We read a couple of reviews beforehand and thought "how bad can it be? It's on the water, it's a Crowne Plaza, it'll be fine."
- The hotel was old, dated, unkempt.
- The bed was hard.
- The towels were old and frayed
- The shower mat was moldy
- The shower water reached a barely bearable warm at best
- The TV was an outdated tube and the remote hardly worked
- I could still see leftover toothpaste from the previous guest(s) on the sink fixtures
- Housekeeping knocked frantically on our door in the early morning
- WORST OF ALL: The noise was awful! We were told on check in that there was a wedding on the 12th floor going on until midnight that would disturb us. We were placed on the 9th floor and felt like we were practically IN the wedding hall.
- On top of that, the sound of the passing trains all night were super loud and made us feel like we were in a trashy place.
Good luck :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the beach between Santa Barbara and Malibu. Near downtown Ventura Beach wine tasting, boutiques, outdoor cafes, and nightlife, Seaside Park, Ventura County Fairgrounds. Outdoor dining with firepits at Aqua Beachfront Bar and C-Street Restaurant. Walk along the Promenade Boardwalk to Amtrak and the historic Ventura Pier. 19,000 square feet of function space including the 6660 sf "Top of the Harbor" Ballroom with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Santa Barbara Channel and the Channel Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach Hotel Ventura
- Ventura Crowne Plaza