“Dinner tip on a road trip” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Californian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Osage Beach, Missouri
“Dinner tip on a road trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Found Cafe Nouveau on Trip Advisor - good but not great place - innovative menu and cute setting - ok service and prices - not a bad place for a nicer than average road trip dinner

Visited August 2014

Palm Springs, California
“Outstanding food in a charming setting at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We absolutely loved this place. We both selected entrees from their "Specialties" menu and were very very pleased. The seafood baked in parchment was to die for. I recommended it to a nearby table and they agreed. The menu is packed with imaginative dishes and they are all served beautifully--and piping hot. We ordered one berry crumble to share for desert and it was more than enough for two. It's in a converted old colonial Spanish hacienda with three or four rooms plus a spacious patio. They serve breakfast and lunch every day (weekend brunch is extremely popular, we hear) and dinner only (I think) Wed - Sat. Their servers are excellent--especially June. She was great. Go. You won't be sorry. We parked in front, but you can also use the city lot across the street.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
san diego
“A Favorite That Never Disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love visiting our son who lives in Ventura and every time we come to Ventura we have Sunday breakfast at Café Nouveau. There is always a line waiting but they have free coffee and the manager even brought my husband one of their fabulous cornbread/blueberry muffins because he thought my husband looked hungry! The outdoor patio is so charming with lots of plants and umbrellas. The patio is old brick with a beautiful fountain in the middle. My husband ordered the Eggs Benedict, the best he has ever had, our son ordered a bowl of the clam chowder which was the very best we have ever tasted. He let us try a taste and was lucky to get it back! He also ordered the Stuffed Poblano which was unbelievably delicious. I ordered my favorite Mediterranean omelet. I also ordered the sweet potato muffins that were wonderful. The menu is very extensive with wonderful dishes to choose from. I must not forget to mention that they included 3 little cupcakes with the check. Such a nice touch! I wish we had a Café Nouveau in San Diego!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, California
“GREAT FOOD AND LOCATION!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My friends and I have had lunch here and will return. Fun old house with a cute patio where we dined both times. The food is fresh and delicious. Having a gluten allergy it was not a problem since they prepare everything in house. We have tried the Cobb Salad, Spicy Jambalaya, Spicy Chicken Poblano, and sandwiches. The food tastes great and the portions are plentiful. This restaurant is worth finding.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California
“A must if in Ventura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I and parents went here after reading all the good reviews. It did not disappoint! I had a wonderful ahi avocado wrap with a delicious mild wasabi dip. A wonderful combination of flavors. My wife had the chicken enchiladas and she thought they were really yummy. Prior to the entree we had a really good focaccia bread with a very flavorful tomato tapenade with bits of artichoke hearts. We topped off the night with a blueberry cherry crumb cobbler type dessert. They also serve Allagash Black, a very good stout from Maine. The service was very good and the prices reasonable for the quality. The place has a great vibe to it. When in Ventura- go to Cafe Nouveau!!