We stayed here for 2 nights recently during our California vacation because we had accumulated enough Starwood Preferred Guest points to receive 2 free nights; unfortunately, we were very underwhelmed with our stay.
On the plus side, the hotel has free Wi-Fi, and has a great location not too far off the freeway and right on Ventura Harbor. Our room was also fairly spacious.
Because Four Points hotels are the Starwood "discount" hotels, we didn't expect much in terms of room decor. However, we also didn't expect that paint would be peeling off the walls in the bathroom and the lower part of the door rotted away from water damage. We didn't care that our room was on the first floor near the lobby, but the walls/door were incredibly thin - we could hear so much noise coming from the lobby, guests walking through the hallway, and employees punching into an electronic keypad that we tried cramming towels under the door to block the sound (unfortunately this didn't work, and we had difficulty falling asleep at night and were woken up early each morning).
Additionally, the hotel doesn't have a modern heating and cooling system - instead each room (or our room at least) has a windowbox air conditioner/heater. Again, this wouldn't have been a big deal except that the thing sounded like a Mack Truck was going up a 45 degree incline right outside our window (this also made it difficult to sleep). Finally, if the air conditioner/heater sounded like a Mack Truck, the fan in the bathroom sounded like a 747 preparing for takeoff. Because of this, I inadvertently woke my wife up each morning while trying to use the facilities.
Also, be aware that the hotel charges $10 per day to park; this is pretty ridiculous considering that parking is not at a premium in Ventura - it's not like the hotel is located in a major metropolitan area.
It wasn't all bad though - the hotel did give us 1 free 16 oz bottle of water for the 2 days we stayed there, and also left us a small bottle of Heinz ketchup in the couch (we didn't take advantage of the last "gift").
Ultimately, if we ever make it back to Ventura we will not stay here again, even if we had enough Star Points to get free nights. In fact, we probably won't bother staying exclusively at Starwood hotels while we're on vacation anymore - if this is what we get for all of our points, we'd rather just skip the brand loyalty and go with whatever hotels offer the best deals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel on the Ventura Harbor, the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor is nestled on 17 acres of prime coastal land along California's Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor Hotel Ventura
- 4 Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor
- Four Points Ventura Harbor
- Ventura Four Points