“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
LOS ANGELES
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our room was very nice and included a refrigerator and microwave. A good full breakfast was provided. The location is convenient - close to the beach and downtown. The pool is fine, although the jacuzzi is very small.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Antonio F-
Your review is much appreciated, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that when in the Ventura area again you won’t hesitate to let us welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
La Habra, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The people & decor are nice but the room & food quality stink. We stayed in one of their two suites (room 139) & were very disatisfied. The jacuzzi tub didn't work properly, half the jets didn't turn on so only one of us could enjoy that at a time and the bubbles turned off after 5 minutes & needed 20 minutes to recharge before they'd turn back on for another 5 minutes. There is no ventilation so it became very humid & slippery while using the tub or shower. We decided to use the A/C to dehumidify the room but the A/C is mounted at the ceiling so only my 6'5 husband could reach but not see the controls. The bed was hard so we both woke up stiff and needing another soak in the jacuzzi before starting our day. They serve what looks like should be a good hot breakfast but the eggs were not good and their pastries & bagels were stale. Overall this was a very disappointing stay. I used to think Best Western's were the fancy hotels (I grew up poor, motel 6 girl) we stayed in one in San Diego on the beach & it was great but then we stayed at the awful Best Western in Prescott AZ and now following up that one with our stay here in Ventura we don't feel the same about Best Western and won't likely choose them again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Kevin A-
I apologize that you were less than satisfied with your experience and do thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. This is one of our most popular rooms and people normally rave about it. I have noted all the details and will be addressing it hands on with my maintenance department to see exactly what we can do to improve. We appreciate your review and hope that you might give us a second chance in future.
Conneaut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The outside appearance of the motel scared me at first, it looked like it was old and tired! However, inisde the room I was very happy to find it very clean and comfortable with an extra area by the bathroom with a mirror and seating, coffeemaker, etc. That helped us when we were getting ready in the morning. The housekeeping staff was wonderful and kept the room sparkling clean. The front desk was helpful when asked for directions, I believe it was Monique who was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very nice, hot and cold foods. My only complaint here is that it seemed to be so busy that the tables did not get wiped off too much, it seemed like there was always someone waiting to take our table when we were done and vice versa. The location was a little disappointing, the park across the street would have been nice except it seemed to be a central gathering place for the homeless. We did not spend too much time in the room or use the pool as we had family in a nearby town that we had come to visit. A good clean room is the most important thing for me and this was great for that! We heard the train a few times, but only once did it wake us up.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Beth R.-
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to our guest’s feedback! It helps us know what we can improve on and what works so that we can continue to make our guests happy. We thank you for your time and review and sure hope that you may visit us again when in Ventura!
; ) Monique
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This motel is ideally located - close to both downtown and to the water (with a car). The service was efficient and friendly -- I checked in with no problems. The room had microwave and refrig. Swimming pool looked inviting. The breakfast included eggs and sausage, waffles and much more. I was pleased with the overall accommodations. Good job!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Joyce S-
Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm so happy to hear you had a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the future. We enjoy hearing about our guests stays and we appreciate your time and business!
Indio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

When you drive up to this Best Western, it looks a little old and tired. Could use a facelift on the exterior. The room was modestly remodeled and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small with a small shower and no tub. The shower needed help as it was more like a gym shower than a nice motel shower. The price was good for the area as the motel was within walking distance of downtown Ventura's shops and restaurants. It was also a short walk to the beach. There were quite a few nice restaurants that you could walk to. Breakfast was your standard basic motel breakfast. Just okay. After reviewing several other motels in this area, we chose this Best Western because of price and location. This motel as well as several others in the area are located right next to the 101 freeway. It was very noisy and a room closer to Thompson Street would be best. An okay room for a one night stay or if you are just passing through.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
DesertWink-
We appreciate you taking the time to drop us a line. Feedback is imperative to us and we appreciate all that we receive. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope that we may welcome you again in the future.
Cumberland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our honeymoon was traveling up and down the PCH from San Diego to Santa Barbara. Needed a place to stay so we check the GPS for motels and found Best Western Ventura. Called the number and Alice answered...she was very polite and professional, she had a room and quoted us the price. When we arrived and she realized it was our honeymoon, she upgraded us to the honeymoon suite at no additional cost. She was a great employee and had fantastic people skills..made us feel like we were some type of celebrities or something. She had a great sense of humor and treated all guest with that same manner. Thanks Alice...... Later that night, Cyndi was at the lobby desk and help us find a Best Western at LAX.............thanks Cyndi....

Linda C-
First off let me start by saying congratulations on your nuptials! It’s awesome that we could contribute to making a great impression at such a special time. From the entire staff we wish you endless love and happiness, and hope that we may get the chance to welcome you again in the future (anniversary? wink wink). Thank you for your review.
Prescott, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'd sleep in my car before going back! I came back from a bike ride and needed to use the bathroom bad, only to find myself locked out of my room! I was told by Carlos that I was past checkout time. Since I had made reservations for two nights, I didn't understand what he was talking about. He insisted I had made reservations for 1 night. I called customer service and they verified I had made reservations for two nights. I had the confirmation number which also verified my two night reservation. None of this made any difference to Carlos and he told me that unless I agreed to change rooms and sleep on a cot, I couldn't go back into the room to fetch my things. Then he threatened me with the Police! Needless to say I signed, got my stuff, and got the hell out of there as soon as I could. Six hours of stress and lies from customer service. I don't think I'll ever consider using Best Western again!

Room Tip: Get your reservation in writing! They never gave me one and BOY do I regret it!
Shar4shar-
I apologize that you were less than satisfied with your experience and do thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We appreciate your review!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura? Share your experiences!