviously an impediment to his reading.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Willcox? Share your experiences!