“decent hotel, great location, fabulous staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Ventura
Santa Cruz, California
“decent hotel, great location, fabulous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Four Points Ventura several times while traveling for business. The hotel itself is basic, nothing very fancy, consistent with its pricing. Rooms are nice size but without frills. Bath/shower are fiberglass inserts, common for midline hotels, TV isn't terribly large, etc. With that said, the rooms are extremely well taken care of -- very clean, well stocked and everything works. Wifi hooks up easily and is fast. Bedsheets and towels are all high grade. The location is very nice, just on the north end of Ventura and adjacent to the harbor. Fresh air and nice views.

What really stands out is the staff. The front desk folks are extremely friendly, joke around a bit, and get things quickly set up. Once in the room, you get a follow up phone call to make sure everything is the way you want it. You never get those blank stares or pauses as though the staff are tired of dealing with the public. Just the opposite -- they seem to take great pride in their property and want to make for an excellent experience. This even extends to the housekeeping service. Clean up is fast, and everything is replenished. Quick example: there's a selection of teas at the in room coffee maker. One night I brewed a specific kind of tea. The next day the housekeepers replenished the tea, and added extra bags of the particular tea I used. Now that's attention to detail! The manager of this hotel could run a clinic teaching other hotels how to treat their customers. Seriously.

Anyway, when traveling through Ventura, I will never hesitate to stay here. Very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear gmansc,
Thank you from our staff for your review of our property. We do care about our guests and the service we can provide to the many wonderful travelers who stay with us. It is very special to know that you noticed the extra touches. Thank you, of course, for your full review. All your comments were important to us. Happy Traveling. Come see us soon. Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I can't comment on price - I am a rewards member and booked this hotel on points.

We were very happy with the accommodations and the staff at this hotel. Our room faced the marina (over a couple parking lots) and was clean and spacious. Our king bed was comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was refreshed, clean and had all the supplies we could want.

This size room is definitely big enough for a couple or a couple with a small child.
It is close to the marina and a few miles from the pier and downtown Ventura. We quite enjoyed walking along the strand in the mornings - there is parking at the pier for $2 or if you can find parking off pierpont (residential area) and it is about a mile walk to the pier - a lovely park is right there too.

This hotel is a bit older - not sure how it qualifies as a resort - but it does have a pool and a small gym. All in all this is a fine place to rest your head for a couple of days and the staff is friendly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ErikaLosAngeles,
Thank you for taking the time to give our property such a thoughtful review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We follow all our reviews and try to listen carefully to our guests. We think of our guests as family and appreciate it when a guest shares their stay. Happy Traveling, Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort.
Manteca, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Beautiful Hotel, e and not pricey at all. Excellent service, wonderful amenities but did not know about the parking fee. Kinda should be in the booking fees. The breakfast was yummy. Close to Harbor Village and a very knowledgeable staff who had some really good suggestions. Loved the balconey, the Hot Tub and the wonderfully manicured grounds

Room Tip: Cant speak for any room but our own. It was superb!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear SybilleW,
Thank you for your great review after your 'Girl's Weekend'. You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself. I could feel your appreciation of your special weekend. I hope you have many more with many more terrific memories. Don't forget to take pictures! Happy Vacations!
jason93308@aol.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. The pool is walk right in warm. The jacuzzi dome is cool. The view of the harbor is nice. Over all I would recommend this place to all. They do charge $10 for parking which I think parking should come with all rooms.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear iskidily-odo,
Thank you for your review of your stay at our property. I am sorry that we couldn't accommodate another night for you. It is always wonderful to tell the staff that we made someone so comfortable they wanted to stay again. Come and see us again and please stop by to say hello.
Happy Traveling. Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor resort
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just stayed here for MLK weekend. This is our go to spot in Ventura. Great location in between Downtown Ventura and Oxnard. Easy scenic non freeway drive to downtown. it's also right near Ventura Harbor.

Pet friendly with well manicured grassy area for dog walking. Great amenities (tennis courts, basketball courts, pool and jacuzzi). Hotel was full but never felt crowded. Got a great rate $112/night but self parking is an extra $10 overnight, no problem finding a spot in the outdoor open lot but given lot is not really "secured" or a structure, feel the parking fee is just excessive. Got wifi internet for free. No other acknowledgement of Gold Preferred status and no late checkout (not even 1 hour). Staff was efficient but not as friendly as in my past stays.

Room on the third floor was quiet, spacious and remodeled, with large bathroom with tub. The main room had a desk, a full sized couch and full sized coffee table, and a mini fridge that is empty so you can put your own groceries inside. Very much enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor room in main lobby building can be noisy in the weekend (near bar and conference rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
James B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family and I (including our Aussie mix dog) stayed 5 nights here while visiting with family and friends during the "2013" New Years holiday. Loved our room and how we were treated by the hotel staff. We had a ground floor room that overlooked the commom area where the jacuzzi and tennis courts are. Beautifully landscaped area and well manicured with lots of room to walk a dog. There was a wedding going on during our time there just outside our patio door! We took advantage of most everything the hotel had to offer. Our wonderful experience at Alexanders restarant with family and friends, the jacuzzi, work out gym, spacious lobby with a wet bar and gas fireplace, free wi fi, free decent coffee in the morning and comfy chairs. The basketball court, walking area, laundry facilities, room service all added to our comfortable stay. Nice comfy beds in our clean and spacious hotel room. Front desk people were friendly (to my dog too) and helpful. My only complaint is that the $10.00 per day parking fee, $10.00 per day cot fee really pushed our bill up quickly! It is also a $75.00 one time charge for our single pet which was to be expected. We all really loved our stay though which we have found difficult to enjoy in other hotels with two teenage boys... it was well worth it and we'll be back again!!!

Room Tip: It is essential that if you are traveling with a dog to get a garden level patio room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked a suite at the four points Ventura last weekend for two nights. When I checked in I was told my room had a water leak and I wouldn't be able to use the room until the next day. I come back next day to check in and they say the room is not available as the people in the room just checked out. So they went and rent the room right out from under me and gave me a crappy two rooms so they could make extra money. Not getting the room cost me a bunch of money in lost food I had bought to use in the suites kitchen. I sent an email to the corporate office and they just forwarded it to the manager who lied to me when I check me in. My response letter I got from John Schildge was a generic message not responding to his lying to me or caring about the inconvinous he put me and my family through. Also internet connection was so bad I couldn't read my email. Do Choose this hotel if you want to relax. Holiday Inn next door is a much better choose.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear jojo32655,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced. We have talked to staff. It is true that someone was in the other suite, and had already checked in when you arrived. The suite you were booked into did have an unforeseen problem and we did accomadate you with the best that was still available.We moved you into the suite the next day. My manager credited your account with points because of the change in room. Please feel free to let me know if you stay with us again. We always try to give our guests the very best. I hope you have many pleasant and comfortable adventures. Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor? Share your experiences!