“Beautiful Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yucca Valley, California
“Beautiful Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We only stayed one night here during our vacation. The rooms had nice decor and comfortable beds with balcony overlooking the lovely courtyard. There is a restaurant on the premises called Sunset Grill that serves breakfast and dinner. You have to pay for breakfast so that was one drawback. We ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was surprising very good for a reasonable cost. We will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello rosespeer-
I believe you mean this review for the Best Western in Carpinteria, California which is the town 30 minutes north of us. Thank you =)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Guest Service Representative was rude argumentative and out of control. The manager was not available and can still not be reached by phone. The service here is the worst I have ever had and I would highly recommend that anyone stay next door or even just sleep in your car. You'll get more respect! The hot tub doesn't work and they give hokey excuses and the rooms have bugs and the train blows it's horn as it goes by. All of that is beautiful compared to the attitude of their Guest Service Rep. The lady has the worst manners I have ever seen and it is totally inexcusable! Being rude will not get you customers, and I am happy to say I will not give them another dime of my money. There are cheaper hotels with better service all over town, this place is to be avoided!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Alie J-
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback and I will be sharing this with the entire staff so that we do not miss again when it comes to providing superior customer service.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Amazing staff, Thanks to Sorin we got the BEST room, my Mom is disabled and the room was perfect , great breakfast, and computers, they have a pool and it was filled with happy people
location close to everything
We will stay agin for sure

Room Tip: All rooms are great , of course upper rooms are less noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hey TravelGirlUSA313-
We really loved hearing about your stay. So glad you enjoyed your time here in Ventura and with us! I will definitely be sharing your review with Sorin. We appreciate you and your business and we look forward to welcoming you again!! =)
Carson City, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had come to town for a funeral. Since my mother and children did not feel they could attend the service I needed a room with "early check in" so they would have a place to wait while I went to the service. We got to town the night before and rented the last room available from *the only thing amazing about this hotel, the employee named Sorin*. He was very nice, accommodating and communicative trying to be sure we had what we needed (towels/ roll away bed) and making sure we were comfortable the the pool and hot tub. Unfortunately the train tracks run right next to the building, so it can be really loud. The next morning before 10:00 am we went down for breakfast and since I noticed one customer checking out with a young woman, I approached Monique (the Guest Service Representative) who was just sitting at the counter. I began to tell her that I had seen that they had rooms available for the night on line and that I wanted one She interrupted me and told me that the young woman would "be right with me." So I waited... when the young woman was done helping the customer she had I approached her and explained that I needed a room, but also needed early check in. She redirected me to Monique since (it was my impression) she was being trained and didn't know how to handle the situation. I explained that I was being picked up at 12:30 and needed a room before that time. Once I explained that we where in a room but really needed a second bed she said she would be able to get us into another room, before that moment she acted like she didn't want to help me. She said she would have one cleaned and would call me when it was ready so we could move into it. By noon we had not heard from her and I was getting worried about it so I went back up to the office and asked her if a room was ready yet. She said something like "I have it all under control" and I pointed out that I had walked by several rooms that had 2 beds and where ready. She made some comment like "they have to be alike" which made little to no sense since we where basically trying to upgrade and where willing to pay the increased cost. She did allow us to move into another room at that point because I told her I had to help my family move due to my mom being elderly. Monique was very unreceptive and unhelpful... in fact I felt like she was arguing with me! The next morning we went to the lobby 10 minutes before 10 am to get breakfast and it was already cleaned up. I went to the counter and found a sign saying that the employee would be right back, so I waited. Monique came to the counter 10 minutes later and I explained that we had come up to get some breakfast to take to our room but that it was all gone. She said breakfast ends at 9:30, and I explained that we where told 10:00 and neither she nor the young woman told us it ended at 9:30. She said that all the "hot" food was "gone" and that all that was left was bagels. I told her my daughter wanted bagels so at least she would get food. Monique sighed loudly and went to get bagels for my daughter as if it was a huge inconvenience. Of course had she told us that breakfast ended at 9:30 it would have been a non issue. I was very upset and did not point out that there was also cereal, yogurt, and pastries she could get for us. I ended up buying the rest of my family food since we did not get breakfast. I have stayed at a number of Hotels and many Best Western and have never been more disappointed with the service as I was at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
"Missy H"
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Middleburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice clean rooms. We slept well here. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Nice shops and Resturants with in walking distance. We enjoyed the hot breakfast every morning. We toured Hollywood from here also. Drive time was about 1 hour.

Hey there Michael K!
We want to thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review. We enjoyed hearing about your stay and we appreciate you and your business. We look forward to welcoming you again if ever your travels bring you back our way! =)
Napa Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had some of the best service we've ever had a a Best Western! Alice helped us with everything that we needed. The hotel was very modern for what looked like an older facility! I loved the fact that they had a motion detector in the bathroom - for someone who has to get up in the middle of the night, it was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Barbara A-
Hello and thank you! We sure appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you liked the motion sensor bathroom light. We think its the little conveniences sometimes that make all the difference. =) I will be passing on your awesome review to Alice. We look forward to welcoming you again!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

When we pulled into the hotel, we were a little taken aback - it didn't look like a BW Plus. But we were pleasantly surprised. The exterior is dated but the rooms are very nice and the staff was warm and welcoming. The breakfast is good, too. The hotel is in a great location - only couple of blocks from both the beach and downtown and there are nice restaurants nearby. We took a walk around 9 pm for several blocks around the hotel and felt quite safe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Sara H-
We really enjoyed your review and are so pleased you had a good stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. =)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura? Share your experiences!