“Pleasant surprise on a budget beach weekend!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 - Ventura Beach

You added Motel 6 - Ventura Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 - Ventura Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2145 East Harbor Blvd, US 101/Ventura Freeway at Seaward Avenue, Ventura, CA 93001   |
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Ventura
Mesa, Arizona
“Pleasant surprise on a budget beach weekend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked this room last minute on a beach trip to Ventura Ca. To my surprise, it was the final weekend of the Ventura County Fair. Despite the crowd, the room was clean and quiet. I could see the beach from my balcony! I drove a few minutes to the downtown shopping area and the walked to the fair on the pier. Turned out to be a great vacation.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oxnard
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The only thing I liked about this was the location..and the staff was friendly...everything else wasnt great. The a/c didnt work so great. The shower pressure was terrible! The parking was ok. There were restaurants near by & the freeway was also

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lalinde, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had this marked on the GPS as a stop, We had our doubts on booking in as the whole place seemed a bit rough when you stopped and looked at the detail,
So my wife asked to see the room beforehand, the woman at the desk who only spoke a little English insisted that we book in first.
Anyway we booked in went to the room on the 2nd floor, Opened the door walked in and we were both nearly sick with the smell, which can only best be described as Very old socks x 10
We was not happy, we had wasted 20 mins booking in for this so back down to the office got our money back and went to the Comfort inn just down the road.

So Don't be tempted with the cheap price, The place is a dump

I would not normally mark so heavy as I know the impact this can have on the hotel and Jobs
but sometime these hotels need a wakeup call and can't expect to just take our money with little or no service in return

Room Tip: Stay Clear is the best tip I can give you
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NEW LONDON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have started to rely on Motel 6 as far as budget National chains are concerned. We stayed here on our way up the coast of California as a stop through on our way to San Fran. Very basic but very clean, with cable, wifi and coffee in the morning... and that's all I need. I think it's brilliant marketing to have a very generous pet policy; it's exposed a whole new demographic to their hotel chain (those traveling with pets). We are 3 weeks into our cross country road trip and we brought our dog...this is the fourth stop that we've stayed in Motel 6- we chose for the pet policy alone. Before this trip I had never stayed in a Motel 6, now I see that they're not bad at all and a great way to stretch your dollar (very important on a 5-6 week trip)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed in 2 Motel 6's (including this one), the one in Beaty was pleasantly good but Ventura was a hovel! The first room we went in had a filthy shower and on the back of the toilet seat, there was human excrement! The cleaner obviously didn't bother to clean it properly.

The room smelt of damp and we moved to another room. The 2nd room was clean, but again smelt of damp.

The bed was the most uncomfortable I have EVER slept in, you could feel the springs coming through the mattress with your hands - I woke up with terrible pains throughout the night where they were digging into me.

The manager of this motel should be ashamed of it!

The area seems very transient and I would honestly not recommend anyone staying here unless there are NO other rooms available in the many motels close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Well, we couldn't get a room in Santa Barbara, so we had to go as far South as Ventura, which was complicated by the fact we were traveling with our dog. Motel 6 is always dog friendly, so we booked the room in Ventura. It's still a fairly easy drive to do what we came to Santa Barbara to do, so the location wasn't bad at all. The room was standard Motel 6 quality - okay bed, hot shower, a chip of soap. It seemed that almost everyone staying there had a dog, and they were pet friendly. The wifi was an additional $2.99, which was okay. But rooms that are far away from the office don't pick up the signal. We survived without a signal for the night and got a $2.99 refund.

The rest of the bad comments about the motel seem a bit over-exaggerated. Our room was clean, the staff were nice, and we got a good night's sleep.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Another Sport Fishing adventure. The location of this motel is excellent if there is nothing else good to be said about it. Oh, and the front staff were very nice and actually professional as well. But the property is a typical dive motel. The first thing that comes to your eye is the filthy concrete sidewalks, covered with stains and old gum. The next thing you notice is the railings on the steps and second floors: rusted and needed a paint job long ago. The parking lot is hardly designed for big rigs, but there are trucks parked all over the place.

The room. One very pleasant surprise about the room we stayed in is that the bathroom had obviously been renovated. They had installed a new shower stall and it was clean and in excellent condition, as was the rest of the bathroom. I am used to seeing mold and mildew in Motel 6 bathrooms, so that was a good mark for this motel. Small bathroom, but don't really care about that.

The room. The bed spreads had holes in them. Looked like cigarette burns perhaps. Unbelievable that they would just keep using bedspreads with holes in them?!! The AC worked, but the cover for it was missing...ugly and very dirty. The window looked like it hadn't been cleaned since......they installed it. There was no alarm clock, no clock of any kind. I have noticed this "trend" at low budget motels so I just bring my own with me, we had to be up at 3:00am to leave on a boat and I don't trust those automated phone calls to wake you up. But, I did ask them to do that, the call came at 3:10am instead of the 3:00am call we asked for.

I have my own wireless - verizon hotspot (you aren't going to get 4G out here, it's 3G only) so I didn't bother to pay for their internet which is usually pretty slow. Apparently this property allows animals, there was a dog barking inside someone's room. I have learned to counter cheap motel noise by bringing a box fan with me and ear plugs. Crazy? Perhaps, but I need my sleep! I didn't experience any bed bug bites. I didn't watch their tv and I didn't use the pool. I personally would not use a public pool in a place like that considering the lack of cleanliness on the rest of the property.

McDonald's is literally right next door. Denny's directly across the street.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 299. Not that it is the best room there, who knows what room is better than others...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 - Ventura Beach? Share your experiences!