“Really great room!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Ventura
Springfield, Missouri
“Really great room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was hesitant on staying here because of the numerous negative reviews, but we were running out of options for the night, and they were the only hotel within 30 miles in our price range, so we took a chance and stayed here.

I'm so glad we did!

The outside of the building is very attractive and clean, and our room is gorgeous! Freshly remodeled, everything is very modern and clean. Fun wall colors. Pseudo - hardwood floors. Comfy beds and pillows. Funky countertop sink design. Very unique and unexpecting!

I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

any motel that allows "long term" residency will always attract a certain clientele, as is usually evidenced by plants in the window of their respective unit. within five minutes of arrival, the tatted out hsipanic at the top of the stairs is joined by his equally appointed brethren, and a discussion as to current issues with “south side versus north side” ensues (and I mean this literally). noise within the unit, far above average, but not to worry. a majority of the sound was transmitting through the door, not the window. removal of the mattress from the second bed, and tilting it up against the door with the chair to support it proved adequate barrier from said distraction. The overwhelming odor of pine-sol and assorted cleaning agents all of which must have included generous portions of bleach required jamming the door open, sliding the windows open, and cranking the fan on high for a good hour before it was aired out. one must question what events transpired to require such disinfecting measures.

in short, this place is a dump, with a capital “F”. I should have dug deeper into online reviews prior to our stay, but neglected to do so as this stay was a last minute, last second event. a lot of 1 star ratings depending on website. no shampoo or conditioner, charging for internet, par for the course given the savings achieved by low rates. but all else considered, the cost savings didn’t come close to substantiating the balance of the drawbacks.

this hotel has pigeonholed itself. location, acceptance of guests of questionable background or intent, dilapidated facilities and appointments, tube televisions from the 80’s, I could go on for hours.

highly un-recommended.

concerned that my opinion won’t be voiced? worry not, as copies of this will be on yelp and trip-advisor by the time you’ve read this, and every other site that has any capacity to post opinion.

cheers

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

So I travel for a living and I stayed everything from the Fairmont to well uh THIS, so its not like I expect a Motel 6 to be a Hyatt or even a Best Western but I feel hotels / motels have some obligation of providing at least a safe environment. Had I not had a dog with me or I left for sure. ( I feel safer with a dog here.)

The Pros: Cheap, fairly quite with the exception of the fire alarm going off 2 times in the middle of the night due to unattended teens.

The Cons:
Very tiny and I mean tiny Jail Cell uh I mean Hotel room. Tho I have a feeling the cliental feels more at home in the jail cell type room if you get my drift.
Hookers and other unsavory business being conducted at all hours at this property. By Guest and unregistered guest. Good luck getting a decent towel or sheets or a pillow not yellow stained. A/c did not work and toilet ran all night and day but I got lucky my friend had to clean the toilet in her room. I smoke but I hate seeing burns on everything including the floor.
Decent police presents keeps some of the trouble down I assume.

They claim they are remolding. Well I got news for them it won't help unless they start refusing some guests from a stay. I never stay hear if I had kids!! I never stay if I was a woman alone!

Bottom line if your desperate on a road trip tired and its just for one night go for it. Otherwise I stay else where plenty of nice hotels up the street.

Room Tip: Theres not one here!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
STEVENSON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Economy lodging is difficult to come by in this part of the world so this motel is an option. It may not be as fancy as Sandyland reef right down the road but I feel more comfortable here. The service was excellent and yes it's time for some improvements which I believe is in the making. I don't really like motel 6 because of the nonconformity from motel to motel. I was told that the corporate Motel 6s get regular inspections which is badly needed in most places. However for a place to crash this motel will do.

Room Tip: I'd prefer a room facing the courtyard and swimming pool. otherwise in the rear
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a very nice Motel 6, three story with an elevator. Room are typical Motel 6, but property is well kept and nice looking.
I thought the 101 freeway noise would bother me, as I was on 3rd floor on freeway side. Once the door was closed on my room you could not hear traffic.
Nothing really special but for the price in a beach resort town this place was perfect. 5 minutes from the golf course I had come here to play.
Staff very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on non-free way side. Will be perfect and very quite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been on a cross-country trip and was pleasantly surprised by other motel 6's I've stayed at. Not this one. The rooms smell like wet dog, the linens on the beds are stained and had cigarette burns in them. The carpets are old, dirty and stained. Not worth the savings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mission Hills,ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

2 weeks every year for over 10 years. Always a decent place. Now, A DUMP. A dirty smelly,worn out Motel 6. Carpets,sinks, tubs,Disgusting. Outside rear parking lot,trash,trash cans,broken glass,Filthy grounds.Never again....

Room Tip: Check the rooms first before unpacking. We did not and working 12-14 hrs a day,for 2 weeks, our opti...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business