“Try it you won't be disappointed” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   350 Lawton Avenue, Sulphur, OK 73086   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Sulphur B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mustang, Oklahoma
“Try it you won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

The staff was very nice and professional. People do not miss out on the couples massage- incorporation of massage, hot towels and stones (to die for)! The food was fantistic. If the couple that commented about the $49 dinner had had it they would have understood your paying for quality. To suggest that Joe chimmed in before is crazy he and his staff were to busy serving clients. The ambiance of this place was fantistic!!! Well appointed and not the run of the mill. I will definetly be going back!
Joe, hats off to place well done.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Nice quiet getaway

Staff
Very nice and helpful, never had a problem

Rooms
Very clean, well kept and decorated. The hot tub with mineral water was a great in room feature. Nice patio overlooking a nature area.

The food was way better then we expected and we enjoyed a fantastic dinner that was worth the cost. Wait staff at dinner was excellent also.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
plano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away ..." - This is exactly how we felt every minute of our stay last weekend.
We arrived late on Friday evening to the nicest welcome from Carol VanHorn. Our suite was so far beyond anything I would have ever imagined. The furnishings, the view, the space, the bed(I have NEVER slept so well), the balcony. We did not want to go to bed because we wanted to take it all in. So, we took a midnight jacuzzi bath that was located in the room (complete with detox salts and fed from the mineral springs). The next two mornings we had a huge breakfast and the dinner - I was speechless. To say this is 5 star is not giving it justice. Our spa experience was second to none (try the couples massage) and when it came time to leave I was saddened like no other trip I have ever taken. This is a bargain at twice the price (and I thought it was pricey when we booked it)
I feel I will be shortchanged on every trip I take in the future, as I will compare it to this one.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

My husband and I took our Moms for a belated Mother's Day getaway. We booked three rooms in the manor and several spa options. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the upstairs rooms are extremely spacious... great bathrooms. We loved the outdoor hot tub, the peacefulness of the house, the service... but we especially loved the food and the spa! Our spa treatments, especially the massages, were the best we had ever experienced. The breakfasts were very enjoyable. However, the big surprize were the dinners. I was a bit concerned about the cost; but after just one dinner, we had to book a second! We have never enjoyed a meal as much as we did these multi-course sensations. We raved over every bite. We are all retired and on fixed incomes and we believe that we received much more than expected for our money. Our Moms were delighted and felt very honored by the service and smiles that they received from the Van Horns and their staff. We can't say thank you enough. We certainly hope to return in the future.

• Liked — Everything blended together to make a great resort.
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

The Van Horn's are in the B & B business because they love people and they love what they do. It makes a BIG difference! I have been to B & Bs before and the owner's attitudes can make or break your experience. I brought a group of women to Echo Canyon on several occasions for a retreat and got much more than I expected - very comfy beds, engaging hosts, relaxing, immaculately clean, beautiful antiques and the food was beyond compare. I have since taken my daughters several times for a relaxing weekend. I cannot recommend this place highly enough based on my 5 experiences with them.

• Liked — Surroundings comfortable, relaxing and lovely. Food unbelievable!
  • Disliked — Beautiful antiques butI am not an antique person.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

I wanted to get out of town for a few days over the Christmas break. Didn't expect how wonderful this place turned out to be. The hosts were so friendly and so genuine. The room was so nice and cozy. I can't say enough about the food. Fantastic presentation, taste, and enough to share. The fresh peach cocktail was addicting. Delicious! The massages were great. Just a really relaxing stay.

• Liked — The Food was wonderful
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

OMG! My husband and I have traveled the world and we have never had a more wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived until they had to "force us to leave" (just kidding) we were in heaven.
We arrived in the middle of the afternoon in time to check in before our Couples Massage. Our room was huge, the jacuzi hot & bubbly and the scenery amazing. I have had many massages and this one was tops!! The hot stone treatment was "to die for".
Our gourmet dinner was exceptional. Even my husband could not finish his meal there was so much food. But we both sampled the dessert anyway and we were sure glad we did. Everything was melt in your mouth delicious.
After an incredible nights sleep, the magnificent breakfast of homemade waffles, speciality "oriental" eggs, perfect potatoes and biscuts and gravy, was all topped off with the best fresh fruit toppings in the world. All the fruit was grown on the premisies and the bird watching out our dining window as we relaxed over coffee was a special treat!
Carol and Joe, the owners and hosts, were delightful. This is one place I will be returning to over and over again! It was truely the PERFECT experience!! I have found my slice of heaven on earth!!

Stayed January 2008

Been to Echo Canyon Spa Resort? Share your experiences!