“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 20 hotels in Ventura
Tucson
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We checked into 3 rooms, 2 of them had urine smells in them, one had a bed that you sank into the middle of the bed. The windows wouldn't open or close. No refigerators, it was a $10.00 charge. No hair dryers, you were allowed only one class in the bath room no exceptions! We asked to look at another room, same disappointing results, plus it was right next to the exit to the coke machine. The cleck had to search for a ice bucket. So, unheathly. I wouldn't step on the carpets as they smell as though they hadn't been cleaned in years. When we checked in my sister who made the reservations was told we weren't in there system, even though we had the reservations in hand. She had asked for close by rooms, totally unaccomating when we check in!
They place has such potential, great location, and fabulous looking from the outside, and did I mention it's a free for all for parking. We checked out, with no charge that night. What a dissappointment....

Room Tip: We only spent a few hours in this hotel until we found another hotel in Ventura. What a classy looki...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a terrible place to stay. It is located next to a park where all the homeless people in Ventura sleep. We had homeless people smoking drugs within 10 feet to our window. There were also homeless people wandering through the lobby and courtyard. This is unacceptable as there is no security presence of any form. We felt so unsafe that we left after 20 minutes. What's worse is that they still tried to charge us the full amount for 2 nights. Good thing we used a credit card as the charges had to be reversed by them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I did nit even check in. I was going to, looked at the room, very musty smelling like dead humidity.
I saw a dead cockroach in the bath tub and scooted out of there. Where there is one there is more. Time to call the bug killer. Also, I am not going to use Hotels.com, Priceline, none of those for hotels. Only for cars. Reason, if you change your mind on the car your ok. On a motel you are screwed no matter the reason if you want to change plans. Hotel chains have free room deals too. You do not save money in the long run. I have paid for 5 nights last two weeks I did not use because of dirty hotels. My fault, read the reviews for sure!!!!!

FA and LA Fargo ND

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Spent 2 nights at this hotel. Room was large and comfortable and staff very nice. My main complaint was that they weren't truthful about the Jacuzzi not heating up and no wifi in the rooms. They said "someone was working on it" instead of just being up front with the information. Don't look for a full breakfast......only cold cereal, muffins and juice.
The view over the park would have been nicer had there not been homeless people laying around all day, but that's not the fault of the hotel.
I do have a suggestion for the cleaning staff that they not use so much disinfectant when doing the rooms. Took forever for the smell to clear out!
I would stay at this hotel again, if I get back up to Ventura.

Room Tip: The room with the balcony facing the park is larger, if you don't mind the "entertainment&q...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked 3 rooms for a wedding and reception. I was wary about the location and hotel but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has a wonderful lobby and eating area. I really enjoyed the location so close to downtown and the local beach. I always stop by Tony's Pizza when I am in town and this was in walking distance. The rooms were good. The only complaint is that the pillows are a bit flat. I will definitely want to stay there again. For the price, value and location I have not stayed at a better place in Ventura.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ventura
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

When we got there they did not have one of our reservations but accomadated us anyway. However when we checked out they said they would not charge us, as we prepaid online when we reserved the two rooms, and would check with them and call me if there was any discrepancy. I received no call and got home to (2) charges on my CC. The rooms were OK but we had no way to reenter our rooms as the keycard machine was down. I don't think we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Palmdale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Where do I start?! Staff was very rude, lost our reservation, then charged us $25 more for a room with 2 beds, Garbage in the hallway was never picked up from the time we arrived until the time we left. Cob webs on the walls, burn mark on the bedspread, stains on the underside of the spread, windows did not close, which was disturbing as our room looked out over a park filled with homeless people. There was mold behind the faucet in the bathroom. Breakfast was dismal to say the least, we couldn't wait to leave. Will NEVER go back, stay away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Clocktower Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!