“Make sure you stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 382 Restaurants in Ventura
Ventura, California
“Make sure you stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you are visiting the area or just driving through, be sure to stop. It is in a great little shopping center with Barnes and Nobles, etc. It is hard to beat the wonderful bread they are making all day long and the way they cook their chicken for their sandwiches and salads is YUM!

Visited November 2012

Peoria, Illinois
“Best Club Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was the best club sandwich I have ever tasted in my life!!! There were 4 of us and I dont know who had the best dish! The place is a little small but you can dine outdoors. The price is the same as Panera but their sandwiches run circles around that restaurant even though I love Panera also. Just writing this reveiw makes me wish I was still in Ventura! A must try!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atascadero, California
“Must try it -- very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My adult daughter & I were on a "girls trip" heading toward So Cal on 101, and I found Urbane Cafe on Yelp actually. I think it is a newer restaurant in this location. It was highly recommended so we gave it a try. It is close to the freeway ramps for Telephone Rd. exit, on the South East side of 101. They serve sandwiches, soup, & salads. We were stopping for dinner. I had the Urbane Cafe Salad which came with bread kind of like chibatta bread cut into a triangle shape. You order from a counter and they page you in about 5 min. My daughter ordered a sandwich, chicken I think that was very good. We plan to stop back in this restaurant whenever we happen to be traveling up/down Route 101 thru Ventura. BTW, my daughter said, Mom, there is a new Urbane Cafe in downtown San Luis Obispo, CA where we live, so I was surprised. She tried that one also after we got home from our trip & it was equally good. We highly recommend Urbane Cafe. Wonderful, fresh, good wholesome food. The restaurant is kind of small, and it it is nothing fancy, just a small, casual place for a quick meal. I believe there were some tables outside.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arizona, Usa
“Great Place for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I took my daughter out for lunch away from the kids, and stumbled upon this beautiful place to eat. It was jammed with people of all ages. It is a sandwich, soup, salads and drinks shop. We shared a Urbane Cafe Salad and they served it in two plates. It was so big I thought they made a mistake. Included a wonderful bread that they did not share, but gave us both a large piece. You order from a counter and they page you with a vibrating device to let you know the order is ready. With the size of the crowd (a line out the door) I figured it would take quite a while. But in less than 5 minutes, just long enough to get our drinks, our pager started vibrating. The salad was fresh, delicious dressing and, I got to repeat, huge. When in Ventura, CA., and looking for a place to meet friends, family, or solo, I highly recommend the Urbane Cafe. They also cater functions..

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ventura, California
“Best Healthy Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great healthy food, nice friendly people, good setting. I always feel good about what I'm eating when I go there. The chicken sandwhich with chipotle sauce is my fave, my girlfriend loves the salads! She would eat there everyday if she could.

Visited June 2012