As loyal Starwood Preferred Guest members, we were rather disappointed at the standards this hotel is run by. It's not what we've come to expect from the brand over the years. If I were Sheraton/SPG, I'd audit this property.
Here's a quick recap of our stay:
1. Good location: Proximity to the harbor is the single biggest reason one would want to stay here.
2. Clean: Effective housekeeping.
1. "Harbor View Room" is actually more of a "Parking Lot View": Reception 'upgraded' us to a better room with a harbor view upon check-in. Don't let that impact your selection of a room, unless you'll settle for the view in the picture included with this review. There's a huge parking lot between the hotel and the harbor, so while 'harbor view' is not technically inaccurate, it does offer false perception.
2. Little Attention to Detail: When Reception 'upgraded' us to a better room (in their view, pun intended), we were given a room with two queen beds instead of what our original reservation was for (one king bed). Of course, we weren't notified of this and didn't know until we got to the room. We had to go back down and change our room.
3. Customer Service Staff: They were rather apathetic. We were a bit taken aback by the attitude. We'd politely ask a question (e.g. room service, late checkout time, nearby attractions, etc.) but get a rather disgruntled answer. And this was from multiple people in multiple places, too. (Reception, Room Service, etc.) We didn't feel welcome at all, and where we would have normally considered extending our stay given the purpose was to have a relaxing weekend, we didn't even entertain the thought in this case.
4. Awkward Room Furniture Placement: The only air conditioning unit in our room was blocked out by a couch! Please see pictures for evidence. In all our years of traveling, we have never seen anything like this. Just very poor planning, and of course, it's magnified during the summer.
5. Always Open Window in the Bathroom is Sadly Ideal for Eavesdropping: The window in the bathroom is rather old-school, like the hotel. That's not a bad thing by itself, except that in this case, you can VERY clearly hear someone talking in the walkway outside, and vice versa. See pictures for inner and outer views of the windows. Even shutting them all the way didn't resolve the issue.
Dated Hotel Property: So they've upgraded furnishings and amenities in the room and such, but it's still quite a dated property. Not the biggest issue, but it's worth noting nonetheless.
Parking Lot Unsecured: There's a nightly charge for parking, which is not an issue. But despite the charge, anyone can get in and out of the parking lot as needed, at least until 1 a.m. Again, not the biggest issue, but worth noting.
Don't expect much of a view from a "Harbor View Room" (See pictures with this review)
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
June 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate you letting us know how your stay went as we constantly strive to better ourselves. Needless to say I was disappointed that your stay did not go better. I am very sorry you found our staff to be indifferent, this is as unacceptable to me as it is to you and I will definitely be looking in to who was on shift during your stay as we normally pride ourselves on our great customer service. The rooms as well are in the very beginning stages of being remodeled and we hope to have completed all of them before November of this year. If you consider staying with us again please let me know personally and I will make sure we get you in a great room.
Report response as inappropriate
CFDM ext. 1298
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.